Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Pines Rathfarnham

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

ace_irl wrote: »
    Do you mean the field area where the big rock is? Or Knocklyon Park the housing estate down near Ballyboden GAA?

If it's the field, I don't think it would be feasible. The only place I can think of that would connect to is the field in Orlagh in between Orlagh Lawn and Orlagh Crescent and no one would be happy with it there. They'd have to knock down all the trees and most likely pave over a good bit of the field to make a path. It would ruin the place.
    Knocklyon Park, the field area between Woodstown and the M50.

But linked to Orlagh Grove alright, as attached. Much like the footbridge at Castlefield.

This would provide much faster pedestrian and bicycle access across the M50 for the residents of Woodstown and Stocking Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

seamus wrote: »
    Knocklyon Park, the field area between Woodstown and the M50.

But linked to Orlagh Grove alright, as attached. Much like the footbridge at Castlefield.

This would provide much faster pedestrian and bicycle access across the M50 for the residents of Woodstown and Stocking Avenue.

We call it the field with the big rock :D

I do get your point, but it wouldn't work in Orlagh, it would destroy the field area which is used by the residents and cause chaos in the estate. There is no cycling infrastructure in the estate and nowhere to place it as most of the roads are on street parking so a bicycle lane would be blocked up.

With the amount of very young children that play in the estate, I doubt the residents association would allow it to go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm pretty sure this estate and Ballycullen Green will be the last ones developed for a while as per the Ballycullen/Oldcourt development plan. Still no sign of either of the planned schools or shopping center being started though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Googled

Does anyone have any further info about the pricing and phase releases for these?

We were told in December €415,000 was only for the north facing 3 bedroom mid terraces and have been advised that the west facing 3 bedroom mid terraces will be from €430,000. Seems quite pricey. I wouldn’t be surprised if the 4 beds will go about €500k.

From reading the development plan from the SD county council website, 174 houses in total and a large two storey crèche.

No word on if the community centre and shops are still going ahead opposite the road on Stocking Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Got the email about these earlier.in the week that they are launching on Saturday. Was driving by there and the queue has already started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Lmcd545

No queue there 5 mins ago. The cars parked up during the day are the builders cars on the side of the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭kerplun k

....... wrote: »

Yeah, I was told the same thing happened on the Abbotts Grove and Scholarstown Woods Developments. There is a halting site on Stocking Avenue, and the travellers are supposedly stealing equipment from the sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Vudgie

kerplun k wrote: »
    Yeah, I was told the same thing happened on the Abbotts Grove and Scholarstown Woods Developments. There is a halting site on Stocking Avenue, and the travellers are supposedly stealing equipment from the sites.

There were boilers ripped out of finished houses in Scholarstown Wood as well before people moved into them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭kerplun k

....... wrote: »

I don’t think so. I bought in Scholarstown Wood, I haven’t seen any trouble since I moved in about a year ago, likewise, A Work colleague of my partner bought in Abbotts grove and said it was very quiet, I have a bunch of friends living in Woodstown and It lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Anyone slightly concerned about the proximity to the M50 and pollutants/noise? From the sitemap, it looks as though some of the homes might be less than 30m from the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Kamili

Interesting article in Lovin Dublin with no mention of anything untoward.

https://lovindublin.com/sponsored/new-homes-in-rathfarnham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Kamili wrote: »

Content paid for by the developer or selling agents is hardly going to be negative?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Kamili wrote: »

Well its an ad, so that's not surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Kamili

Obviously! That's what makes it interesting, so no need to snap lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Anyone take a spin up there this weekend?

Overheard an estate agent say they have sold 40 in the first day.

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Anyone take a spin up there this weekend?

Overheard an estate agent say they have sold 40 in the first day.

Not surprised, demand for new houses will easily outweigh any perceived issues with location, traffic, prices etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dubgal18

Hi there, does anyone have any further info in regards to this development and local surroundings, future planning in the lands adjacent etc? Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

• 62429268 wrote: »
    if you used the recent development in Ballycullen Green, where a 3 bed was €400k, you can expect these to be in the region of €420k. However I find the use of the address 'Rathfarnham' a bit of a stretch. Tallaght is closer! So don't be fooled by the address!

This happens a lot especially with the Rathfarnham address (when it's nowhere near Rathfarnham village and actually closer to Tallaght than Rathfarnham), also happening with "Leopardstown"

I'm sure there's other examples

This happens a lot especially with the Rathfarnham address (when it's nowhere near Rathfarnham village and actually closer to Tallaght than Rathfarnham), also happening with "Leopardstown"

I'm sure there's other examples

Its a very large old area, sure look where Rathfarnham golf club extends to.

You are correct in saying the village is far from that end of Rathfarnham.

Dubgal18 wrote: »
    Hi there, does anyone have any further info in regards to this development and local surroundings, future planning in the lands adjacent etc? Thanks in advance

Have a search for Ballycullen Oldcourt Plan. It's a good few years old now but it is all the housing plans that have were zoned for the area, most of which are built now. There is also commercial property and primary and secondary schools in the plan but none of them have been built, only the housing. The commercial property is actually zoned for across the road from white pines but I doubt any developer will ever bother. There was talk of the schools being built recently up around abbot's grove but still in very preliminary stages I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

The commercial property is actually zoned for across the road from white pines but I doubt any developer will ever bother.

I think they've started the works across there in the last few weeks, it's still in the plans as per the SDCC planning approved in Dec 2017. Drove past yesterday and they've started to clear the topsoil now.

Developer is Ardstone, same as WhitePines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

GingerLily wrote: »
    Its a very large old area, sure look where Rathfarnham golf club extends to.

You are correct in saying the village is far from that end of Rathfarnham.

Its called Rathfarnham Golf Club but that is a relatively new course probably late 60s early 70s. The original Rathfarnham Golf Club was located between the shopping centre and the village along by the Dodder

Grassey wrote: »
    I think they've started the works across there in the last few weeks, it's still in the plans as per the SDCC planning approved in Dec 2017. Drove past yesterday and they've started to clear the topsoil now.

Developer is Ardstone, same as WhitePines.

https://www.sdcc.ie/en/services/planning/local-area-plans/existing/ballycullen-oldcourt/ballycullen-oldcourt-lap-final.pdf

Actually according to this it's meant to be a community center and not commercial property. Maybe there is an updated version of the LAP? Anyway I'm guessing they'll only build the housing across the road

That LAP seems more a guideline. A number of changes further down the road around Dodderbrook not lining up with it for example.

Anyways - the yellow section is a creche and retail units (which is subject to a separate planning) so looks like only the houses going in now as you'd guessed.

Application SD17A/0443 & SD17A/0359 I think are the 2 relevant ones from a very cursory glance.

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/Planning/ViewDocument?fileId=5994067

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dubgal18

Thanks all for your responses, very helpful! I’m interested in white pines but worried about the unknowns in terms of future building, traffic etc as well as the lack of visitor parking in the estate itself!

Grassey wrote: »
    That LAP seems more a guideline. A number of changes further down the road around Dodderbrook not lining up with it for example.

Anyways - the yellow section is a creche and retail units (which is subject to a separate planning) so looks like only the houses going in now as you'd guessed.

Application SD17A/0443 & SD17A/0359 I think are the 2 relevant ones from a very cursory glance.

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/Planning/ViewDocument?fileId=5994067

Where on the website would I find similar documents for nearby areas?

• Advertisement

GingerLily wrote: »
    Where on the website would I find similar documents for nearby areas?

Searchable Map

Main search-and-view/

Advertisement