Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Irish far-Right

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,781 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I don't know about that we already seem stupid enough to deny science when you can no longer say that a man is a man and a woman is a woman without getting attacked because you don't believe that a man can magically change into a woman or vice versa.

Once we start denying science and attacking people that believe in it then anything is fair game IMO. We're setting a dangerous precedent by allowing this to happen.

gender, is that really a science? plenty of people have changed their sex successfully:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

I don't know about that we already seem stupid enough to deny science when you can no longer say that a man is a man and a woman is a woman without getting attacked because you don't believe that a man can magically change into a woman or vice versa.

Once we start denying science and attacking people that believe in it then anything is fair game IMO. We're setting a dangerous precedent by allowing this to happen.
    What about scientific consensus relating to covid? Or 5G? Or climate change?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I was told the far right were well turned out these days, while its nice to see the skinhead and boots apparel of the Englander types not finding favour that's a very poor showing

I see the one chap in a fetching tweed jacket and cap but the rest are outfitted from JD sports and Pennys

Not as badly dressed the two far left weirdos in the homeless Matrix get up, but still, what would Mussolini, Franco and Hitler think? The Soviets were generally well heeled too if a little less sharply dressed than the fascists.

How can we take extremists seriously if they're not commited to extremism enough to dress the part?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    gender, is that really a science? plenty of people have changed their sex successfully:confused:

They really haven't.

I think it's that type of idea the person you responded to was talking about.

bennyl10 wrote: »

When you are protesting journalists who fact check things you should not be accepted in any sense, and you are 200% far right.

Yikes. That's a very strange statement to make.

• Advertisement

They really haven't.

I think it's that type of idea the person you responded to was talking about.

so you ve spoken to all of them?

ive come across some that have successfully changed sex, are you struggling with your own gender?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

ah cant see it growing that much, we re not that stupid, yet!

Not yet, but the latest social media documentary on Netflix is a real eye opener, and apparently stupidity is in the post.

What about scientific consensus relating to covid? Or 5G? Or climate change?

Indeed, not to mention the scientfic consensus on global warming. :o

begbysback wrote: »
    Not yet, but the latest social media documentary on Netflix is a real eye opener, and apparently stupidity is in the post.

maybe, but for the moment, i dont think we ve much to worry about, i cant see us going full retard compared to our nearest neighbors

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

The so called "far-right" will continue to grow when we let crazy ideologies that deny science take hold in Ireland along with PC nonsense and cancel culture. All of those things are just going to push more and more people into far right groups.

Nobody has crazier ideologies, nor deny science more, than the far-right...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Not sure what is going on but She seems very erratic and borderline hysteric in that video

Huge aggressive crowd chanting “paedo scum” at people who disagree with their nut job agenda, woman is brutally assaulted by same nut jobs, woman calmly talks to the Gardai in this super pressured environment and THAT’S WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY?

But I’m not surprised. And let’s not forget, you undoubtedly have “connections” who were there, on both sides and the Gardai. You always have “contacts”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

You can't change your chromosomes so they are still a man or a woman no matter what surgery they have or what they do to their bodies. The fact of the matter is that they are still the sex that they were at birth whether they choose to believe it or not but, apparently saying that is wrong even though it's backed by science and I'm just saying what science says about it. You can't change your chromosomes so you can't change your gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Yikes. That's a very strange statement to make.

If you are complaining about fact checking

So they want journalists to not fact check things, and report utter unchecked BS?

Becuase that’s what the protest at the journal office was about yesterday, anti their fact check pieces

And yes, if you are saying “journalists shouldn’t be allowed to fact check because it shows how insane and utterly wrong we are” then that is an incredibly dangerous position to allow to fester and it should be stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Bambi wrote: »
    Indeed, not to mention the scientfic consensus on global warming. :o
    What do you mean?

You can't change your chromosomes so they are still a man or a woman no matter what surgery they have or what they do to their bodies. The fact of the matter is that they are still the sex that they were at birth whether they choose to believe it or not but, apparently saying that is wrong even though it's backed by science and I'm just saying what science says about it. You can't change your chromosomes so you can't change your gender.

fair enough, but if you re not having gender issues yourself, i cant see where the problem is, its their lives, their bodies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

There isn't any real far-right in Ireland, for now.
    What will create on is labeling everyone who holds more traditional values as far-right.
    Being pro-life is not far-right.
    Being concerned that the minister for children is associated with someone who has troubling associations with paedophilia, and defended him when called on it, is not far-right.
    Being skeptical of the mainstream media, which even a little digging will show has a dangerous left-wing bias, rather than the neutral position it should have, is not far-right.

What will create an actual far-right is accusing people who aren't as far to the left as you are of being far-right, as will peddling obvious lies as unquestionable truths. I'm pro-masks, but I can completely understand why people are skeptical - the same media and politicians, who they know lie to them about other things, are the ones pushing the masks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

This seems to be one particular issue you have a problem with.

