Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The BDO Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

byte wrote: »
    And what's with the ONE80 dartboards? They seem crap to me compared to Winmau. Seem to be a Chinese company which might explain it.

No Lakeside, no Winmau, no lights, no people! :D

Their announcer and match referees are appalling too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

byte wrote: »
    And what's with the ONE80 dartboards? They seem crap to me compared to Winmau. Seem to be a Chinese company which might explain it.

No Lakeside, no Winmau, no lights, no people! :D
    I've heard plenty of good reviews on the One80 Glad boards. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it is bad.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've heard plenty of good reviews on the One80 Glad boards. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it is bad.
    I stand corrected. I guess I was just used to the Winmau boards.

I did notice that they seem to be a sponsor for some players too.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

http://bdodarts.com/index.php/item/3-main-news/395-win-a-day-at-the-darts-and-hotel-package

This is your chance to win two tickets to both sessions of the BDO World Professional Darts Championship at the Indigo at the O2 on Friday 10th January 2020 and an overnight stay for two on Friday night at the Holiday Inn Express North Greenwich.

To try win this amazing prize click or tap the Enter Now button below, Entry is £5 per entry.

nothing like a fundraising raffle eh :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

You can't fault the BDO when it comes to providing entertainment, their incompetency knows no bounds.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Kingp35 wrote: »
    You can't fault the BDO when it comes to providing entertainment, their incompetency knows no bounds.

as it is commonly referred to as the "live comedy tour" on most darts forums.

I see the official bdo twitter page is packed with links to illegal streams.
    Then illegal activity is hardly new to the bdo when it comes to copyright.

https://dartsnews.com/bdo-in-debt-with-dutch-production-company-there-is-just-no-response/

The BDO still owes money to a Dutch production company, which ensured that the World Masters was broadcasted in October.
    According to the website Dartfreakz, the BDO has a debt with 1:1 Productions. After the tournament, a bill was sent to the British Darts Organisation, which has not been paid yet. Various payment reminders also have been sent.

The Dutch company invested heavily in broadcasting the World Masters. The equipment had to be transported, people had to be hired as well as a satellite for the connection. The bill has risen to over 10.000 euros.

After a number of reminders, BDO chairman Des Jacklin replied with a quick response, saying he ‘hopes’ to be able to pay after the BDO World Championship. The question is whether this will succeed. Due to financial problems, the prize fund breakdown was substantially reduced recently.

1: 1 Productions also fears that payment will not be made, because they have hired a lawyer. This lawyer has already sent a letter to Jacklin.

In the same article, a spokesperson from the Dutch production company responds. Owner Erwin Beenhakker is disappointed by the circumstances and hopes that a solution will soon be found to pay the debt.

“It is very sad to see Mr. Jacklin on social media pretending that the World Championship is going so well while we are still waiting for payment for the previous event. We know that budgets are not big on the “BDO circuit”. We are therefore very lenient and try to think along with the organisations in all respects in order to offer as much as possible within the financial constraints.”

”Then it hurts even more if you are treated that way. There is simply no response. This is a very substantial amount and I am currently dependent on the patience of the suppliers and a large group of freelancers hired for the World Masters”, said Beenhakker.

Dartsnews has asked the BDO chairman for a response. No response has yet been received to this request.

https://twitter.com/BDOdarts/status/1213430947615531008

Betbrokers?! A twitter page with 133 followers, no website, looks dodge as f*ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Paul Hogan produced a very decent performance last night averaging around the ton and missed double 18 for the 9 darter also a cracking match between Waites and Wolfie not bad entertainment to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Paula back at it
    499395.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

Can you imagine barry hearn posting crap like that

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Tournament is a shambles, BDO should pack up. Theres only one show in town now.

tonights session was possibly the most atrocious session of darts I ever had the misfortune to see.

Not a single average over 85 by any of the 8 players.
    Bo Selecta could not even win a leg and did not even get a shot at a double.
    Robson & Hazel went 21 legs and not one of them was under 16 darts.
    The crowd had their coats on and were gone when the over rated kid was battered.

Tomorrow night session looks even worse on paper.

Abysmal stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

Report from a Dutch site claiming the total prize fund is now only 83k with 23k for the winner..

https://www.dartfreakz.nl/blog/wdfbdo-hoofdnieuws/exclusief-bdo-verlaagt-opnieuw-prijzengeld-tijdens-het-wk/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Kingp35 wrote: »

Was this not the director who recently resigned blaming the board ?

