Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import UCD Connect email to personal Gmail?

• 19-09-2020 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭

I want to import my active UCD Connect email, including all past email, to my personal email account, leaving the existing emails in place on the former. I have been trying suggestions from old threads here.

On my UCD email Settings >> Forwarding and POP/IMAP >> POP Download >> I have set POP3 for all email, and with it set to keep UCD email's copy in the inbox.

On my personal email in Settings >> Accounts and Import >> Add another email address >> Check email from other accounts >> Add an email account >> I have input firstname.lastname@ucdconnect.ie and selected Import emails from my other account.

I have tried the servers pop.gmail.com and studentmail.ucd.ie, with 995 and 110. I think I have also tried every combination of this with my username set to firstname.lastname@ucdconnect.ie, STUDENTNUMBER, and STUDENTNUMBER@ucdconnect.ie, all with SSL enabled.

For the moment I set up forwarding, and I tried forwarding the last page of emails which I thought would go in batch - but this was a mistake!

Is there a setting that will make POP3 work? Perhaps IMAP will handle this better, and if are there any specific settings to configure?

Advertisement