Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The children of the night, what sweet music they make

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭HAPPYGIRL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Listening to this atm:

Just listened to:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Big fan of late night radio myself. Donal Dineen and then Lyric Fm weeknights, late sessions on 2fm at the weekends.

Or
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEbb-qaprtE

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

the teenagers and MGMT are my late night/early morning chill out bands at the moment. nice combo of dreamy and bouncy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

the teenagers and MGMT are my late night/early morning chill out bands at the moment. nice combo of dreamy and bouncy.
    Ya I was listening to MGMT's time to pretend about 10mins ago, some song.

Now im moving towards rage against the machine and the police (completely different but equally brillaint)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Damien Dempsey, Rocky Road. Some album. Lots of great songs on that. Brave move to cover A Rainy Night In Soho, but he does it well. An album worth getting.

I've moved onto led zeppelin now

1huge1 wrote: »
    Ya I was listening to MGMT's time to pretend about 10mins ago, some song.

Now im moving towards rage against the machine and the police (completely different but equally brillaint)

play 'do do do do da da da da' for me! <3 that song!

and yeah, time to pretend is great, but it's that Youth song that really catches in my head. amazing.

play 'do do do do da da da da' for me! <3 that song!

and yeah, time to pretend is great, but it's that Youth song that really catches in my head. amazing.
    do do do do da da da da it is, I seen them in concert in Belfast last friday, they were amazing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Partial to Electric Feel and Kids myself.

1huge1 wrote: »
    do do do do da da da da it is, I seen them in concert in Belfast last friday, they were amazing

ill prob get abused for this, but i fell in love with that song after the first verse and chorus of it got slipped into stellar during incubus' 'alive at red rocks' dvd. just so frikkin beautiful. awesome lyrics too.

jor el wrote: »
    Partial to Electric Feel and Kids myself.

all excellent songs. don't think there's any i dislike on the album, saw they released electric feel there, and kids is brilliant too. yes, im a fully converted fan now :D

ill prob get abused for this, but i fell in love with that song after the first verse and chorus of it got slipped into stellar during incubus' 'alive at red rocks' dvd. just so frikkin beautiful. awesome lyrics too.

Nah its ok, two brilliant songs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Just watching Glastonbury Massive Attack are on, WOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

This on repeat...fricken love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

kerash wrote: »
    Just watching Glastonbury Massive Attack are on, WOW!

I was watching that aswell!! I'd have loved to go see them playing the marquee in Cork, but I don't know anyone else who likes 'em. :(
    Teardrop is one of my favourite songs of all time, but the video creeps me out so I'll post up Unfinished Sympathy instead :cool:

oh dude, for the love of music, don't NOT go just cos you dont have anyone to go with! what if the band never play again? what if you miss what could have been one of the most inspiring live shows of your life?

think about it, you will have at least one thing in common with every other person there, in that, you all love the band, so there's a guaranteed conversation starter!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

square_igloo..

As Crumble Froo said, don't go just because you've no one to go with!

And there's a new forum right here on Boards for this exact little conundrum - see here!

As to what I'm listening to now (besides the Boardscast from today), 'Oxford Comma' by Vampire Weekend:

Great song, great video and it's been directed by Richard Ayoade (Dean Learner from Garth Marenghi / Man To Man, Moss from The IT Crowd)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

LadyE wrote: »
    This on repeat...fricken love it

Great night time song :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

THEN

THEN

Give them a listen, they keep you alert and in fight club mode

• Advertisement

oh dude, for the love of music, don't NOT go just cos you dont have anyone to go with! what if the band never play again? what if you miss what could have been one of the most inspiring live shows of your life?

think about it, you will have at least one thing in common with every other person there, in that, you all love the band, so there's a guaranteed conversation starter!

Good news! Managed to talk a friend into coming with me!! :D:D
    Amazingly, he hadn't heard of them before, didn't have a clue who I was on about until I mentioned Teardrop :rolleyes: Hopefully this will convert him! :)
    basquille wrote:
    square_igloo..

As Crumble Froo said, don't go just because you've no one to go with!

And there's a new forum right here on Boards for this exact little conundrum - see here!
    That forum's a great idea, but I don't think I could go with someone I didn't really know. I find making friends quite difficult and I usually make horrible first impressions on people! :o
    It takes me a while to get used to people (and for them to get used to me!)

But anyway, here's more Massive Attack! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im bopping to this all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Inglorious

I'm amazed that no one has mentioned Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

yis bleedin goths, have some current93

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

She's a bit bonkers but I can't help loving her!

• Advertisement

Advertisement