Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Westfield Leixlip

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Dylan94

Weaselmin wrote: »
    Does anyone have a copy of the latest price list? Noticed on daft it says 3-beds starting at 390k, but in the description it says 415k!

They have a 3 bed mid terrace for 390.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Any update on the Creche and play area?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dorianganessa

Hey guys, I was just there earlier checking on the construction progress and I noticed a very powerful sewer like smell. Any idea what it was? Is it something recurring?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Hey guys, I was just there earlier checking on the construction progress and I noticed a very powerful sewer like smell. Any idea what it was? Is it something recurring?

I think the smell you are referring to is actually slurry! There is certainly a good smell of it in the air this evening. No issues with sewage smells that I've noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dorianganessa

stdidit wrote: »
    I think the smell you are referring to is actually slurry! There is certainly a good smell of it in the air this evening. No issues with sewage smells that I've noticed.

Does this happen often? It seemed odd, I've never smelled anything any time I've been there

• Advertisement

Does this happen often? It seemed odd, I've never smelled anything any time I've been there

No, it's a farming thing done to fertilise grass, usually only done once or twice a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭buffalo

fall wrote: »
    Any update on the Creche and play area?

PP process for expanding the creche is ongoing - KCC have requested further information.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JudyHz

Does anyone have the floor plan with approximate dimensions for the Louisa?

I’m mostly interested on the living room because of that angled corner that is challenging to find a corner sofa to fit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MauriceRKK

JudyHz wrote: »
    Does anyone have the floor plan with approximate dimensions for the Louisa?

I’m mostly interested on the living room because of that angled corner that is challenging to find a corner sofa to fit there.

Hi JudyHz,

Does this help? Made these the other day to send to our floor guy. They are rough / approximate and we took them from the showhouse (no.35 the park I think).

Bear in mind that no 35 is type M and the plans in the attached are for type M1, the mirror image of the showhouse - that's the config we are buying.

Here's a mad question. Maybe I'm just being overly pedantic but.....

My house in Westfield is due for handover in approx 3-4 weeks. Will need to fit a snagging or two in there somewhere also.

Now I know that our fearless leader is harping on about imposing fines on people travelling more than 5km. While I tend to agree with that approach within logical reasoning, I'm curious to know whether moving house is considered an essential activity or are we at risk of being fined for travelling the 26km required to move?

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 maon04

Hi! I have a question on the Louisas.

Does anyone knows if the 135sq/m includes the atic space?

Also, Does anyone knows if there is any Louisas left?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dec2020

Did anyone get their appliances through Gallaghers kitchens? If so, was there much of a waiting time for them and was there much difference in cost compared to somewhere like currys?
    Thanks

maon04 wrote: »
    Hi! I have a question on the Louisas.

Does anyone knows if the 135sq/m includes the atic space?

Also, Does anyone knows if there is any Louisas left?

Thanks!

I was told by the agent that the 135sqm does not include the attic.
    Not sure if any Louisas left

Hey all,
    Did any of you snag your home without electricity connected?
    Builders have told me Electric Ireland can't connect power until 25th November, snag is booked for this Friday 6th November.
    Not sure what to do if I'm honest.

MauriceRKK wrote: »
    Hey all,
    Builders have told me Electric Ireland can't connect power until 25th November, snag is booked for this Friday 6th November.

I wouldn't snag without the electricity, you should really be checking the heating, all the sockets, all the lights etc so you need electricity to check all these

Hey all,

In fairness to the builders, they were great at fixing a lot of post-move in snags for us.

However, electrics are a massive part of the house especially considering no oil/gas. You'd want to be checking all the radiators, lights, fans (and isolators). And can you check the water flow in all taps and pressure without an operating pump in the hot press?

I'd be holding off.

buffalo wrote: »
    In fairness to the builders, they were great at fixing a lot of post-move in snags for us.

However, electrics are a massive part of the house especially considering no oil/gas. You'd want to be checking all the radiators, lights, fans (and isolators). And can you check the water flow in all taps and pressure without an operating pump in the hot press?

I'd be holding off.

Very good point buffalo, I heard very good things re: standard in this estate but the inability to check heating and potentially taps etc is what puts me off.

It was suggested to me it might be possible to get the snagger in for a second snag to check electrics etc but I have zero experience with these things (first time buyer) and am reluctant to do that now.

