Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

PFMC84 wrote: »
    Anyone watched Canada's Drag Race yet? It's actually really fun and a breath of fresh air as Ru isn't involved (that much). Also, speculation is fuelling that Ru may b e done with Drag Race and it may continue without him, and with Ru deleting all social media profiles yesterday, if the show was to continue without him I don't think that would be a bad thing to be honest. Some queens have even taken to social media to slag him off, including S11 winner Yvie Oddly. Interesting times.

Where can we watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Canada's Drag Race is on BBC iPlayer if you can get access to that. And it's available by the usual alternative means as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

Tig98 wrote: »
    I think she was telling the truth, especially after the whole "4 H's" thing.

They'll definitely leave it out until the reunion episode and then show the footage (or lack thereof).

Yeah...its hard to know really. I mean it was 100% strategic, that's obvious. But was she asked? Who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Canada's Drag Race is on BBC iPlayer if you can get access to that. And it's available by the usual alternative means as well...

First episode is on Youtube as well.

Also, BBC ONE is showing Canada's Drag Race on Monday nights around 11pm if you can't get access to iPlayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I just love Jujubee. That’s it.

If I had to give her a score, I'd give her a sensible 74.

I think it's kind of obvious now it'll be a Shea or Jujubee win, but I have a soft spot for Juju and hope she takes the crown. I wouldn't even be mad at another double crowning, as long as they acknowledged it and did it properly, not some last minute fakery they did with AS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

Ahhhhhh c'mon.... Cracker for the win....

I enjoy Cracker too, but I don't see her as All Star material yet - she needs a little more time in my opinion.

Oh, and I'm feckin' raging about Alexis Matteo going home before Blair St. Clair, who I think has been so underwhelming all season. I can only hope Blair doesn't take one of the Top 3 spots from Shea, Juju or Cracker, who would all be better and more worthy winners over her.

• A Shea/Juju double crowning would make more sense than a Monet/Trinity one ever did. It's a shame they used that gimmick last season because I feel like it almost certainly rules it out for AS5

• Advertisement

The hilarious edit to make it look like they both won though was brilliant. Seriously so bad.

Cant see anyone but Shea winning it but then again AS3 was Shangelas and they managed to ruin that :D I do love me some Juju and she is (and always will be :D) an all star.

I actually think BsC has done alright, her looks have been really good IMO. Waaay better then I thought shed do

Well, did we get the top 3 we wanted?

Also, it's kinda obvious what that phone call was at the end of the episode, but why do it on the final episode, unless we're getting an All Stars 3 type scenario, in which case I will riot.

Please enlighten me about the phone call

I thought it was just about a usual reunion episode but then realised they don't really do them for all stars. I know they're all back for next week anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Well, did we get the top 3 we wanted?

Also, it's kinda obvious what that phone call was at the end of the episode, but why do it on the final episode, unless we're getting an All Stars 3 type scenario, in which case I will riot.
    Stonewall; The SHEquel!!!!

Hunchback wrote: »
    Stonewall; The SHEquel!!!!

"Wait.... Nn....nobody died at Stonewall?"

RuPaul threw the first phone at Stonewall.

Only All Stars 2 got a reunion, and then when they bring the queens back in any other All Stars season the "reunion" is them confronting each other over eliminations in a 5 minute clip, which isn't really the same.

Sure the preview clip showed them all coming back and getting to the bottom of the voting drama so we know they are coming back!

Yes though, hopefully not an AS3 moment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

A Shea/Juju double crowning would make more sense than a Monet/Trinity one ever did. It's a shame they used that gimmick last season because I feel like it almost certainly rules it out for AS5
    kg703 wrote: »
    The hilarious edit to make it look like they both won though was brilliant. Seriously so bad.

The mad thing is if you watch the Trixie documentary on Netflix (well worth it BTW) it follows her as AS3 is being aired, and at one point after the final episode she's like "I thought maybe we both won, they filmed an announcement with a joint crowning" and yet they DIDN'T for AS4?????

I won't be mad at any of the winners for this season now we're at Top 3. I'd love to see JuJuBee take it just for nostalgia and having only 1 main challenge win in all 3 seasons she's been on but I don't see that. I reckon Shea is going to either a) go SO BIG for the finale we won't know what hits us or b) fall apart at the final lip sync performance just because she's still so in her head about Sasha.

Hunchback wrote: »
    "Wait.... Nn....nobody died at Stonewall?"

RIP Derrick. We truly didn’t deserve her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

I think it's set up for a Shea win with the recurring story line of losing to Sasha. When I saw the line up I thought she should be the odds on favourite.

Juju has carried the show at times being so funny but she's only ever had one challenge win.

I really like Cracker but in day one I never thought she'd win. However, she has 3 wins now, 2 in a row. It could come down to the last challenge.

I'd be happy to see any of them win.

• Advertisement

I think it's set up for a Shea win with the recurring story line of losing to Sasha. When I saw the line up I thought she should be the odds on favourite.

Juju has carried the show at times being so funny but she's only ever had one challenge win.

I really like Cracker but in day one I never thought she'd win. However, she has 3 wins now, 2 in a row. It could come down to the last challenge.

I'd be happy to see any of them win.

Although I think any of the too 3 could he awarded the crown, Shea is the only one with AllStars quality. Like, tbh, I like Trinity the Tuck (especially recently) and I love Monet, but I don't see either of them as being truly AllStars in the way Chad Michaels or Alaska were. Trixie is a funny one, because her career is massive, but Shangela was better on the season, so I'm a bit on the fence about that. But Shea - she is the All-star for this season.

I don't watch the 'next episode previews' because it's always giving too much away, I'd rather go in having seen nothing so it's all new and exciting. So even though I hadn't seen the preview, I was almost certain it meant someone, or all of them, were coming back. But now I wonder what part they will play in the final episode? They were hardly brought back for some discussions about lipsticks. I just hope we don't have another jury.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chi Chi DeVayne has died

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Chi Chi DeVayne has died

I just saw that. So sad, only 34. Always seemed like a lovely person.

Yeah, was gutted to read this yesterday. Chi Chi was so loving and warm and friendly, I don't think anyone had a bad word to say about her. Such a beautiful soul, even through her illnesses. Rest in power, queen.

Anyone watching the new season?

First impression that there isnt a lot of rides amongst em...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Tig98 wrote: »

First impression that there isnt a lot of rides amongst em...

Is there ever? :pac:

Kameron Michaels and Pearl are well up there

Rose :O Have a scroll through his instagram!

Not mad about this format - seems pointless and mean. But delighted its here for lockdown AND DRUK soon too

• Advertisement

kg703 wrote: »
    Rose :O Have a scroll through his instagram!

Damn :p

Advertisement