I don't think it's representative of the generally accepted views of science deniers (that's more anti vax/flat earth etc) or even those on either side of the political divide.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Anyone know who this “Izzy kamikaze” guy is? Claiming he was attacked at the protest

RealJohn wrote: »
    There isn't any real far-right in Ireland, for now.
    What will create on is labeling everyone who holds more traditional values as far-right.
    Being pro-life is not far-right.
    Being concerned that the minister for children is associated with someone who has troubling associations with paedophilia, and defended him when called on it, is not far-right.
    Being skeptical of the mainstream media, which even a little digging will show has a dangerous left-wing bias, rather than the neutral position it should have, is not far-right.

What will create an actual far-right is accusing people who aren't as far to the left as you are of being far-right, as will peddling obvious lies as unquestionable truths. I'm pro-masks, but I can completely understand why people are skeptical - the same media and politicians, who they know lie to them about other things, are the ones pushing the masks.

id know a couple of people that would have far right beliefs, trump etc, rather unusual folks to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Anyone know who this “Izzy kamikaze” guy is? Claiming he was attacked at the protest

She

She had her head split open by the nut jobs at the dail

She’s been openly pro choice and pro LGBt rights which that group tend not to like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

fair enough, but if you re not having gender issues yourself, i cant see where the problem is, its their lives, their bodies

I don't have an issue with what their doing at all what I have an issue with is people abusing people that are simply stating scientific facts and calling them transphobes etc. Just look at what happened to JK Rowling you can only speak up if you agree with the majority. God forbid you go against the accepted narrative you'll be torn to pieces by the mob that believe that they're right and you're wrong even though you have science on your side.

I don't have an issue with what their doing at all what I have an issue with is people abusing people that are simply stating scientific facts and calling them transphobes etc. Just look at what happened to JK Rowling you can only speak up if you agree with the majority. God forbid you go against the accepted narrative you'll be torn to pieces by the mob that believe that their right and your wrong even though you have science on your side.

ah shur ive been going against the norm my whole life, tis all good, heard about rowling alright, people can be very ignorant on the internets

What do you mean?

Well global warming is a scientific fact, all the relevant scientists agreed on it, yet you have people who, amazingly, dont believe in it.

If you are complaining about fact checking

So they want journalists to not fact check things, and report utter unchecked BS?

Becuase that’s what the protest at the journal office was about yesterday, anti their fact check pieces

And yes, if you are saying “journalists shouldn’t be allowed to fact check because it shows how insane and utterly wrong we are” then that is an incredibly dangerous position to allow to fester and it should be stopped.

Well luckily that is not what I am saying. In any way.

Fact checking is an integral part of journalism.

Fact checking also has not always been unbiased and can be utterly false.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

id know a couple of people that would have far right beliefs, trump etc, rather unusual folks to be honest
    Supporting Trump also isn't far-right, in and of itself.
    Also, there's a difference between having some views that some people consider far-right, and being all out far-right.

People are complicated and can have vastly different positions on different subjects. It's idiotic to label someone far-right if they tick a handful of boxes, without checking what other boxes they tick.

It's also idiotic to be of the persuasion (which seems to be increasing on both sides) that you must allign with all views on the left, or all views on the right, or you need to be ostracised. There were several Green Party politicians, for example, who had people demanding they be kicked out of the Green Party for being pro-life in the recent past, and had people who claimed to be Green Party supporters campaigning against them in the last election.

She

She had her head split open by the nut jobs at the dail

She’s been openly pro choice and pro LGBt rights which that group tend not to like.

Where does she stand on the Mask issue? It seems quite the contentious topic if people are fighting in the streets about it :confused:

"I'm for de masks"
    "I'm agin de masks"
    "you're ownee a bollix so"
    "yeah?"
    "yeah"

*bop*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I feel really sorry for them. Failures, the lot of them. Imagine being that bored and lonely to the point where thats how you spend your weekends.

Look at this guy for example. An angry failure of a human.

Capture.png

The Nal wrote: »
    I feel really sorry for them. Failures, the lot of them. Imagine being that bored and lonely to the point where thats how you spend your weekends.

thats interesting, ridiculing other humans, while sitting on the internets!

so you ve spoken to all of them?

ive come across some that have successfully changed sex, are you struggling with your own gender?

No.

Why would I need to speak to someone to know they haven't managed to do something impossible?

That's like me needing to speak to the whole population to assert that no human can fly unaided.

I think you are mixing up sex and gender. But it is a nice reminder that although we've been told that sex is biology and gender is a made up concept, people still want to conflate the two.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »

Capture.png

Apparently, he used to be a journo for Hot Press, which means that wandering around the streets roaring at people is a step up in the world for him. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement