Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The share your creativity thread

• 30-01-2011 12:25am
    Moderators Posts: 51,707 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Hope this is alright with the mods.

Basically because this is a forum for people who burn the midnight oil, I figured that it's quite likely that some of you get creative at the late/early hours of the day.

So why don't you share with the forum?

It could be a story/ photos/ sketches or something else that you've created.

I'll rustle up some stuff to kick it off and hopefully the rest of you will join in:)

minty01.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,707 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

A re-working I did of the Rapunzel story

Prince Dashing and Rapunzel

Once upon a time, there was a king and queen who had just had their first child. The king and queen put on a large feast to celebrate the occasion. Lords and ladies came from far and wide to pay tribute to the newborn prince.

As the feast progressed a wandering fortune teller approached the castle. “I’ve come to pay tribute to the young prince”, she said to the sentry of the gates. The sentry, not sure what to do, sent a servant to inform the king.

The king who was in a very happy mood allowed the fortune teller to enter and join the celebrations.

Towards the end of the meal, the fortune teller stood and thanked the king for his hospitality. “And in thanks for the food and as a gift to the young prince, I say tell his fortune. Perhaps a telling about his future true love?”

This idea pleased both the king and queen and they asked the fortune teller to proceed.

“I see a tower in a far away land. The prince will have to face many perils to reach the tower, but once he reaches the tower, he will find his true love. His true love will have long blonde hair, longer than any other woman. This is how he will know his true love.”

The fortune teller once again thanked the king and queen, she then set out on her journey once again.

That night, the king and queen talked about the prophecy regarding their son. They both were pleased that their son would find his true love. The king had taken heed of the warning that the prince would have face many perils and decided he should have the finest training from the finest soldiers in the land.

So the young prince grew up receiving the finest training in archery, sword fighting and hand-to-hand combat.

One day his father took him aside. “My son, the time has arrived for you to go out into the world to find your true love.”

The prince was given the finest horse and weapons, as well as some food and money. He then set out on his quest to find his true love.

A few days into the journey the prince stopped a traveller being attacked by bandits. The prince leapt into action. He managed to fend off the bandits, who realising the were facing a trained warrior, fled into the countryside.

The traveller thanked the prince for his help and asked if he could do anything in return.

“Yes”, the prince replied, “I seek a tower that holds my true love prisoner. She has long hair, longer than any other woman.”

“I know of such a tower, my lord.” said the traveller. “It lies three days journey to the east”.

The prince had to travel through the valley of the Hyper-active Weasels. Then cross the Fjord of Forgetfullness. Once he crossed the fjord, he had to travel through the Forest of Unspeakable Evils. The Evils being so unspeakable, that we’ll rejoin the prince on the other side of the forest.

The prince was now at the edge of a large plain. He could see the tower in the distance, so he sent out towards the tower, and his true love.

He arrived at the tower only to noticed that the only entrance was a window near the top of the tower. He tried throwing a rope and grappling hook in an attempt to gain entrance to the tower, but alas the window was too high.

A voice called out from the tower, “who is out there? And why do you attempt to enter my tower?”

The prince responded, “It is I, Prince Dashing, your true love. I have come to release you from the tower so we may be together. Sadly I cannot find a way to enter the tower.”

“I can lower my hair and you could climb up it to get into the tower.”

“Then throw down your hair so that we may finally be together.”shouted the prince.

Suddenly long flowing locks of blonde hair fell from the tower window. The prince grabbed onto the hair and slowly made the ascent towards the window.

The prince entered the window and saw that the hair continued to a bed in the center of the tower. The bed had its curtains closed and voice called out, “Come closer my prince so that we will finally be together.”

The prince walked over to the bed and threw back the curtains. Behind the curtains was the princess, who had been dead for quite some time. And sitting upon bed was a head lice the size of a small child.

“So glad you made it my prince”, said the head lice in a mocking voice. “My children have been so hungry for so long”.

Only then did the prince notice the sound of scuttling insects above him. He looked up to see 20 of the head lices children.

Before the prince could try to escape, the insects descended upon him and devoured him.

I guess the fortune teller didn’t allow for bad hygiene.

And a "kids" story I made up.
    The Wolf and the Pig.

Once upon a time, there was a pig who lived just outside a little village. He owned a small farm that he owned and farmed by himself.

His land provided just enough food for him to last through the winter.

One day he noticed some of his crop wasn’t doing so well. The pig was worried that the crops wouldn’t be enough to last the winter. ‘I best check another field tomorrow’, he thought to himself.

The next day the pig woke early and travelled to his other field. When he got there, the crops were also not doing so well. The pig decided to try and salvage what he could and hopefully that would see him through the winter.

The pig set about getting to work the next day, and for every day until winter arrived, he worked from sunrise until sunset.

The winter eventually arrived. The pig had his crops harvested but soon realised that they wouldn’t see him through the winter.

About halfway through the winter the pig was out cutting lumber for a fire when he noticed someone coming up the hill towards the pig. He soon realised it was a wolf that was approaching. He fled to his cottage, and locked and bolted the doors and windows.

The pig watched the wolf approach the cabin and leave a large sack outside the door. The wolf then just walked back down the hill. The pig waited until he was sure the wolf was gone before he unlocked the door. He looked into the sack and discovered it was full of food.

The pig carried the sack inside and cooked himself a large feast as he hadn’t been able to have a large meal in many days. Once he was finished he noticed that the sack still had lots of food left in it. The pig put the food away so as to have food left to hopefully see him through the winter.

A week later, the wolf appeared as before and the pig locked himself inside the house. Once again, the pig waited for the wolf to leave before unlocking the door. This time the wolf had left two sacks. The pig couldn’t believe his luck. He prepared an even larger feast that night as he had the previous week.

The wolf continued this giving of food for another two weeks, each time increasing the sacks by one.

On the fifth week, the pig was once again outside when the wolf began to approach the farm. The pig decided not to run into the cabin this time. The pig greeted the wolf as he approached.

‘Hello Mr.Pig’ said the wolf. ‘Good evening Mr.Wolf’ replied the pig, ‘would you care to join me for some supper? It’s only fair as you provided the food.’

‘I would like that very much Mr.Pig’.

The wolf and the pig went into the cabin. The pig began to prepare a feast for the two of them.

As the food was cooking the pig turned to the wolf and asked why he had given so much food to the pig.

‘The food would have been wasted otherwise. I had heard that a pig lived alone and hadn’t harvested enough crops to last the winter. I figured I’d give the food to you as I’ve a different taste in food.’

‘But what food will you eat then?’ the pig replied.

‘I have food which has been growing for many weeks and is now ready for harvesting.’

‘In winter? but nothing grows in winter? what is this magical food that you speak of?’mused the pig.

‘Bacon!!!’ roared the wolf as he leapt upon the pig and sank his teeth deep within the pigs throat. He ripped the throat out and let the blood flow down his neck. The wolf felt the warm blood fill his belly. He resumed biting and tearing at the body of the pig, ripping out flesh and crunching down on bones. The wolf feasted for hours that night on the body of the pig. EVentually the sounds of of bones snaping between his powerful jaws and the marrow been sucked out of the bones subsided. The wolf slowly made his way to the pigs bed and fell into a deep sleep.

You see, the wolf had given the pig the food so as to fatten him up so that the wolf might have a large feast before he slept for the rest of the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Oh god, this is the worst thread in the world... in that I can see it sprawling madly out of control, because I will actually just constantly keep updating with random doodles! Before I had to have some sort of context, but here I can just doodle to infinity! INFINITY!

Here's one of Pter...

