Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ashes 17-18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Anderson is run out.

346 all out, not a bad score at all

Apologies, Crane is actually run out. Anderson was on strike :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

346. Ends with a run out. Not enough again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

346. Ends with a run out. Not enough again

That's a decent enough score on this pitch. It's just how last night ended that was disappointing for me.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    That's a decent enough score on this pitch. It's just how last night ended that was disappointing for me.

Could be OK, still think 400 is about par

1-1 Bancroft out, bad shot

• Advertisement

Wow, Bancroft bowled by Broad. What a ball! 1-1.

I don't think Bancroft needs to bother packing a bag for South Africa somehow or other

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Could be OK, still think 400 is about par

312 is the average first innings total at the SCG

Im out for the night, will catch highlights in the morning. I have a funny feeling England are going to have a good day here

Hope Moeen has a good session here. He's been the biggest disappointment this series.

• Advertisement

Warner gone. I didn't see that coming at all. Great ball. 86-2.

96-2 at tea, or as it should be called, bedtime :)

Khawaja 65* 136-2

193-2. Trail by 153

Khawaja putting in a good shift, glad to see it from him. Test is set up nicely now, must check into Starc and see what the craic was with him and not bowling at the end. I just watched a few highlights didn't read up to see is he injured again.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

Just finished watching the highlights from day 2. I was quite torn throughout the latter stages. I thought Crane was doing well and would like to have seen him get a wicket, but I also didn't want to see either batsman leave the crease; Khawaja because I'd like to see him make a century, and Smith because I just like watching him bat. Big day coming up.

221-2. Khawaja 101* Smith 62*, slow death for England

Smith out for 83, Moeen ali got him. 274-3

Shaun Marsh is a cure for insomnia

Ugh, struggling to stay up. England getting battered again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Lovely commentary moment. Mike Gatting, Ian Healy and Shane Wayne reminiscing about “that ball” at Old Trafford. Great discussion and mutual respect is impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

England's bowling has never looked capable of getting the Aussies out twice, or even close.

Slightly of topic because the Ashes are just too grim, but the coverage of the Big Bash is really good. The 3 man team works well, and I really like when they have the former English players too.

Enjoying the Big Bash (not that I think the transplantation of the franchise idea to England is a good idea), fills my midweek mornings nicely while I wait for the NRL to restart :)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Slightly of topic because the Ashes are just too grim, but the coverage of the Big Bash is really good. The 3 man team works well, and I really like when they have the former English players too.

Enjoying the Big Bash (not that I think the transplantation of the franchise idea to England is a good idea), fills my midweek mornings nicely while I wait for the NRL to restart :)

If you don’t mind listening to Australian accents, I don’t, it’s very interesting commentary. Little spoofing and some good cricket. Good to see the talent of Khan on show - still not sure many like his glare.

312 is the average first innings total at the SCG
    Averages, averages, averages. 513-4 is the score

Mitchell Marsh got 101, bowled by Tom Curran off the next ball. Now 558-5

Just a 300 lead so.

England 6-1.

15-2.

44-3 Vince out.

68-4, Malan out for 5

93-4. Root and Bairstow doing well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

It's been a very disappointing series, a terrible England team making a poor Australia team look good, I think Steve Smith is the only player from both sides that would make a current world eleven.

Hoping the South Africa v India series is better and the return of AB de Villiers is looking good..

Advertisement