Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving in with boyfriend during virus?

• 29-03-2020 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shamelia

Since the social distancing started I haven't been intimate at all with my boyfriend. I know it's important and not forever. I'm really conscious of the virus cause I live with older parents and siblings. Home is tense. My boyfriend suggested stay with him for the duration. Is better to keep at home for now ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

That would be in contravention of the directive from the Government on Friday night. You don't live there, you should not go there and you should not meet him. Yes it's tough, I haven't seen my OH in 2 weeks and won't for at least another 2 but it's what we have to do.

If everyone decides that their case is exceptional we'll never flatten that curve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Are you prepared to stay with him for 6 months? This could easily be the norm until August, not just a few weeks. Would you be ok with it if it was?

Logistically, it's tricky. Usually with moving out, it takes a few trips. Pop back home for something you forgot. You can't do that in this situation if you move in with him.

The new regulations (signed into law last night) are viewable on https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/cf9b0d-new-public-health-measures-effective-now-to-prevent-further-spread-o/

It's too late to legally move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Caranica wrote: »
    That would be in contravention of the directive from the Government on Friday night. You don't live there, you should not go there and you should not meet him. Yes it's tough, I haven't seen my OH in 2 weeks and won't for at least another 2 but it's what we have to do.

If everyone decides that their case is exceptional we'll never flatten that curve.
    I’m bangin away all week and now we’re both off work, it’ll fall off at this rate.

Caranica, where does it say there that it is illegal to move house?

I know house sales are stopped in the UK and not here, it's one of the differences. But neither in the UK or here is it illegal to move home as far as I can see....

Unless I've missed something. Highlight it for me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

It doesnt fall within the.list of reasons you can travel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭threeball

pwurple wrote: »
    Caranica, where does it say there that it is illegal to move house?

I know house sales are stopped in the UK and not here, it's one of the differences. But neither in the UK or here is it illegal to move home as far as I can see....

Unless I've missed something. Highlight it for me?

Essential travel only. Multiple trips between properties so you can get it on more regularly doesn't fall under essential.

But she is talking about changing her place of residence...

Moving out of the house with her elderly parents and siblings, and in with the boyfriend and basing herself there instead.

Not traveling at all.

Like I said, logistics are a bit tricky. And tbh, I am about to murder my husband for standing slightly too long by the kettle, so it may break your relationship. But it's not actually illegal to move house.

Move in with him and ye break up next week, where to then?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

At this point, it could be boyfriend vs family...Guess it depends, if you prefer not to be able to support, assist or see your older siblings and folks until this is over, or maybe even not get the chance to say goodbye in person, if worse comes to worst (Italy). Transmitting this virus is a harsh reality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

It's not illegal to move house. However, you might need to have some paperwork (i.e. from estate agent or landlord) proving that you're actually moving house and not just shacking up with someone 'for the duration'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Barely disguised 'I badly need the ride" thread.

#stayathome like you are meant to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Barely disguised 'I badly need the ride" thread.

It was her boyfriend's suggestion. Far be it from any of us to stand in the way of someone getting his end away.

I say go for it.

pwurple wrote: »
    But she is talking about changing her place of residence...

Moving out of the house with her elderly parents and siblings, and in with the boyfriend and basing herself there instead.

Not traveling at all.

Like I said, logistics are a bit tricky. And tbh, I am about to murder my husband for standing slightly too long by the kettle, so it may break your relationship. But it's not actually illegal to move house.

As pointed out, it is not included in permissible reasons to travel or to interact with third parties. There are published lists of exceptions to the stay at home rule, moving in with (or meeting up with - outside or otherwise) other people is not on that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

If you go, you should not go back, at all, until this phase has passed. Talk to parents through an open window kind of thing, or by phone. No tooing and frowing. At all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,947 ✭✭✭✭rob316

My friend is living apart from his fiancee for the last month as she has a serious immune disorder and he works in healthcare. They meet everyday she stands in the porch while he stands out at the gate. This will continue until this virus is as good as gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

rob316 wrote: »
    My friend is living apart from his fiancee for the last month as she has a serious immune disorder and he works in healthcare. They meet everyday she stands in the porch while he stands out at the gate. This will continue until this virus is as good as gone :(

inseparable, until the first wet evening!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

rob316 wrote: »

How can they do this with non essential travel banned?
    Do they live within the 2km for exercise?

Advertisement