Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facepulls / cable machine options

• 28-05-2019 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, I am just looking for some advice / your thoughts:

I have a decent home gym, squat rack, bench, various weights etc. Mainly I do the basics, squatting, deadlifting, some band pull aparts, mixed core work, benching, rowing, chin ups, pull ups, push ups, skipping and various other standard stuff.

I am really interested in setting up some fashion of machine or home built set up specifically for face pulls, and any other exercises such a set up can do.

I made my own weights belt copied from Ross Enamit for weighted chins, but that's a fairly basic thing to make.

The majority of peope I've seen doing a face pull use that rope with two thick black plastic bits for each hand, on a cable attached to a generally very expensive cable machine.

Are there cheaper machine options that could replicate the generally quite expensive face pull options? or even something I could cobble together myself?

I'm not a great craftsman, but I'm also not an idiot and can follow instructions should they exist.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Use Pilates resistance bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Just use resistance bands around a bar.

Or dumbells while lying face down on a bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Yeah resistance bands. You don't need resistance to be all that high with something like face pulls because then you end up extending the lower back and generally using momentum to complete the movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Thanks everyone, I have a fine powerful set of resistance bands (bought cheaply from Wish).

Had been using the less strong ones for band pull aparts and the strongest one for core work.. I have it attached to the squat rack, hold arms straight out and step away laterally not allowing the band to pull me back or twist me (anti rotation core exercise I copied from athlean x).

Don't know how I didn't think to use them for face pulls! I really wish I had the space and money for the machine. Purely gadget love realistically.

Advertisement