Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imported gun seizures

• 25-04-2020 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Ordered a CM700A last wednesday from Taiwangun and just realized I forgot to ask for a downgrade.
    The gun shoots at 490 and is currently in Germany so no way of downgrading it now.
    Whats the current situation on customs checks in IE?
    How likely is it to be siezed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭MichaelDevers

I'd say the lads at TaiwanGun would have downgraded it before shipping it out to you. TaiwanGun are very popular in the European airsoft scene, so they would know more or less if it's going to a specific country with a Joule limit, they'd downgrade it beforehand (Causes them and the customer less issues).

Bought three replicas from them within the last year, and all of them came under the one Joule limit and without any issues from customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭czaczaja

I'd say the lads at TaiwanGun would have downgraded it before shipping it out to you. TaiwanGun are very popular in the European airsoft scene, so they would know more or less if it's going to a specific country with a Joule limit, they'd downgrade it beforehand (Causes them and the customer less issues).

Bought three replicas from them within the last year, and all of them came under the one Joule limit and without any issues from customs.

That would be amazing if it was the case.
    Ill sent them an email and see if thats possible.
    Thanks for replying!

Advertisement