168445_182677415100607_176499235718425_468091_2782842_n.jpg

Jokettle (bare in mind I have no idea what this user actually looks like)

167262_492924043239_741718239_6234856_6248460_n.jpg

• Advertisement

but that's exactly the sort of stuff the thread is for!!

:D:D

koth wrote: »
    but that's exactly the sort of stuff the thread is for!!

:D:D

I know Koth... but it'll never end sir, NEVER END! :eek:

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I know Koth... but it'll never end sir, NEVER END! :eek:

Still not seeing how this is a bad thing:P

EDIT: could a mod kindly put the missing 'r' in 'your' in the thread title for me, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Nice idea

Some rubbish I worked, trying to create a Final Fantasy character

Img2resized.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

koth wrote: »
    EDIT: could a mod kindly put the missing 'r' in 'your' in the thread title for me, please?
    you can do it yourself, just click the edit button twice, and you'll be brought to an "post reply" type screen, and you can edit the title there.

well that's all the creativity i'm willing to share. someone's gonna have to pay if they want to see more:p

• Advertisement

whiteman19 wrote: »
    you can do it yourself, just click the edit button twice, and you'll be brought to an "post reply" type screen, and you can edit the title there.

well that's all the creativity i'm willing to share. someone's gonna have to pay if they want to see more:p

Thanks, whitey, that was driving me mental:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

This is a sketch of a character from this book which I found good for learning to draw.
    15aug2010resized.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Oooooh Fewie do one of mee! Pretttttty please?

Oooooh Fewie do one of mee! Pretttttty please?

166333_495133963239_741718239_6262968_7903476_n.jpg

165326_495146898239_741718239_6263259_6310956_n.jpg

166641_492971003239_741718239_6235426_4649876_n.jpg

167898_491974753239_741718239_6220438_3779757_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Had a go at Princess Mononoke.

163818_1554569389772_1401322775_31274384_2113185_n.jpg

That's cool! I can never draw girls properly :(

That's cool! I can never draw girls properly :(

I can't draw boys! Together we can DRAW THE WORLD! :D

• Advertisement

167885_495164173239_741718239_6263635_4438193_n.jpg

I can't draw boys! Together we can DRAW THE WORLD! :D

That would be lovely. I'm surprised you can't do boys, we've none of the sublime curves of you girls, we're pretty square and straight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Had a go at Princess Mononoke.

163818_1554569389772_1401322775_31274384_2113185_n.jpg

I might add that's probably one of my favourite films EVER! :D

That would be lovely. I'm surprised you can't do boys, we've none of the sublime curves of you girls, we're pretty square and straight :)

I think being a girl gives me the advantage on figuring out where the curves are ;) Boys always look boxy when I draw them.
    Links234 wrote: »
    I might add that's probably one of my favourite films EVER! :D

I was never really introduced to anime or anything but someone made me watch this, and although intitially horrified by the gorefest ("But it's a CARTOON??" :O) it's actually quite fantastic. Loving the strong female character too. ;)

I think being a girl gives me the advantage on figuring out where the curves are ;) Boys always look boxy when I draw them.

Yup, I'm sure actually being a girl gives you an advantage alright. It's a bit like the skill where girls can point out fake boobs a mile away.

Yup, I'm sure actually being a girl gives you an advantage alright. It's a bit like the skill where girls can point out fake boobs a mile away.

That doesn't take skill, you just have to stop thinking "OMG BEWBS" and start thinking "Hey, who turned off the gravity in here??"

Loving the strong female character too. ;)

most of that director's films have strong female characters too though, or just the main characters that are female :D

Nausicaa, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away,

Links234 wrote: »
    most of that director's films have strong female characters too though, or just the main characters that are female :D

Nausicaa, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away,

I'll go looking for more strong female characters to draw tomorrow :D

I'll go looking for more strong female characters to draw tomorrow :D

Lisbeth Salander :D

• Advertisement

167357_495172073239_741718239_6263763_7454158_n.jpg

Advertisement