Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience of revised diagnosis or misdiagnosis?

• 28-01-2019 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I'm a researcher in UCD keen to talk to parents of children with emotional/behavioural difficulties, whose mental health or neurodevelopmental diagnosis has previously been changed (i.e. original diagnosis removed/replaced/supplemented by another diagnosis). This might include young people with ASD who were originally misdiagnosed, or who have had alternative diagnoses suggested along the way.

If it sounds like this might apply to you and you'd like to chat anonymously about your experiences for a research project, please get in touch. I can be reached via private message, my contact details on the UCD School of Psychology website, or 01 716 8612.

Best,
    Dr Cliodhna O'Connor
    Assistant Professor, UCD School of Psychology

Advertisement