Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-09-2020, 22:56   #16
igCorcaigh

Thanks everyone. I got the 18mg tobacco flavour from the same shop.

All this is new to me, but I'm 47 and don't want to be hitting my 50s and still smoking. It will kill me.

Went for a routine hospital test two weeks ago, my blood pressure was over 200 to something.

I need to get healthier.
Advertisement
20-09-2020, 23:46   #17
jonski

I was the same age when I started, that was over six years ago and I haven't smoked since . Take your time and do it at your own pace .
Thanks from:
20-09-2020, 23:51   #18
Buttonftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by igCorcaigh View Post
Thanks everyone. I got the 18mg tobacco flavour from the same shop.

All this is new to me, but I'm 47 and don't want to be hitting my 50s and still smoking. It will kill me.

Went for a routine hospital test two weeks ago, my blood pressure was over 200 to something.

I need to get healthier.
Get a couple of 12mg to have handy. I used 18mg for less than a week and didn't really need it.
Some people prefer tobacco flavours, myself and most (in my experience at least) like others. One thing I found helpful was adding a little menthol to berry flavours especially at the start just for a little bit of a chest hit without being irritating.

(I've had to quit smoking again recently I went back on them after a few years off and am finding it about as easy as last time)

Last edited by Buttonftw; 20-09-2020 at 23:59.
Thanks from:
21-09-2020, 03:48   #19
Mad_Mike

I gave them up 3 years ago and I was 48 at the time. Never smoked a cigarette since.

The one mistake most people make is trying a flavour or strength they dont like and going back to cigarettes. There is always another option.

If you put in the .7 coil and you're vaping at 20w, then 18mg will probably be a bit too strong for you. Try it and see how you get on. Normally I use around 9 or 12 mg at 20w.

If you use the 1.8 coil, you'll be vaping at far lower wattage and the 18 mg will work well with that, but you need the airflow turned right down.

Keep experimenting and changing airflow and different strength and flavour juices and you'll be flying in no time. Best of luck with it
Thanks from:
22-09-2020, 20:44   #20
Buttonftw

Also if you're still going I find it hard to recommend anything other than this: https://ecirette.ie/products/innokin...212ebe0b&_ss=r

Worked for me and anyone else I recommended it to. Will last a few years. Only pity is the mod can't be bought on its own but should get 18 months out of it handy enough. Coils are cheap and available everywhere.
Advertisement
23-09-2020, 20:42   #21
igCorcaigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonftw View Post
Also if you're still going I find it hard to recommend anything other than this: https://ecirette.ie/products/innokin...212ebe0b&_ss=r

Worked for me and anyone else I recommended it to. Will last a few years. Only pity is the mod can't be bought on its own but should get 18 months out of it handy enough. Coils are cheap and available everywhere.
Cheers! I went with the Aspire Nautilus Prime in the end, and happy so far.

Have to research DIY juice now, as the premixed flavours can be limited in choice.

Still having the odd tobacco rollie (just the one today) but looking to cut that way back soon.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion