Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fuel injectors leaking - new'ish car (Seat Ateca 181D)

• 02-12-2020 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi All,

Hoping you can help provide some guidance / reassurance. I'm not a car person so limited knowledge myself! I have a 181 Seat Ateca 1.4L SE Petrol, with only 21,000km on the clock.

I went out for a short 10k trip on Sunday morning and then when to start the car a few hours later but it was cutting out after starting but I knew it wasn't a battery issue. There was an overwhelming smell of petrol coming from the engine too. Anyway I had to end up calling out AA to get the car towed home and then again into the garage the following morning - the guy who towed it told me it looked like the fuel injectors are leaking, which is unusual for a car of its age and mileage. He also mentioned it is something which has the potential to cause an engine fire.

Anyway, so it turned out the fuel injectors had worn away and it's being repaired in the garage (luckily under warranty) but a bit concerned about the whole thing given the age of the year and the fact it was only serviced in June. Is there anything I should be pushing back to the garage on around this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

There was a recall for the same problem on the 1.0 engine. I don't see anything similar for the 1.4

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mr Mister

Thanks Dogg Munde, perhaps it was a part of that batch of injectors.

I'm just hoping there is no subsequent issues because of the fuel leaking into the engine because the warranty is up in Feb!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

D? Seriously?

D? Seriously?

Thanks for your valuable input. I’ve removed the D part which was just a force of habit having called out the licence plate on the phone the past couple
    of days. Hopefully you can rest easy tonight now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

Far more serious is instead of saying a 2 year old car we say 181 and so forth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

🙂

I give up, I just thought saying 181 would help show the car was around 2 and a half years old. You can add it to the list of crimes against humanity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Mr Mister wrote: »
    I give up, I just thought saying 181 would help show the car was around 2 and a half years old. You can add it to the list of crimes against humanity

Dont take it personal they're like that to everyone. You can see why the forum is so busy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Mr Mister wrote: »

Henry is just jealous you didn't buy a Ecosport ball of dirt.....:P

Advertisement