Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tp20363

Hi All

Would anyone have exam grids for property and company law that they would be willing to share?
    For those of you who are working full time also a guidance on how many hours you are putting in per week in advance of October 21 sittings would be great to hear about?

Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

Hi all,

I have city colleges manuals in absolutely perfect condition for:

Constitutional
    Equity
    Criminal
    Contract

Please DM me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CMUL

Does anyone have a copy of PPC1 timetable for last year or know anyone who sat it that would have it I'd be so grateful thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

Would a 2019 Independent college manual for Tort do me for the October sitting? I know a newer version would be best but I don't want to spend any more money than I have for this sitting

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Fe1ak wrote: »
    Would a 2019 Independent college manual for Tort do me for the October sitting? I know a newer version would be best but I don't want to spend any more money than I have for this sitting

yes that should be fine, there is not too many recent cases - I would get the more recent examiners reports and take the cases from those if possible.

Snip. Copyrighted material removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

awsah wrote: »
    yes that should be fine, there is not too many recent cases - I would get the more recent examiners reports and take the cases from those if possible.

Here is a pdf of 2020 manual if it's an good to you
    Thank you, you are so kind. Ill definitely use to compare to my own manual!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Anyone else still waiting on their constitution paper back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Anyone else still waiting on their constitution paper back ?

Still waiting on all my papers back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Hi everyone - what topics would you suggest for EU and Company law?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

fe1fi20 wrote: »
    Hi everyone - what topics would you suggest for EU and Company law?

EU - Competition Law, always comes up in some capacity as its own q.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

Hey would anyone have any company sample answers or criminal? I have everything for tort, contract and equity I can swap. Would really appreciate it. I’m starting company from scratch (can’t remember a thing from my degree lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

Would anyone have any EU, Property, Tort or equity materials? I have Griffith College materials for Company, Criminal, Contract and Constitutional to swap

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Would anyone have any EU, Property, Tort or equity materials? I have Griffith College materials for Company, Criminal, Contract and Constitutional to swap

I have the property legislation if you need it

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

Hi all,

I have 2020 city colleges manuals in excellent condition for:

Equity

Contract

Criminal.

Please dm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LawGo123

I received an email saying they are currently working on sending out "fail" papers first.. then they will get round to "pass" papers.. not ideal since I requested a copy of my fail paper and have not received it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Yawnz

I applied for mine on the day of the results and got my script a week ago. It should be pretty quick given that the exam was done online, but no harm in following up with them!

Has anyone had any experience of an Equity fail paper? I got a ridiculous mark (fail!) for a paper that was not a fail paper. Turns out the paper was corrected by the internal and the external examiner. Now the Law Society are telling me that recheck will be carried out by the external examiner, who no doubt is going to verify their original mark rather than contradict it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sip Sip Hooray

Yawnz wrote: »
    I applied for mine on the day of the results and got my script a week ago. It should be pretty quick given that the exam was done online, but no harm in following up with them!

Has anyone had any experience of an Equity fail paper? I got a ridiculous mark (fail!) for a paper that was not a fail paper. Turns out the paper was corrected by the internal and the external examiner. Now the Law Society are telling me that recheck will be carried out by the external examiner, who no doubt is going to verify their original mark rather than contradict it.

I’m sure somebody posted further up to say that they previously rechecked a paper that had been marked by both the internal and external examiner, and they went up from 45 to 50 on the recheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fe1student2803

Hi All

I have City Colleges 2020-2021 manuals available for Criminal and EU. DM for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FE1swag

Hi , has anyone heard if Blackhall will be going ahead in person in September?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bantz_Control

FE1swag wrote: »
    Hi , has anyone heard if Blackhall will be going ahead in person in September?

Colleges will be, so presumably Blackhall will happen in person?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

PM'd you

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kellyymck8383

Would I get away with not learning maxims for equity or would it be worth doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bantz_Control

Would I get away with not learning maxims for equity or would it be worth doing?

Doesn't really come up as a stand alone question

• Registered Users Posts: 6 soc124124

I’m sure somebody posted further up to say that they previously rechecked a paper that had been marked by both the internal and external examiner, and they went up from 45 to 50 on the recheck.

That was me ya. I was shocked at the result relative to how I had done in my previous FE1s and how I felt I had performed on the day also. If the fact I went up 5% even after the external examiner apparently looked at my paper doesn't highlight just how much of a lotto these whole exams are I dont know what does.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

soc124124 wrote: »
    That was me ya. I was shocked at the result relative to how I had done in my previous FE1s and how I felt I had performed on the day also. If the fact I went up 5% even after the external examiner apparently looked at my paper doesn't highlight just how much of a lotto these whole exams are I dont know what does.

I went up 10% on a recheck before, 42-52. Dreams can come true!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

Lotto? It's subjective, but you are graded on your merits.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Yawnz

Thanks for giving me some hope! I felt the same and having been able to review the exam script now makes me feel even more agrieved at how the marks were applied. I had the paper reviewed by a professional and they agreed it was not a fail paper, so in the event the external examiner does not want to contradict his original mark, I may find myself even more frustrated.

The recheck system feels deeply flawed. I am not sure in what scenario a decision maker is rightly placed to be adjudicator in the appeal of their own decision. From what I gather in the Law Society's rules there is no option to raise any concerns here.

Lotto? It's subjective, but you are graded on your merits.

Lotto in the sense that there is a general lack of transparency throughout and no clear marking schemes as can be seen across other professional and centralised exams.

Yawnz wrote: »
    Thanks for giving me some hope! I felt the same and having been able to review the exam script now makes me feel even more agrieved at how the marks were applied. I had the paper reviewed by a professional and they agreed it was not a fail paper, so in the event the external examiner does not want to contradict his original mark, I may find myself even more frustrated.

The recheck system feels deeply flawed. I am not sure in what scenario a decision maker is rightly placed to be adjudicator in the appeal of their own decision. From what I gather in the Law Society's rules there is no option to raise any concerns here.

Unfortunately ya, the FE1 rules don't provide an escalation after rechecks. At that point you just have to come back another day adjust your prep and smash it out of the park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

Trying to get a start on Company.

Could anyone offer any suggestions as to high/low priority topics etc? Not sure where to start with it.

Advertisement