Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colder weather 16th Nov ----->

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Its a bit colder out now than it has been for the previous days, I've been running almost daily and today and this afternoon esp there has been a difference, its not huge but I'd leave this thread be for another 24hrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Snowc wrote: »
    Its great to see you back mickey with your **** posts :rolleyes:

Not everyone likes snow. Deal with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Seeing as Snow has been mentioned, a lot, we should sticky this thread not shut it down.

As I predicted first snow for the 29th (in the October Forecast) I demand that I be proven right....dammit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Saw my breath for the first time this winter this evening. A sign things are getting colder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Saw my breath for the first time this winter this evening. A sign things are getting colder?
    No real sign of anything yet, just a few charts that are more than 2 weeks out. The next week should stay mild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

This afternoon felt much colder than this morning, so much that I came onto the weather thread looking to see if snow is on the way!

Here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

This afternoon felt much colder than this morning, so much that I came onto the weather thread looking to see if snow is on the way!

Here's hoping!

Ha! Here's hoping NOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,631 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Minstrel27 wrote: »

Thank you. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It could snow any time after tuesday. That is what people want to hear so dammit that is what they will hear!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It could snow any time after tuesday. That is what people want to hear so dammit that is what they will hear!

Agreed. Charts are starting to materialize an agreement which each other now, all of which see the warm and cold mass duke it out over Ireland. We could have 4/5 days of sustained cooler weather before a milder period. After that god knows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Minstrel27 wrote: »

Please seek medical advice immediately, there may be a medical reason for your bizarre opinion
    >

Its great to see you back mickey with your **** posts :rolleyes:

If you remember my thread about the heavy snow back in '09, you will see why I hate the snow so much. I have very valid reasons for disliking the snow.

Not everybody likes the snow. Deal with it.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Please seek medical advice immediately, there may be a medical reason for your bizarre opinion
    >

No there isn't. Are you able to imagine what it would be like out in such s****y weather for elderly/infirm/disabled people??

Maybe you should try....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Regaurdless of your situation, if you come into a Cold Weather thread to voice your disliking of snow, it won't be recieved well by the 'snowbies'. :)

John.Icy wrote: »
    Regaurdless of your situation, if you come into a Cold Weather thread to voice your disliking of snow, it won't be recieved well by the 'snowbies'. :)

Meh.

No there isn't. Are you able to imagine what it would be like out in such s****y weather for elderly/infirm/disabled people??

Maybe you should try....?

....or perhaps how people homes, farmland and property is being destroyed and damaged by this lovely harmless incessant rain.............hmmmm, oh wait:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭naughto

this is not the place to be complaing museist and mental so take it some where else.
    this is the weather thread some people like the rain or the snow(like me ) u do not have to post in here no one is forcing you

naughto wrote: »
    this is not the place to be complaing museist and mental so take it some where else.
    this is the weather thread some people like the rain or the snow(like me ) u do not have to post in here no one is forcing you

Obviously not. I'm just expressing an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Meh. Its not a ***** post. If you went through what I went through in the snow of '09, you wouldn't be making remarks like that.

I dont know what you went through in '09,but when you come in to a thread and say "**** off snow" it doesnt really add any thing to the thread.Maybe you should start a blog and you can write about how you survided the winter of '09 and also why you hate snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭phone2000

I dont know what you went through in '09,but when you come in to a thread and say "**** off snow" it doesnt really add any thing to the thread.Maybe you should start a blog and you can write about how you survided the winter of '09 and also why you hate snow.

Mickey, I can see where you're coming from, I was on crutches last December and getting around was a right pain in the a**, however, the sights and sounds of people rushing about before Christmas in the snow was magical and I'd be perfectly happy to have a shed load more snow this winter.

• Advertisement

Well maybe you should look up the thread that I created then to get a taste of what it's like....? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

According to my calculations, based on the reverse psychology theory from some posters here, I predict Five Feet of snow for three months.

Massive blackouts and emergency radio communications being provided by Ham Radio operators who will be needed to guide the rescue services to some of our posters.

This event will indeed test the metal and mental in us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

People mickey has a disability which makes it awfully difficult to get around in the snow. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and although it may not be one you share this is a public forum and he has a right to voice it as long as he isn't breaking any rules.

baraca wrote: »
    People mickey has a disability which makes it awfully difficult to get around in the snow. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and although it may not be one you share this is a public forum and he has a right to voice it as long as he isn't breaking any rules.

thank you.

gbee wrote: »
    According to my calculations, based on the reverse psychology theory from some posters here, I predict Five Feet of snow for three months.

Massive blackouts and emergency radio communications being provided by Ham Radio operators who will be needed to guide the rescue services to some of our posters.

This event will indeed test the metal and mental in us all.

can't wait, bring it on:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Iancar29 wrote: »
    SOrry but i and MANY people would call that TROLLING!! ....

Are you for real or what ian? How is that trolling he's expressing an opinion which he is perfectly entitled to. You try get around in 2 foot of snow in a wheelchair.

I love snow as much as anyone here, But some people don't.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Iancar29 wrote: »
    SOrry but i and MANY people would call that TROLLING!! ....

No-one with any understanding of what trolling means would call it trolling. Trolling is posting unpopular/ignorant opinions purely to provoke a reaction.

People are perfectly entitled to post unpopular opinions that they hold for valid reasons, like Mickey does. Trying to bully and abuse them in to not doing so is unpleasant to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Well ok ok i agree... though none of us wish that upon anyone. We just like snow for what it is. simple as

/rant over / deleting previous post as i did go overbaord , i apologise..

Playing BF3 + posting on baords = not good...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

But, in any event, WE DON'T actually MAKE the weather, though, that said I'm buying some snow shoes and polishing my shrine to Godess KHIONE.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement