Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Belfast Giants

• 20-01-2017 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

Thinking of going up for a game in the next couple of months.  Anyone got any info/advice on the experience? 
    Should I buy tickets in advance?  Can you have a scoop in your seat?  Is the standard p*ss-poor or entertaining?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Been up there twice and paid for my seats online and then picked up the tickets right outside the arena, but I'd assume you could get tickets there and then too but I'd rather book them in advance. I'd go more often but it's 6 hours of driving to-and-from Belfast from here. The quality of the hockey they play isn't up to NHL or KHL standards but still nice. Speaking of entertainment - there might be some goofy competition during intermissions, a guy with a Subway cannon shooting subs into the audience, as well as chuck-a-puck to win something. Standard stuff, not sure what else you'd want. There's beer and food (hot dogs, burgers, nachos) but they're not very cheap. Not sure what you mean by a scoop in the seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Thanks man. 
    I'm fussy enough to buy tickets in advance.
    By a scoop in your seat I mean can you bring your beer to your seat?  Which I'm guessing you can from your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Oh yeah, they serve the beer in plastic cups and even give you lids for them so you don't spill any on the way back to your seat. If you download the SSE Arena app, you can get some of the food and drinks slightly cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

GvidoR wrote: »
    If you download the SSE Arena app, you can get some of the food and drinks slightly cheaper.

Much obliged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Guy Sajer

Trying to buy tickets for a Belfast Giants game but ticketmaster says my card has sufficient funds when there is enough funds.
    Is this a priority for northern ireland fans over Republic fans thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

Guy Sajer wrote: »
    Trying to buy tickets for a Belfast Giants game but ticketmaster says my card has sufficient funds when there is enough funds.
    Is this a priority for northern ireland fans over Republic fans thing?

I wouldn't think so. Maybe try the uk ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sorry to bump. What seats (or section) would people recommend for a game? Only been to one Ice Hockey game and was pretty high up (was in the States), but it was actually a great view of the action!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Sorry to bump. What seats (or section) would people recommend for a game? Only been to one Ice Hockey game and was pretty high up (was in the States), but it was actually a great view of the action!

Try get a centre ice ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

bit late to the thread but i have often gotten slightly off centre tickets for 15£.

As mentioned above it's not the NHL but when you're there you do get caught up in the atmosphere. Good way to spend a Saturday if you like hockey.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

SouthM3 Row P was perfect when I went. Have a picture of the view but I don't think I can post here as I'm new.

• Advertisement
Advertisement