Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Special gets English fan translation and in-game improvements - http://segabits.com/blog/2017/08/14/megami-tensei-gaiden-last-bible-special-gets-english-fan-translation-and-in-game-improvements/

Might interest some, off to bed, nighty night :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,803 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

FF15 PC release has been announced for early 2018 with a raft of improvements. Hopefully Square Enix keep up the quality that their last few PC ports of Japanese games have been... except Nier.

Also gotten a good bit into FF12. Finished up the first visit to Archades and it's very obvious that the game is getting rushed. The story is jumping ahead to major plot points and not making a lot of sense. Still however having a blast and my team is becoming nicely broken.

Haven't been using a lot of black magic until I went to the Necropolis where it's almost essential. Nice to find out my Black magic user is disgustly broken. Able to dish out series damage but has enough buffs that she ends up with more MP at the end of a fight than she went in with!

Got a load more hunts to do before I finish up but not having too much trouble with them, even the level 7 ones. Going to go hunting Espers as well, already got the one in the Caverns near Jahara.

There's lots of places I just skipped past when I originally played the game as I was making a Beeline for the end.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Glad to see FF15 finally announced. I'll probably get it on release and finish it this time.

Also, the car can fly now? When did that happen?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Realistic grass simulation
    Advanced hair simulation
    Combustible fire, smoke and fluid simulation
    Advanced shadow algorithms

"Improvements" :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,803 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

523552_10152136299465393_1487968607_n1.jpg

At least there are improvements and not, here's the console version with a resolution slider. I do however suspect that any improvements here will be rolled back into the Pro/Xboxonexonexonex11eleventy1, version. Square Enix are dropping the Luminous engine for Unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Looks like Atlus are finally opening a european arm:
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-08-24-atlus-sets-up-european-publishing-team-in-london
    Never thought I'd see the day to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

If they killed that annoying loser that takes selfies all the time, that would be a vast improvement.

If they killed that annoying loser that takes selfies all the time, that would be a vast improvement.

Prompto was great, his utter lack of self confidence meant he had something that got close to having a personality compared to the rest of them.

His "cool" schtick, got very old very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

His "cool" schtick, got very old very quick.

Prompto isnt cool, he is in fact very pointedly NOT cool, it's a major part of his story

• Advertisement

He's annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Secret Of Mana is getting a remake on the PS4/Vita and also a PC release on the 15th of February.

Not sure if I like the look of it though, looks like the mobile version of Adventures of Mana.

It looks ****ing disgusting. Cheap repeating textures and dodgy modelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Xenji wrote: »
    Secret Of Mana is getting a remake on the PS4/Vita and also a PC release on the 15th of February.

Not sure if I like the look of it though, looks like the mobile version of Adventures of Mana.
    Had it sent onto me on Facebook, it said you'll be able to co op online? I loved playing 2 player but never got far into it, the other person never stuck with it unfortunately.

No Xbox or more surprisingly no Switch release??

No Xbox or more surprisingly no Switch release??

Microsoft has no traction in Japan, especially with what would be a highly niche title on the system, Sony console owners have been quite spoiled over the last few years with either PS4/3 or Vita releases or both, also Japanese developers are finally embracing PC releases and remakes on Steam.

It will probably not come out on the Switch as the Seiken Densetsu Collection came out nearly 3 months ago, and they used the original version, not this weird mobile looking version, plus it is also included with the SNES mini.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wait... Ys VIII is out in two weeks? Jaysus, had forgotten that game even existed, so that's a nice surprise. Seems like nobody wants to sell the physical copies, so digital it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Wait... Ys VIII is out in two weeks? Jaysus, had forgotten that game even existed, so that's a nice surprise. Seems like nobody wants to sell the physical copies, so digital it is!

Both Base.com and Zavvi are selling it. Nisa were selling a CE, but it is now sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I think there is a demo on psn atm for it. Not played it so don't know how generous it is.

Amazon had it for 32.99 when I pre ordered, unavailable now but should come back in stock.

• Advertisement

Just noticed Secret of Mana is getting a 3D remake... I think I'd prefer the 2D graphics.

Interested to see what will be added though.

Just noticed Secret of Mana is getting a 3D remake... I think I'd prefer the 2D graphics.

Interested to see what will be added though.

It's so ****ing ugly though.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Its not that bad, with mobile style games I think the character models are generally quite nice. Its the environment art that really lets these kind of games down.

megaten wrote: »

Its not that bad, with mobile style games I think the character models are generally quite nice. Its the environment art that really lets these kind of games down.

As a mobile game I think it looks really ugly.

In comparison to the original it's an absolute disgrace.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got Ys Seven, play about two hours so far, cool game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Just noticed Secret of Mana is getting a 3D remake

€40 on Steam, due for release in Feb 18 and it looks like no new content has been added except for some armor costumes if you pre-order. Eh, no!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ys VIII Is on the way too me, looking forward too it.

Anyone watching Made in the Abyss? It's very like EtrIan Odyssey so I'm loving it. Last episode though was a hard watch.

Last episode though was a hard watch.

Violent?

• Advertisement

Anyone watching Made in the Abyss? It's very like EtrIan Odyssey so I'm loving it. Last episode though was a hard watch.

On episode 8, best show of the season for me along with Owarimonogatari, love the setting and the lore behind the show.

Advertisement