Now he is claiming des the scumbag is the victim....priceless.,

The same Des who told Tommy Thompson who had cancer at the time, that he hoped Tommy would die.
    The same Des who has threatened multiple people, as has his vile wife and feral kids who are now threatening people with violence

The same Des that knowingly broke the law and was selling copyrighted material despite being told it was illegal.
    The same Des who blames facebook and twitter for negativity as if facebook made Des rig the masters draw for his wife.
    The same Des who promised he had sponsors lined up and would bring them in when hired....and still has no sponsors.
    The same Des who is a proven liar, ignores players, hangs up on BBC etc

Des, always plays the victim, and never accepts the blame he deserves

The same Des who told Tommy Thompson who had cancer at the time, that he hoped Tommy would die.

You repeatedly make fun of Dave Clark having Parkinsons, Paul Hogan's stammer etc etc. What's it like to be so twisted all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Tarzann wrote: »
    You repeatedly make fun of Dave Clark having Parkinsons, Paul Hogan's stammer etc etc. What's it like to be so twisted all the time?

I notice he conveniently ignores it everytime his disgusting comments about Dave Clark are brought up. Perhaps because it may show the irony of him calling Des Jacklin a scumbag?

Tarzann wrote: »

where have I ever wished anyone dead ?
    Or threatened anyone ?

oh wait I have not.

But as usual with people on HERE they want to deflect from the facts I post on HERE and rather than reply to my posts on HERE go looking for something i post elsewhere which is no where near the level of scum Des does, and i am not head of the bdo either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

where have I ever wished anyone dead ?
    Or threatened anyone ?

oh wait I have not.

But as usual with people on HERE they want to deflect from the facts I post on HERE and rather than reply to my posts on HERE go looking for something i post elsewhere which is no where near the level of scum Des does, and i am not head of the bdo either.

Doesn't matter where its posted, <MOD SNIP>

• Advertisement

MOD NOTE: US2 warned for personal abuse, it's not permitted on this forum.

The BDO accounts for year end 31st May 2019 have been released today and they made a whopping loss of £468,452 for the year! They had cash at bank of £218,814 at year end. Obviously they have suffered further losses since then.

The Auditors have indicated that there is significant doubt on the company's ability to continue as a going concern.

Here's a link to the accounts (click on the pdf link dated today): https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01499298/filing-history

What an absolute **** show.

checkout this statement on page 4

Material uncertainty relating to going concern

We draw attention to note 10 in the financial statements, which indicates that the company incurred a loss of £468,452 during the year ended 2019 and that the reserves of the company are £178,297. As stated in that note the company has incurred further losses in the current period which, along with others matters referred to, indicate that material uncertainty exist that may cast doubt on the companies ability to continue as a going concern

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

checkout this statement on page 4

Material uncertainty relating to going concern

We draw attention to note 10 in the financial statements, which indicates that the company incurred a loss of £468,452 during the year ended 2019 and that the reserves of the company are £178,297. As stated in that note the company has incurred further losses in the current period which, along with others matters referred to, indicate that material uncertainty exist that may cast doubt on the companies ability to continue as a going concern

Yes, they are ****ed and at least admitting it now.

in 2019 the lost 468k

The only money they paid out was for the Catas Trophy and The Masters, and they both were each well under 100k in prize money,
    Bob Potter covered the Lakessh1te 2019 prizefund.
    and even not counting the ticket sales, there is still around 300k gone ....on what ?????

has des been running a private expense account ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

in 2019 the lost 468k

The only money they paid out was for the Catas Trophy and The Masters, and they both were each well under 100k in prize money,
    Bob Potter covered the Lakessh1te 2019 prizefund.
    and even not counting the ticket sales, there is still around 300k gone ....on what ?????

has des been running a private expense account ?

Must be sticky fingers sure what else could they be spending money on??

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Must be sticky fingers sure what else could they be spending money on??

accounting for 200k in the WDT and Masters prize money, plus the 60k they paid to sportotal, minus the combined ticket sales from both events, it is around 200k, at the very most and being generous.
    Des "salary" is 15k in 2019, Sue Williams received 6k, for whatever reasons.

That leaves over quarter of a million wasted, but on what ?

Curious if there was a directors "expense account", as the money is gone somewhere.
    Were that any other business, there would be serious ramifications, maybe even legal involvement.

Consider this, 2020 is going to be even worse, as there was no bob potter covering the Indigo fund, as small as it was, that will be coming out of the coffers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

https://dartsnews.com/jacklin-explains-decision-to-resign-as-bdo-chairman-in-remarkable-statement/

Extensive statement from Des.

Even I wouldn’t give his missus a free ride :)

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Well that was an entertaining read, highly deluded, conceited ramblings of a clueless man.

It's a miracle that the BDO is even still operating if that's the quality of people they have running the show.

Sad in a way though to see a once great and highly influential organisation reduced to ashes but it's also hard to have any pity for them because they caused their own downfall.

• Advertisement

MOD NOTE: I've deleted the last few posts, they are completely off topic and bickering with each other is not permitted in this forum.

Advertisement