Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

• 12-12-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

This is a discussion thread for the ES vehicle Gallery here

DO NOT replicate photos on this thread. Reposting pictures will be taken as not following moderator instructions and will be infracted or warned accordingly. Hyper link the post you wish to discuss (I'll explain this in next post) and then chat away about it.

Usual ES charter applies.

Enjoy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Right how to hyper link.

Go to the vehicle gallery and click on the post number (at the right hand side of the post) you wish to talk about. Then copy the link to that post.

Type your question/comment and then highlight a word from that, go to the top of your comment box and click the "hyperlink" button (The one with a picture of the world and a side ways 8). Paste the link of the post into the hyperlink box and hit ok. Simple as that.

Here is an example:

Im not a big fan of HDR images but Rebekah Whining Scalpel did a good job here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Cheers Hooch for getting this going. :)

Might as well start somewhere so I'll start with this.

What role do these play compared to the likes of a Traffic Corps. I've never seen something alike here in Dublin before so am just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

Cheers Hooch for getting this going. :)

Might as well start somewhere so I'll start with this.

What role do these play compared to the likes of a Traffic Corps. I've never seen something alike here in Dublin before so am just curious.

This is not AGS traffic corp, appears to be from some traffic division in the county council, possibly deal with traffic wardens, clamping etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Wouldn't like to fall from here

Are they harnessed in or is it all 'loose'?

msg11 wrote: »
    Wouldn't like to fall from here

Are they harnessed in or is it all 'loose'?

When I seen my local fire officers doing a training session they were all harnessed up. I'd assume that a harness is essential equipment and although I don't know anything official on this, I'd imagine that if they can't get the harness on for whatever reason, then they just don't go up.

Though I could be completely wrong, of course!

47986C31B0E148D7A3486CCA3BDC2890-0000333410-0002671752-00800L-405990C06F944B8AA9D8E47124C9CE9C.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Jus t want to note that the s-92 posted in the picture thread will also be delivered to Waterford and at least one other coast guard station in Ireland besides Shannon.

This wouldn't by any chance be one of the X5's seized by CAB a few months back ?

This wouldn't by any chance be one of the X5's seized by CAB a few months back ?

That it is.

Hooch wrote: »
    That it is.

Nice to hear :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I was thinking it was. Great to see.

• Advertisement

That's great news.

I wonder is it to replace the Volvo that was involvo-ed (har, har) in the crash with the Garda van in Cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭An Udaras

Is that the armoured one they seized?

Also, can anyone say what's behind the jeep (to it's right)?

It kinda looks like an Estate Avensis, but has the old crappy lightbar on it, instead of the 'low profile' ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Also, can anyone say what's behind the jeep (to it's right)?

It kinda looks like an Estate Avensis, but has the old crappy lightbar on it, instead of the 'low profile' ones?

Mondeo Estate id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭An Udaras

http://www.flickr.com/photos/be216cd1/5746162967/

I think it's a Fiat Ulysees looking by the back window. Traffic use them.

Do Mondeo estates get used by AGS? Never seen one. Quick google search returns nothing, too..?

An Udaras, I'm not sure. The Ulysses looks a lot taller than the vehicle beside the Jeep? (unless the BMW is huge? i also realise there's a perspective thing, that the jeep is closer to the camera, therefore bigger, but the vehicle behind it still looks a lot smaller/lower down?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Do Mondeo estates get used by AGS? Never seen one. Quick google search returns nothing, too..?

An Udaras, I'm not sure. The Ulysses looks a lot taller than the vehicle beside the Jeep? (unless the BMW is huge? i also realise there's a perspective thing, that the jeep is closer to the camera, therefore bigger, but the vehicle behind it still looks a lot smaller/lower down?)

Link

It would make sense for that car to be a mondeo estate because its based in Cork and that X5 is to replace one of the RSU's that was out of action in Cork. Therefore i would assume the photo was taken in Cork.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Link

It would make sense for that car to be a mondeo estate because its based in Cork and that X5 is to replace one of the RSU's that was out of action in Cork. Therefore i would assume the photo was taken in Cork.

That photo looks like the depot garage. RSU cork got a 09 XC 70 on loan to replace the crashed one

Edit; O and that is a mondeo traffic estate. If you look at the door they are ford handles and the shape of the door is old shape mondeo

Yeah, I'd agree with it being a Mondeo Estate now, alright. First time I've ever seen a Garda Mondeo Estate. Looks nice, actually (though I do think I prefer the Avensis' appearance).

I'd love to get a few shots the new RSU BMW. Doubt it'll ever see this part of the country though.

Anyone know if you can email the Garda Press Office, to pester them? - Yep! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭kub

It will be excellent if that BMW gets to be based in Henry Street, Limerick,;) , actually it is going to cost a packet to keep that yolk on the road, I mean between fuel and taxing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Official vehicles pay no road tax. However it will need to be followed around the city by a tanker from Topaz...

Of course they don't pay road tax....wish I had one. Seriously though, does anyone know, am I right in thinking that the graphics on marked vehicles are done in the UK.
    Does that mean some guy comes over every now and then or are they done in house with imported graphics for the particular make and model, with the Garda instead of Police etc.

