Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs

• 20-01-2010 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

I love dogs. i love how no matter what age a dog is, when you come home from work it will still greet you like you've been away for five years.

dogs are outstanding.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Aren't they great? They always make me smile. And always willing to play with you no matter what. I love it when you are playing with them and you can hear their doggy laughs. You know the one, where they go hnnnnnghhhhaah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

WindSock wrote: »
    doggy laughs. You know the one, where they go hnnnnnghhhhaah :D

That really was a commendable effort to encapsulate the true spirit of doggy laugh :p

What I love most is how my guys can tell how I'm feeling and what my moods are like (and accordingly act cute and lovingly or go completely psycho:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Theres arent enough good words to describe how much i love dogs. I love their smell, their different breeds, little characteristics, their ability for unconditional love,their companionship...ah i could go on all day. Dogs rock!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I'm more of a cat person myself, but I can easily understand why people love dogs. You can get the kind of companionship from them that you wouldn't get from a cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Thomas828 wrote: »
    I'm more of a cat person myself, but I can easily understand why people love dogs. You can get the kind of companionship from them that you wouldn't get from a cat.

I don't know about that, my cat follows me around and even tries to sit on my lap when I go to the toilet :o (he doesn't like closed doors!

I think there are just some cats that are not people cats, but most of them are. Whereas all dogs are quite friendly. As soon as we're in a positon to do so we're getting a dog too.

I think pets in general are the best thing. They brighten up everything!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

doggies are the best things ever i've got 2 of them and they are my babies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Ah, if only more people had love for one another like the love a dog has for it's owner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Lola92 wrote: »
    That really was a commendable effort to encapsulate the true spirit of doggy laugh :p

:pac:

wharrgarbl.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

genericguy wrote: »
    I love dogs. i love how no matter what age a dog is, when you come home from work it will still greet you like you've been away for five years.

dogs are outstanding.

Got to agree with ya there. No matter how bad your day has been dogs can cheer you up! awwwwwNaughty dog.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭cherryred

i am a lover of random dogs. i always say hello(quietly if I think the owner won't appreciate it) and occasionaly give a "woof woof" when I walk by them, they're just the best.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

cherryred wrote: »
    i am a lover of random dogs.

Durrrrrrty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

cherryred wrote: »
    i am a lover of random dogs. i always say hello(quietly if I think the owner won't appreciate it) and occasionaly give a "woof woof" when I walk by them, they're just the best.

My bf and I are exactly like you, always saying hi to random dogs!I love when you're in the car and they look like they're watching you, I always wave!Dogs are brill though, my little chap gets his own stocking hung up in the wall with his treats in it at Christmas and as soon as he sees the decorations coming out of the attic he starts looking at the spot and making noise! We just took it down last night cause he loves it so much we couldn't take it down with the rest of the christmas stuff! I'm even getting him a valentines gift of squeaky duckies:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I always say hello to random dogs on the street whether I'm walking or driving :D

It's great seeing a lovely little dog trotting along without a care in the world when you're stuck in traffic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Dogs are great! Had them practically my entire life and honestly do not think I would be able to live my life without some form of canine by my side.
    Currently, I take care of a mad Jack Russell. She was randomly thrust into our lives about 7 years ago when my mother went outside the pub for a smoke and some random bloke offered to let her take a puppy off his hands.

His landlord wouldn't let him keep her. Always one to coo over anything small, fluffy and adorable, my mother took him up on the offer and thus, Millie entered our family.

She's mental-spoilt rotten, a total diva, gets away with murder and can clear a room with her silent-but-deathly farts. She growls at everything but when she's happy, she'll show her teeth in a freaky little smile that looks like she might murder me in my sleep. Despite that, I'd be in bits if anything ever happened to her.

Almost lost her to a nasty womb infection over Christmas but she's a scrappy little thing and coming on in leaps and bounds. :)

At the moment, I'm hoping to get another dog as around the time we got Millie,we already had a 7 year old Japanese Spitz and I always loved the dynamics that come with having two canines.

In a perfect world, I'd get another Spitz as they have to be without a shadow of a doubt one of the most loving, docile, gentle, happy-go-lucky and friendliest breeds I've ever encountered.

...I miss you, Chloe, you furry little stoner, you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

McChubbin wrote: »
    She's mental-spoilt rotten, a total diva, gets away with murder and can clear a room with her silent-but-deathly farts. She growls at everything but when she's happy, she'll show her teeth in a freaky little smile that looks like she might murder me in my sleep. Despite that, I'd be in bits if anything ever happened to her.

I've got a JRT called Milly too! :D And she sounds exactly the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭source

The Spitz is a beautiful dog, but what i want to get is an Irish Wolfhound, they're beautiful and have a great temperament. also the only word that really describes them well is majestic.

I used to have a labrador when i was a kid, what a great dog he was, always wanting to play and have a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

foinse wrote: »
    The Spitz is a beautiful dog, but what i want to get is an Irish Wolfhound, they're beautiful and have a great temperament. also the only word that really describes them well is majestic.
    Beautiful. And very patriotic too :D

I'd love to get a Dachshund one day- they're so bloody cute!!
    Although, my current dog will do me for now, hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,098 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Amazing little creatures, love seeing them around. Always look forward to going home at the weekend and seeing him, and its evident he enjoys seeing me too. If he's outside when I'm coming across the green area, I'll always call him bout half way over, crouch down, and he'll come sprinting at me. Seems like it takes ages to, but with the ears flying behind him, looks like a mini-rocket:pac:

Tis a westhighland terrier btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Possibly the best pets to own :)

You can't get better than a pet who's loyal, friendly, caring and willing to protect you.

I don't have a dog at the moment, but I really want a pug ... those things are so cute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 OnandUpwards

Dogs are mans best friend. They bring joy to any household.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My dog cat watching, puzzled,

2v3r5p0.jpg

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

ffpFNZc.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Valerie Matthews

I love labradors

• Registered Users Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

an american eskimo, my fave
    am47Lxg.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/am47Lxg.gifv

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

Dogs are awesome and I found them very loyal as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

cherryred wrote:

I do that all the time...Not always very quietly either. I met a grim faced auld one with a wee terrier one day.. the dog looked up at me in passing, so I said "heelloooooo"...as if to a chubby cheeked baby in a pram...to which the auld one without even glancing back my way, sharply grunted "hello".

• Registered Users Posts: 31,808 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I recommend weratedogs and thoughtsofdogs on Twitter :)

I love dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,706 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

gmisk wrote: »
    I recommend weratedogs and thoughtsofdogs on Twitter :)

I love dogs

The dodo is quite good too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I was out for a run yesterday and saw the most adorable little Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. He was in one of those little cart things as it seems his back legs didn't work. I felt bad for him until I saw his little face and how content he looked to be out plodding along. Not a bother to him. My poor heartstrings!

Advertisement