Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fiocchi fblack vs f3

Options
  • 30-04-2020 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

I normally use fiocchi fblack 28gr 7.5 but I see my local dealer has got fiocchi f3 28gr 7.5 in a red case just wondering has anybody tried these and how do you find them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Just saw your post, a very late reply!
    I used F-Blacks and thought them very good.
    But the difference in cartridges is almost negligible compared to the skill of the shooter.
    Local clay club has a very testing set of stands, and there is a 12 year old lad who can shoot most men off the park using 12 bore 21gram Eley Amber's.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Steel rain

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Just saw your post, a very late reply!
    I used F-Blacks and thought them very good.
    But the difference in cartridges is almost negligible compared to the skill of the shooter.
    Local clay club has a very testing set of stands, and there is a 12 year old lad who can shoot most men off the park using 12 bore 21gram Eley Amber's.

Since this post I've fired 2 slabs of the F3 7.5 and find them every bit as good as the f blacks to be honest and would be happy shooting both of them in competition, I'm starting to think that cartridges are a confidence thing like what brand of gun you choose to shoot and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I agree, cartridge preference is almost a superstition, just like the way some lads get into a ritual of actions before loading it taking a shot.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I agree, cartridge preference is almost a superstition, just like the way some lads get into a ritual of actions before loading it taking a shot.

The only real difference I notice between a budget and competition cartridges is that when the clay gets way out there the competition shell's seem to come into their own with better quality breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Yeah for normal sporting targets any clay cartridge will do. As the ranges increase you should notice the extra tightness and better pattern of higher end cartridges.

I've just bought a slab of Fiocchi litespeeds. 26g 8s. Looking forward to trying them.

I'm also thinking of just using 24g shells instead of 28g for sporting targets. I tried a box of gamebore evos in 24g and they broke clays as convincingly as the 28g equivalent, except with less recoil and muzzle flip.

• Advertisement

Yeah for normal sporting targets any clay cartridge will do. As the ranges increase you should notice the extra tightness and better pattern of higher end cartridges.

I've just bought a slab of Fiocchi litespeeds. 26g 8s. Looking forward to trying them.

I'm also thinking of just using 24g shells instead of 28g for sporting targets. I tried a box of gamebore evos in 24g and they broke clays as convincingly as the 28g equivalent, except with less recoil and muzzle flip.

Let us know how you get on with the fiocchi litespeeds, I've tried a few of the fiocchi tt1 but they dont even come close to the breaks from the f blacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Steel rain wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on with the fiocchi litespeeds, I've tried a few of the fiocchi tt1 but they dont even come close to the breaks from the f blacks.

I tried the light speeds. I thought I noticed slightly more recoil than the fblack. It's a good cartridge and worth a try.

I tried the light speeds. I thought I noticed slightly more recoil than the fblack. It's a good cartridge and worth a try.

That's good to hear, to be fair most all fiocchi cartridges are quality don't see them bringing out a dud in the range at this stage, must see if i can pick up a slab to try them some time.

Advertisement