Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Newbie questions

• 26-09-2020 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I picked up a pair of cheap used Miche Pistard wheelset for my single speed. Would 23c tyres fit ok? I assume the 23c is just the width if the tyres?

I’m looking at ordering the Wiggle DHB cycling shorts. There are DHB padded liner shorts and DHB classic shorts. Not sure what the difference is? I’m usually a large in shorts. Should I go a size up to XL? First pair of cycling shorts to purchase so not too sure.

Thank you

Comments

Yeah 23c is tyre width. Limiting factor is usually clearance on the frame but 23c is likely the narrowest tyre in use these days. Most will clear 25c and if it's a fairly new frame 28c. What size tyre are you running at the minute?

Can't speak for everyone one but I find I have to go a size up in DHB stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Thanks for the reply. I’m running 700 x 25c on front (Bontrager brand) and Schwable Marathon at back. This will be different wheelset just need to check if 700 x 23c tyres willfit. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,947 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

whodafunk wrote: »
    ... This will be different wheelset just need to check if 700 x 23c tyres willfit. Thanks
    Most wheelsets will take a variety of width sizes - eg 23 to 28.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Most wheelsets will take a variety of width sizes - eg 23 to 28.

Thank you

Advertisement