Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 johnnypaul2k7

LaaSh wrote: »
    Can anybody help me. I got Dublin however I am living in Wexford. Will I still be able to get subsidized for travel accommodation etc for the first five weeks training until I have been given a post in Dublin or how does it work ?

No you won’t get anything as Dublin is your place of employment. It’s the same as when trainings over you wouldn’t expect to be paid to travel to an from work .

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LaaSh

What is the start time for the training ? 9-5 or 9.30?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭CZ 453

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

Hi Dos anyone know if there may be another recruitment drive for this role ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

CZ 453 wrote: »

That sounds like the port inspectors positions they offered out to us on the panel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 schoopi

Hope the training is going well for the current class.
    For those from the Cork Panel - can you confirm how many Cork candidates they took for the class ?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Celtic_Nomad

schoopi wrote: »
    For those from the Cork Panel - can you confirm how many Cork candidates they took for the class ?
    Thanks.

I'm not sure how many they have taken on for Cork so far but I was top 15 on the panel. I'm starting 2nd September.

For those waiting on Cork - The job they offered me is permanent (not three years fixed term). No shift allowance but it's Monday to Friday, 9-5 with flexi time. Personally, I was happy with that as I wasn't very excited about doing shift work. I'm not sure it will be the same for everyone but that's what I was offered anyway. So just a heads up guys in case you're banking on that shift allowance

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I'm not sure how many they have taken on for Cork so far but I was top 15 on the panel. I'm starting 2nd September.

For those waiting on Cork - The job they offered me is permanent (not three years fixed term). No shift allowance but it's Monday to Friday, 9-5 with flexi time. Personally, I was happy with that as I wasn't very excited about doing shift work. I'm not sure it will be the same for everyone but that's what I was offered anyway. So just a heads up guys in case you're banking on that shift allowance

Least you have certainty. And probably office based....no out in all weather down the docks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

does anyone think there will be more jobs like this opened up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 schoopi

Thanks for that and best of luck with the training!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

schoopi wrote: »
    Thanks.

Hi, were you in batch 1 or 2 for supervised tests/interview?

Hi Mike. I was in batch 1 I'm afraid. So moving pretty slow but at least the Cork panel is finally moving at all!

Hi Mike. I was in batch 1 I'm afraid. So moving pretty slow but at least the Cork panel is finally moving at all!

I was thinking that tbh... do you mind me asking when roughly did you go for interview ?

I was thinking that tbh... do you mind me asking when roughly did you go for interview ?

I believe it was the 13th November last year

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭weadick

I heard recently that there are no more plans to take any more staff from the Cork panel. I wish I had applied for Dublin or Wexford instead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Dumitru Ivanov

Any updates on the panels?
    It moved along pretty slow this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimmythedivil

The prospect of any movement on these panels must be finished now I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cocopup

Hi , this has probably be answered in previous comments, but can anyone tell me what the shift rosters are like in Dublin port and the airport?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Cocopup wrote: »
    Hi , this has probably be answered in previous comments, but can anyone tell me what the shift rosters are like in Dublin port and the airport?

Thanks

did you get a call up ?

Any movement on this?

• Advertisement

weadick wrote:
    Any movement on this?

I would imagine there will be movement after the end of June if there is no extension sought by Britain

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jassgal

Hi guys I'm on the CO panel 2020 and have just been sent an expression of interest message for Dublin port and came across your thread when I was looking for more information about the position. Just wondering could anyone let me know how they are getting on who have started in the recent months? I understand it is outdoor work and shift work but what excatly are the shifts and is it heavy duty work?
    Tia :)

Jassgal wrote: »
    Hi guys I'm on the CO panel 2020 and have just been sent an expression of interest message for Dublin port and came across your thread when I was looking for more information about the position. Just wondering could anyone let me know how they are getting on who have started in the recent months? I understand it is outdoor work and shift work but what excatly are the shifts and is it heavy duty work?
    Tia :)

Wonder how long they have been taking people off the CO panel for these positions? I guess that means the panel we were placed on is now finished? This whole process has been a bit of a shambles tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tio07

weadick wrote: »
    Wonder how long they have been taking people off the CO panel for these positions? I guess that means the panel we were placed on is now finished? This whole process has been a bit of a shambles tbh.

From what others have posted in the CO 2020 thread It’s agriculture positions they are requesting expressions of interest in and not for customs.

DAFM and Revenue Customs Trade facilitation while both offer some co grade work, they are totally separate departments and work.

There was the same expression of interest offered to people from this competition last year at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Sister said there was reps from both Revenue and Agriculture when she had her CO interview last year trying to convince those who had been informed on the day that they had passed to express interest in both departments.

Has anyone on this thread been called for Cork?

Anyone know how much longer it is until this panel finishes?

there were invites for expression of interest in Portal CO and EO positions internally in the last 2 weeks in the department of Ag FYI

weadick wrote: »
    Anyone know how much longer it is until this panel finishes?

I believe the panel is due to expire in September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Burple

Hi has anybody started in Rosslare since last year? I've emailed about my position on the panel but nobody has replied.

Advertisement