Just imagine the shame if a guy came over here from the UK to mark up that BMW jeep. He might wonder why a 6 year old vehicle is being marked up, I would feel sorry for the guy telling him, ah no, we seized that off criminals.
    Infairness it can't do morale in RSU much good going around in a criminals old vehicle.
    Its just not right.

kub wrote: »
    Of course they don't pay road tax....wish I had one. Seriously though, does anyone know, am I right in thinking that the graphics on marked vehicles are done in the UK.
    Does that mean some guy comes over every now and then or are they done in house with imported graphics for the particular make and model, with the Garda instead of Police etc.

Just imagine the shame if a guy came over here from the UK to mark up that BMW jeep. He might wonder why a 6 year old vehicle is being marked up, I would feel sorry for the guy telling him, ah no, we seized that off criminals.
    Infairness it can't do morale in RSU much good going around in a criminals old vehicle.
    Its just not right.

It's all done over here as far as I know. There was pictures floating around this time last year of the new Avensis having their make-up applied before being based at what ever stations they were going to.

I don't see any shame in AGS using that X5 :confused:

So what it's six years old, there's still a good few pre 05 cars going about. In fact TC are still running a 00 Camry.

For all you know there could be F all mileage on it and it has a service history.

And lastly it is right. It's an example being made that if your a scumbag criminal these are the consequences.

Its just not right.

There are a few places around the country that do this kind of thing, I believe (Wilker are the main lads, as far as I know. Can't remember whereabouts in the country they are off the top of my head).

Although I agree that the fleet of AGS vehicles are usually quite embarrassing in comparison to... well... every other country, with regards to the jeep, I'd imagine if it'll affect morale, then it'll be in a good way.

It's rare, in this country, that a Garda 'gets one over' on the criminal. From what I see they're usually chasing the same criminals over and over again, punching and kicking, only to see the same scumbags get slapped on the wrist by an incompetent judicial system.

Personally, if I were the RSU Garda at the wheel of that BMW, I'd have a mighty big grin on my face knowing I'm driving around in the jeep of a criminal who thought he was so untouchable that he actually had the neck to customise such a vehicle the way he did.

That's just me though. :P

There are a few places around the country that do this kind of thing, I believe (Wilker are the main lads, as far as I know. Can't remember whereabouts in the country they are off the top of my head).

Although I agree that the fleet of AGS vehicles are usually quite embarrassing in comparison to... well... every other country, with regards to the jeep, I'd imagine if it'll affect morale, then it'll be in a good way.

It's rare, in this country, that a Garda 'gets one over' on the criminal. From what I see they're usually chasing the same criminals over and over again, punching and kicking, only to see the same scumbags get slapped on the wrist by an incompetent judicial system.

Personally, if I were the RSU Garda at the wheel of that BMW, I'd have a mighty big grin on my face knowing I'm driving around in the jeep of a criminal who thought he was so untouchable that he actually had the neck to customise such a vehicle the way he did.

That's just me though. :P

I could not agree with you more regarding the Judicial system, an absolute joke. I did not think about the morale thing the other way around, so if its good for the lads excellent.
    Base the X5 at Henry St in Limerick and drive it past that scumbags house who the CAB seized it off, a few times a day, actually just for good measure give a little Beep while doing so;).

It's all done over here as far as I know. There was pictures floating around this time last year of the new Avensis having their make-up applied before being based at what ever stations they were going to.

I don't see any shame in AGS using that X5 :confused:

So what it's six years old, there's still a good few pre 05 cars going about. In fact TC are still running a 00 Camry.

For all you know there could be F all mileage on it and it has a service history.

And lastly it is right. It's an example being made that if your a scumbag criminal these are the consequences.

Thank You Mr Jingles (ps love the name) I am delighted as the previous message above mentions, that the Morale of The RSU lads will be up when they get there hands on this X5.
    I suppose it being such a make and model should not matter when it comes to age, I suppose she is good for perhaps another 10 years.
    I just thought that it might cheese guys off that they were driving a cons used goods, I did not think of it as getting one up on the scum brigade.

With regard to the age of the AGS fleet in general, I am aware that some now are 5 or more years old, but are maintained to the highest standard, just my main point was originally in general all AGS vehicles are brand new when put on the fleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MissEmcee

I could not agree with you more regarding the Judicial system, an absolute joke. I did not think about the morale thing the other way around, so if its good for the lads excellent.
    Base the X5 at Henry St in Limerick and drive it past that scumbags house who the CAB seized it off, a few times a day, actually just for good measure give a little Beep while doing so;).

You hit the nail on the head there. People of Limerick would love to see that. Would send out a big message too about the increasing weakness of the family that previously owned it. Beep Beep - Hi Wayne! (when he gets out)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

If he every gets out which hope he doesn't, limerick have some nice new cars unmarked u never know there cops

POGAN wrote: »
    If he every gets out which hope he doesn't, limerick have some nice new cars unmarked u never know there cops

Proper ones you mean? Without the usual hallmarks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Proper ones you mean? Without the usual hallmarks.

mean the ones with blue grill lights no side blues,,,new 2010/2011 cars

Advertisement