Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ARD and Year End

Options
  • 24-09-2020 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I would be grateful if someone could point me on the right direction with regard to this. I used to work in accounts a few years ago but am a bit rusty on the CRO other than the broad outlines of what’s due and when.

I set up a company on 19th June last. I know that I will have to submit a B1 Return to the CRO 6 months after incorporation on 19th December 2020 with no accounts required. From there on out my ARD is 19th December.

However I would like to achieve a year end of 31st December and have an ARD a few months after this (preferably the max allowed of 9) to give myself time to have the accounts ready. I’m not sure how best to achieve this.

Do I need to move the ARD and when do I do this? Its my understanding that you can only move and ARD forward by a maximum of 6 months.

I know that you can’t send a set of Financial Statements with a B1 to the CRO that cover a period of more than 18 months but if my 2nd return covers the period from incorporation on 19/06/20 to year end on 31/12/2021 that is just over the 18 months allowed and obviously my ARD being 19th December is before year end.

I know there is a solution to this but I can’t get it straight in my head. Do I file the second return early with a year-end of 31st December and change the ARD then? What accounts would be attached to this?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

Advertisement