Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Waters No Longer Running, Derp.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

If you don't want to get annoyed don't read it, unless you like getting annoyed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

jank wrote: »
    If you don't want to get annoyed don't read it, unless you like getting annoyed.
    Since this piece of nonsense, like previous pieces of Waters-originated nonsense, provides some people in this country (and I know a couple) with their opinions, unfortunately, there's no alternative to reading it, so that their sad fanaticism can be better understood, if not quite tolerated.

I think you would be better off spending your time on reading something else of greater material worth and developing your own ideas rather than keeping tabs on "the enemy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

/wonders what jank is doing in this forum

You must be bored silly reading us moaning about people? Anything positive to contribute or...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

He just gets carrier, doesn't he? Some day I think Waters is going to snap completely. I don't know what he'll do then, but I bet it will be as much spectacular as insane.

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote: »
    Some day I think Waters is going to snap completely.
    How will we know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

robindch wrote: »
    How will we know?

He'll have shaved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

How will we know?

He'll be the one to kill Sinead O'Connor spectacularly while holding up a post office on The Aran Islands.

The only good things he did was support the war on Iraq and raise 3 million for the Irish Hospice Foundation, and while very credible they do nothing to hide the fact that he is a con artist, a fraud, and hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Since this piece of nonsense, like previous pieces of Waters-originated nonsense, provides some people in this country (and I know a couple) with their opinions, unfortunately, there's no alternative to reading it, so that their sad fanaticism can be better understood, if not quite tolerated.

Perhaps a short summary or bullet points would be very useful. It's a long article, which means nothing, except that it's the insane ramblings of Waters.

His piece on Enda Kenny (THERE WAS nothing particularly “courageous” about Enda Kenny’s speech. It might have been brave 30 or 40 years ago, when the swishing soutanes and swinging thuribles did indeed rule the roost. . . etc) really annoyed me.

Perhaps a short summary or bullet points would be very useful.
    And have to read it again?

Jeez, no!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Summary

Beautiful Catholic youth gathering italy...blah blah, not possible in Ireland, blah blah because the govement, secularism, blah blah the goverment..blah blah education blah blah the liberal media...blah blah all bad for religion blah blah won't someone please think of the children!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I had to smile when I saw that he had transferred the phrase "to groom the young" to unspecified scientist types, far from its more usual clerical associations :)
    It sets out to groom the young to insert chips into circuit boards, or regurgitate the formula for a potency drug, but not to know what reality truly is

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I suppose it only is fair if I point out that I kind of in a very weak way agreed with his point on grooming scientists. His view of reality and my view of it are very different though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

I would rather excavate my own eye balls with a wooden spoon than read a Waters article but I met him through my work earlier this year and was prepared to hate him but he was a really nice, polite and kinda shy person...go figure....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

And have to read it again?

Jeez, no!

Ahahahaha.
    I fully understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Here are Watery John's latest ravings. Granted it's only in the Irish Catholic, but even still, his biliousness seems to have reached new heights:

http://www.irishcatholic.ie/site/content/unseemly-and-seemly-unstoppable-rush-zeroism-john-waters

There a several shady dealings when it comes to the said organisation:

From the Fatto Quotidiano:
    Dal novembre 2008, il sottosegretario alla Presidenza del Consiglio Gianni Letta risulta indagato per reati di abuso d'ufficio, turbativa d'asta e truffa aggravata in riferimento a presunti favori per l'affidamento ad una holding di cooperative legata al movimento Comunione e Liberazione dell'appalto per la ristorazione di un centro di assistenza per richiedenti asilo nel comune di Policoro
    In November 2008, the undersecretary to the Council President (Prime Minister) Gianni Letta, is under investigation for abuse of office, bid rigging and aggravated fraud in relation to alleged favours in the procurement of a holding of cooperatives linked to the movement Communione e Liberazione in a tender for the restoration of a service centre for people requesting asylum in the municipality of Policoro.

Comunione e Liberazione has close links with Silvio Berlusconi's party (Hardly a bastion of moral fortitude) most notably through Roberto Formigoni, current governer of the Lombardy Region.

I wonder is John aware of or even care about recent revelations regarding links between Comunione e Liberazione (an oxymoron if there ever was one) and the murky underbelly of Italian politics?

One should ask him.

Of course, the concept of a secular education is an oxymoron

Does John know that the Italian education system is utterly secular with legal separation of church and state?

:rolleyes:

Dave! wrote: »
    /wonders what jank is doing in this forum

You must be bored silly reading us moaning about people? Anything positive to contribute or...?

Well, I am Agnostic but I am not a sheep either blindly following the neo-Atheist line of "Religion is baaaaaad" in the "dem tok ur jabs" vein.

Interestingly you think I don't belong in this forum. Says alot imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I think you would be better off spending your time on reading something else of greater material worth and developing your own ideas rather than keeping tabs on "the enemy".
    Well this is the A&A forum, and if Watery Diarrhea decides to dedicate precious column inches to attacking atheists, I'd expect his ****e to be dissected here.

• Advertisement

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Well this is the A&A forum, and if Watery Diarrhea decides to dedicate precious column inches to attacking atheists, I'd expect his ****e to be dissected here.

Well, he is not attacking atheists for a start he is attacking the secularisation of Ireland especially the education sector. I am whole heartingly agree with a secular society by the way.

• Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

We, the parents of this allegedly Christian but now almost completely bunkered country, are forced to stand idly by as an avowedly atheist education minister in a stupid Government dismantles the birthright of our children. Indeed, we are obliged, in deference to the dominant imperatives of 'tolerance' and 'pluralism' to celebrate this destruction.

That reads to me as, "The atheist is destroying the birthright of Christian children".

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

I've just been wondering what kind of site traffic sites like IrishCatholic.com get.. I can't imagine that many internet users outside of t'other forum's demographic actively seeking it out.

Interestingly you think I don't belong in this forum. Says alot imo.

Nobody said you don't belong, but its not very tactful to just arrive in and then immediately criticize everyone else ;)

recedite wrote: »
    Nobody said you don't belong, but its not very tactful to just arrive in and then immediately criticize everyone else ;)

It was implied, "get in line". Also I did not criticize eveyone else.

Now you're suffering from delusions.

Well, he is not attacking atheists for a start [...]
    "the eradication of the greater part of our children's humanity"?

Sounds to me like he is.

"the eradication of the greater part of our children's humanity"?

Sounds to me like he is.

Well you have a chip on your shoulder, that much is clear. Secularism is his battle not atheism.

Oh and I have no time for John Waters and his ilk like Ronan Mullen

• Advertisement

Secularism is his battle not atheism.
    Waters is not smart enough to understand the distinction.

And cut out the personal comments or you'll be taking some christmas holidays.

Advertisement