The problem is the pain this will cause re: delays to moving, I'm told 2-3 weeks after snagging for handover. Not a huge deal but will put a dent in plans for flooring etc. as it might be tight getting it done pre-christmas.

Thanks for the sound advice.

Very good point buffalo, I heard very good things re: standard in this estate but the inability to check heating and potentially taps etc is what puts me off.

It was suggested to me it might be possible to get the snagger in for a second snag to check electrics etc but I have zero experience with these things (first time buyer) and am reluctant to do that now.

The problem is the pain this will cause re: delays to moving, I'm told 2-3 weeks after snagging for handover. Not a huge deal but will put a dent in plans for flooring etc. as it might be tight getting it done pre-christmas.

Thanks for the sound advice.

I know when you're so close to finalising everything, it's tempting to cut a few corners - especially close to Christmas. We did our snag 20/21ish November and got the keys 8th or 12th of December. There was only one tricky snag that required re-plastering a section of wall (and it took a couple of goes), the rest were easily fixed. So if you're lucky with snags, it's doable to at least be in by Christmas!

We painted the floors with a sealant to keep the dust down, took the pressure off to get the floors done when we didn't know what we wanted.

edit: Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they're under pressure/incentives to close some sales before Christmas, so hold your ground and you might get some very rapid fixes done!

I know when you're so close to finalising everything, it's tempting to cut a few corners - especially close to Christmas. We did our snag 20/21ish November and got the keys 8th or 12th of December. There was only one tricky snag that required re-plastering a section of wall (and it took a couple of goes), the rest were easily fixed. So if you're lucky with snags, it's doable to at least be in by Christmas!

We painted the floors with a sealant to keep the dust down, took the pressure off to get the floors done when we didn't know what we wanted.

edit: Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they're under pressure/incentives to close some sales before Christmas, so hold your ground and you might get some very rapid fixes done!

That's a good tip re: floors! We have a fitter for our floors standing by who has been awesome to deal with so far, very understanding.
    Based on advice here we have decided to push out snagging due to risk involved - thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Got a call from Sherry Fitzgerald there, 1 3bed (no. 12) available for 415k and 3 4beds for 465k left in the estate at the very back, viewing in the morning at 9am

• Advertisement

Does virgin media broadband work in the estate?

Dec2020 wrote: »
    Does virgin media broadband work in the estate?

Yes, the houses are pre wired for virgin media

Thanks for that! Do you have to get the engineer out to set it up or is it plug in and go?

Thanks for that! Do you have to get the engineer out to set it up or is it plug in and go?

It was plug and go for me anyway, no engineer needed, there was a wall box pre installed in our sitting room so was just a matter plugging into that!

That's handy, mine doesn't I just have the TV socket

That's handy, mine doesn't I just have the TV socket

I'm surprised to hear that. It might be worth asking the foreman? We got our keys last December and it was definitely standard back then, it could have changed, but on Westfield website it still says "Pre-wired for intruder alarm, TV and Broadband."

Hello!

A couple of questions!

I am looking for the layout with sizes of the Castletown 4bed (Gable entrance).. Anyone? (And thanks!!)

Also, Does anyone (who had purchased a 4bed with floors and appliances) knows exactly what appliances are included on that 4 bed? The only thing I know is that the brand they use is Normende...

Thank you in advance!

maon04 wrote: »
    Hello!

A couple of questions!

I am looking for the layout with sizes of the Castletown 4bed (Gable entrance).. Anyone? (And thanks!!)

Also, Does anyone (who had purchased a 4bed with floors and appliances) knows exactly what appliances are included on that 4 bed? The only thing I know is that the brand they use is Normende...

Thank you in advance!

I couldn't tell you measurements, but I can tell you there are no appliances included. You can buy a package from the kitchen suppliers (Gallagher's), but what's in it may vary.

I couldn't tell you measurements, but I can tell you there are no appliances included. You can buy a package from the kitchen suppliers (Gallagher's), but what's in it may vary.

Hi! No problem!

Actually the last few 4 beds available are including flooring and appliances (you can check the description on daft.ie too but I know because I am actually in the process of buying one! :) The builder has included this -perhaps due to covid?/demand/not selling as fast as he wanted- but doesn't specify what are the appliances.. and I am curious!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

Wouldnt buy anything with pylons that close to houses. Most European countries have banned that practise.

Advertisement