Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 Grand Slam of Darts - 9th - 17th Nov

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Brendan Dolan's shirt is one of the worst I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Brendan Dolan's shirt is one of the worst I've ever seen.

should of got a few more xxxxl kinda tight around the bump :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Young Harrington wins 5-1 with a 78 average..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

US2 wrote: »
    Young Harrington wins 5-1 with a 78 average..

The qualification criteria for the Grand Slam really needs sorting out as it lets in so many poor players. There are too many qualifiers from the floor. Euro Tour winners have to be included. The BDO qualifiers should be cut to 6 and the PDC floor qualifiers cut to four, and that's at the very least.

As an aside, Devon Peterson is the worst darts commentator I have ever heard, and I include Vassos Alexander in that.

A particular gem from him last night - "His Dad (Rod Harrington) being much older than him (Ryan Harrington)".

How he hasn't been cut yet I'll never know.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    The qualification criteria for the Grand Slam really needs sorting out as it lets in so many poor players. There are too many qualifiers from the floor. Euro Tour winners have to be included. The BDO qualifiers should be cut to 6 and the PDC floor qualifiers cut to four, and that's at the very least.

Yeah it's a strange one, World Cup Finalists qualified is the biggest joke of the lot.
    No mention of how poor the ladies are too when you have Scott Mitchell and Martin Adams sitting at home. I know there not in best of form but are proven tv players. Wouldn't surprise me if the BDO element was scrapped in next year or 2.

Thank godsomeone agrees, how the funk did Devon get that job, diversity I suppose?

Thank godsomeone agrees, how the funk did Devon get that job, diversity I suppose?

It's the only reason I can think of because surely Sky know how bad he is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

ticked the pc box for black
    why do you think lesbian trina gulliver got the job at Ally Pally.
    Its all about diversity and ticking political correctness boxes.

Both are absolutely abysmal, both got the job with zero experience, no history of commentary on professional darts.

I dont care if the commentator is black, white, male, female, gay, straight etc as long as they are there because of their ability.. not because of gender, color etc.

Even chris mason, an ex con, with multiple convictions for serious crimes, got hired, but at least he is decent on comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Serious darts by MVG, smith played well too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Would love to see the wee angry man get beaten by Suzuki doll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Jesus Christ Willie was absolutely shocking.

Very very poor, can’t see Webster not going g through now

TbL

Really poor

peteeeed wrote: »
    Really poor

that's the way he always will be,will never get to gurneys standard.

How did he lose to Dave Parletti. I mean Parletti seems like a sound lad but Willie should be beating him easy! Unlikely he goes through now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭shockframe

That was a terrible game.

Not the first one either. It's been a dire event so far.

There’s Willie out, he’ll be kicking himself, should easily had enough in the tank

TbL

shockframe wrote: »
    That was a terrible game.

Not the first one either. It's been a dire event so far.

Have to agree. Too many poor players in this. Some terrible matches with low standards.

Webster playing very well here.

Willie was shaking his head in anger after the last practice throw before the very first leg. He has to cut that out

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Adrian Lewis not the player he once was

The crowd and pressure gets to the BDO players. The PDC should just buy it and combine them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

What a ****e event so far
    Bdo boys are all lemons

• Advertisement

in regards Willie, he seems to have a very rigid throw that when he's on he stays on but when he's off he cant adjust at all

Whatever anyone thinks about Durrant you can’t deny he’s got bottle.

Hung in really well

Delighted for him

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Duzza is some man to scrape through a match

hes ruged similar to wade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Germany would badly want to develop a decent player in the next while. Hopp has done nothing despite massive support and even less so Schindler. Clemens was boring as heck but threw some decent finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Snakebite plating well against Cross, giving him a nice hammering so far 8-2.

munster87 wrote: »
    Duzza is some man to scrape through a match

An over rated to the hilt player.
    Mardle kisses his ass cos he won lakesh1te

to put things in perspective Durrant had the exact same average as Ryan Harrington.

Look what chizzys 100 plus average did to Harrington

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

An over rated to the hilt player.
    Mardle kisses his ass cos he won lakesh1te

to put things in perspective Durrant had the exact same average as Ryan Harrington.

Look what chizzys 100 plus average did to Harrington

Do you ever have anything positive to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

Duzza has had a great first year in the pdc , hes brought something to a place thats gone a bit stale.
    Top 10 player , but theres some fairly average guys in top 10 now , mainly due to a ****ed in ranking system.

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »
    Do you ever have anything positive to say?

and there you go again...ignore the actual facts I posted, and make it about the poster instead.

What i wrote was true. Unless you are deaf, how can you not hear the ass kissing of durrant by mardle.

The averages I posted were genuine facts. Harrington averaged the same as durrant , and Harrington was well beaten.

Is posting facts now negative just because you dont like them ?

Advertisement