Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,703 ✭✭✭✭unkel

[Wipes away tear]

You might yet own one again! We have been a one family car household since the last recession hit hard in 2008, but we will probably need a second car in a year or so. If I can afford one, the Ioniq would be top of the list

• Registered Users Posts: 21,318 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes, same, if we are going back to a 2 car house the Ioniq would be top of my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭zg3409

2020 Ioniq 38kwh for sale by owner in a rush
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/1602716789969603?view=permalink&id=2697886937119244&anchor_composer=false
    You may need to join Facebook group to view. They are selling a phev too, so circumstances must have suddenly changed.

The owner used to be a regular poster here. Nice guy, I met him in early 2017 when we both just got our classic Ioniq 28kWh. Hopefully the reason for his selling is that he is moving back to the country where he is from (and not some adverse circumstances). The car is on finance though, so beware. It's a pity he doesn't mention the price. But I doubt it's a bargain. Smart move to offer it for sale on facebook - that place is full of people who pay way over the odds for stuff :p

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Efitz2019

Anyone used Hyundai Waterford for servicing the car? How did you find them on price? Due one in a few weeks.191 model with 41,000km on it now. This will be its third service. Can’t leave Waterford with the restrictions so can’t shop around for the best price unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Fricatus in here owns an Ioniq and lives in Waterford I think. Send him a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Efitz2019 wrote: »
    Anyone used Hyundai Waterford for servicing the car? How did you find them on price?

There really is very, very little to do in these services. The cabin filter is changed in the 3rd, so it's more expensive.
    Our 3rd service on the Ioniq was €85 IIRC, Hyundai limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Efitz2019 wrote: »
    Anyone used Hyundai Waterford for servicing the car? How did you find them on price? Due one in a few weeks.191 model with 41,000km on it now. This will be its third service. Can’t leave Waterford with the restrictions so can’t shop around for the best price unfortunately.

You can just ring them and ask what they charge.

Cabin filter and brake fluid are every second service iirc. Third service is just an inspection, like the first service. I would agree a price up front, but I would certainly have a robust conversation with the dealer if they quoted you a 3 figure sum for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭jeremy_g

unkel wrote: »
    Cabin filter and brake fluid are every second service iirc. Third service is just an inspection, like the first service. I would agree a price up front, but I would certainly have a robust conversation with the dealer if they quoted you a 3 figure sum for it.

yes, I can confirm that in alternation every other year you'll have either health check or service when they are supposed to change the brake fluid and cabin filter. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭eagerv

And they love to tell you that they are doing the software updates, so you think you are getting some value for the possible 3 figure fee.:)

We had trouble getting the updates done (Even though they agreed on a full service before we collected our second hand car). They tried to say it would be done at the next service...

yeah, remember couple of months ago, though I am certain I was on the latest software (checked before and after) they insisted on mentioning they did software and maps upgrade. :)

Thanks for the replies just wanted to get an idea of what others paid so I know what to expect. I’ll make sure to agree a price before hand. Will definitely need the maps to be updated. Fairly sure I’m on older software.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Recently got ioniq done first service, just shy of 160 euros... robbed me

Our first three services were €50, €80 & €50.

Maybe they had to replace a tyre or wipers or something?

My first service was €0.00
    My second service was €0.00
    And I sold the car just when the third service was due :p

(and no, I did not buy a service plan when I bought the car - just asked the sales manager nicely if he would do it for free each time the service was due)

I did spend about €50 on the official boot liner though!

Recently got ioniq done first service, just shy of 160 euros... robbed me and will not be going back. Will definitely ring around next time. D3 area. Anyone know what latest updates should be?

160 is common in Dublin with brake fluid change. You can buy pollen filter yourself delivered from.Poland and install it with no tools for 11 euro. Some dealers will try do things like brake fluid too often.

Make sure you photograph your software version screen before and after, as mentioned here dealers will make excuses to not do updates. Also email hyundai Ireland with reg or vin and confirm if all recalls completed. There is basically nothing to do in their check, so change the cabin filter yourself, see when brake fluid was last replaced and shop around. I got mine for 100 when I replaced filter myself in 60 seconds. I waited while software update (free) and service was done, which was zero parts. They did supply free air for the tyres. I asked them not to wash car.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

Service was ball park 90 labour, 39 filter plus tax. No other details

Edit. 107 "service" and 30 for pollen filter

Going a bit off topic but
    The Ioniq 5 will be first South Korean electric vehicle to support 350kW ultra-fast charging

They must have read the 38kWh reviews here..

