Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marriage cert father deceased question

Options
  • 20-06-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

I read through some posts on here about fathers on marriage certs and that they may not always say deceased. I just wondered when, if a fathers name appears on a marriage cert, and it has his occupation could he could be deceased? Or would it the occupation be left blank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

unfortunately this it doesn't seem to be consistent... on Irish and English certs anyway. I've seen marriage certs with all combinations...
    father's name and occupation recorded where he was deceased
    father's name and no occupation recorded where he was not deceased
    father's name, but no occupation where he was deceased
    and father's name and occupation listed, plus a note re 'deceased'
    etc.....

I think it all depends on how the question was asked by the priest/registrar on they day, and how it was interpreted - I dont think there were specific guidelines on how this column was to be recorded, but if there were they dont seem to have been strictly followed.

Shane

Advertisement