Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Travel insurance

Options
  • 28-06-2017 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi. I know there is a lot of information with regards to iec insurance on this, but my question is a bit different. I paid for the 2 year insurance from go 4 less today. However, I am going to other countries for a month first and I wanted my full two year insurance to be in Canada so as to not reduce my visa length. So is this OK? I won't be flying into Canada from Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

They may ask to see insurance, they may not. Most people don't get asked. Having said that, if they do check then they may only issue your permit until the expiry date of your insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 knucklehead123

They may ask to see insurance, they may not. Most people don't get asked. Having said that, if they do check then they may only issue your permit until the expiry date of your insurance.

Yeah. We have insurance for the duration of the iec visa. 2 years. We land in Canada from a Asia on September 19th, so I got the insurance to start on the 18th. We begin our travels before Canada which our insurance doesn't cover. Not worried about that. Only got the insurance for Canada as it was a requirement. I'm just wondering will it affect anything as we aren't flying into Canada from our home country.

Advertisement