Its more of a Niro size vehicle I think.

https://thekoreancarblog.com/2020/10/19/hyundai-ioniq-5-caught-with-production-lights/amp/

From April 2021 in Korea.

Hi, did any of you used, or using this: https://shop.openenergymonitor.com/open-vehicle-monitoring-system-ovms-wifi-3g-europe-sim-included/ in their Ioniq?

just curious if it's worth investing the money and time into this.

Seems like someone tried in eNiro...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Has anyone gotten android auto wireless working with their ioniq yet. Got a phone with android 11 (OP8T) but can't get wireless AA to work. I believe the ioniq is compatible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Uriel. wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten android auto wireless working with their ioniq yet. Got a phone with android 11 (OP8T) but can't get wireless AA to work. I believe the ioniq is compatible.

Ioniq 28 certainly isn't, and didn't think the new one was either.

jeremy_g wrote: »
    Hi, did any of you used, or using this: https://shop.openenergymonitor.com/open-vehicle-monitoring-system-ovms-wifi-3g-europe-sim-included/ in their Ioniq?

just curious if it's worth investing the money and time into this.

Seems like someone tried in eNiro...

Its not listed as an option here:
    https://www.openvehicles.com/forum

Its very unlikely you will ever get remote preheating working, while it is in theory possible, in practice no-one has found a way and with the car off and asleep it might not have the ability to wake up from a message sent via the ODB port.

If you were handy at programming it should be possible to get the charge levels displayed, and indeed the kona settings might work out of the box.

There is other options for displaying charge levels such as canioniq or torque. Search for ioniq and odb2. There is some YouTube videos too. In order to get them far from the car you need something with a sim card such as an old phone, or a dedicated box. In reality I know my charge level, remote heating is only nice to have, but it not really necessary with heated seat and heat pump. I use timer for morning preheat and put up with first 2 minutes of cold after work.

What I would like is car parked at house and not connected or not charging warning. I have forgotten to plug in 4 times in the space of 2 years. My work around is a timer on my phone at 9pm daily to remind me. Not exactly high tech, but not 250 dollars with a data subscription either.

Another nice feature would be a charging stopped warning at public chargers either due to charger fault or someone hitting the emergency top button. I would like the message notification to ring with a "fight, fight" message and some Rocky music.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

Hello All,

considering selling my Ioniq, I have not used it properly for 6+ months as I am working from home.

It is 2017 and has about 97k km on the clock, what do you think could I get for it? Based in Mayo if anybody wants to come and have a look.

You're in a terrible location for selling your car during the lockdown. I wouldn't even bother putting it up until people can freely travel the country again. Best of luck with the sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

unkel wrote: »
    You're in a terrible location for selling your car during the lockdown. I wouldn't even bother putting it up until people can freely travel the country again. Best of luck with the sale!

I am aware of that, and I have not listed it yet. Might just wait until the end of lockdown.. I am not under pressure to sell, but it is not a good economic sense to have something for around 18k that is losing value every day and not using it.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What sort of price do you think you'd be looking for?
    Colour ?
    Spec?

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Fermi wrote: »
    Hello All,

considering selling my Ioniq, I have not used it properly for 6+ months as I am working from home.

It is 2017 and has about 97k km on the clock, what do you think could I get for it? Based in Mayo if anybody wants to come and have a look.

How quickly do you want to sell it? That mileage you'd probably be advertising around 18k, but it'll hang around for a bit I imagine and most likely into the new year if i'm honest (not a great time to see outside of pandemic/lockdown season). If you want it gone asap 17k should attract buyers enough to snap it up i'd imagine. Either way, lockdown/Christmas isn't going to help you sell.
    NIMAN wrote: »
    What sort of price do you think you'd be looking for?
    Colour ?
    Spec?

Looks like we have a potential buyer.

Can someone with the latest software version for sat nav put up a picture please. Car is going in for its service tomorrow. Thanks

531122.jpg

• Advertisement

jeremy_g wrote: »
    531122.jpg

Brilliant thank you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement