Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Teenage Darndale Gang

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

The true cost of unlimited dole and a punishment free society.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Usual dole and welfare comments incoming.

Some of the biggest scumbags out there have parents that work folks. Change the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Cut the parents dole money when their kids are involved in stuff like this - then they wouldn't be long putting a stop to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Charlie Bucket

Pkiernan wrote: »
    The true cost of unlimited dole and a punishment free society.

Thread delivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

I know some people from Darndale and they are sound but it is horrendous place, even to look at. It's not too bad near the main road but the further in you go the more it becomes like a set from some dystopian movie. A lot of good people stuck there because they can't afford to move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Tag em.
    Tag em all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Kids don't care. Parents don't care. Cops don't care.

No easy solution except trying to avoid the cretins.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,650 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

A 51-year-old woman was walking her dogs with a friend when she saw the attack unfold.

She said the man walked towards them and was “minding his own business” before he was attacked.

The eye-witness told TheJournal.ie: “We were just walking and then we could hear this shouting. They surrounded him and then they started beating him.”

She said she appealed to the leader of the group to stop and asked him why the teenagers were attacking him.

It is understood the boys had earlier surrounded the victim and he had attempted to push his way through them.

She added: “It was just so surreal. They just started beating him. We kept shouting at them to stop. They had this metal pipe thing and they keep hitting him over the head with it. It looked like they really wanted to hurt him. They just were taking turns hitting him.”

The boys eventually left and the eye-witness and her friend tended to the injured man. There was blood running down his face and his nose appeared to be broken. Gardaí and an ambulance were called.

Incredibly brave woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

This gang are terrorising st Anne’s park the last few months, attacking teenagers stealing their bikes, attacking people, smashing mirrors of cars. They go around in gangs of up to 13/14 of them. Mate is a Garda and said they can’t do a thing to them and takes up so much resources and time when little can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,552 ✭✭✭✭walshb

bri007 wrote: »
    This gang are terrorising st Anne’s park the last few months, attacking teenagers stealing their bikes, attacking people, smashing mirrors of cars. They go around in gangs of up to 13/14 of them. Mate is a Garda and said they can’t do a thing to them and takes up so much resources and time when little can be done.

Gardai can’t do a thing to them?

Is this a joke?

Gardai can’t stop them, challenge them, protect the public from them?

Can’t actually do the job that society charges them with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

ElJeffe wrote: »
    Usual dole and welfare comments incoming.

Some of the biggest scumbags out there have parents that work folks. Change the record.

Yup, white collar criminals have caused more damage to society than any supposed "dole spongers. "

Ya these boys are all future accountants sons of bank clerks surely

Ffs

Yup, white collar criminals have caused more damage to society than any supposed "dole spongers. "

It is not an either/or situation. the Anglo crowd were indeed anti social scum, but so are those who prey on the communities they infest. And both have a similar attitude of not giving one fart about anyone else.

Ya these boys are all future accountants sons of bank clerks surely

Ffs

So you cant connect the 65 billion euro plus bankers cost this country,resulting in savage austerity measures across the board to this day?

"Ffs. "

So you cant connect the 65 billion euro plus bankers cost this country,resulting in savage austerity measures across the board to this day?

"Ffs. "

The bankers who put us in hock are no more representative of "white collar" people than the scum in Darndale are of most of their neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,700 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Here's a video of a woman getting battered on the 27 bus last week in Darndale by teenagers - https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dublin-bus-fight-footage-shows-19355615

It just seems part and parcel of Dublin/Ireland. There have been gangs like this for as long as I've been around anyway, they just get a bit more press these days because of social media.
    We as a country have more scumbags than other European countries, for all kinds of reasons.

"Ffs. "

You can connect that to these cuntlings?

I mean I'm sure you can but ffs

Bonniedog wrote: »
    It is not an either/or situation. the Anglo crowd were indeed anti social scum, but so are those who prey on the communities they infest. And both have a similar attitude of not giving one fart about anyone else.

'Roving gangs symbolising wider societal decay' makes a much more visceral headline grabber than your average tax evader of course. My point is immorality is not monopolised by either section of society but when its white collar the result is often far more catastrophic for everyone. How many countless died from suicides,related illnesses from debt, austerity cuts in health, housing and general social spending? All done with keystrokes on a computer than at knifepoint in a park.

The bankers who put us in hock are no more representative of "white collar" people than the scum in Darndale are of most of their neighbours.

You will note I said "white collar criminals"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

If anyone is wondering why the average thread on boards goes to complete incoherent dribble. Exhibit A:

• Advertisement

'Roving gangs symbolising wider societal decay' makes a much more visceral headline grabber than your average tax evader of course. My point is immorality is not monopolised by either section of society but when its white collar the result is often far more catastrophic for everyone. How many countless died from suicides,related illnesses from debt, austerity cuts in health, housing and general social spending? All done with keystrokes on a computer than at knifepoint in a park.

Fair enough, but you sound as though you are either excusing the anti social stuff or claiming is is caused by the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Fair enough, but you sound as though you are either excusing the anti social stuff or claiming is is caused by the former.

Not how I took him/her up at all.

Snotty wrote: »
    If anyone is wondering why the average thread on boards goes to complete incoherent dribble. Exhibit A:

You must be the intellectual of the group?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Let's give violent criminals a free pass because of the bank crash.

That makes sense.

Darndale was a sithole for the last 30 years.

More free dole is whats needed, and more suspended sentences.

That'll learn em.

The Liberal Arts students so in tune with the most vulnerable shoulf drive daddy's BMW thru Darndale one evening, and feel the locals pain.

Not how I took him/her up at all.

Fair enough. i took it up wrong so. Me culpa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Here's a video of a woman getting battered on the 27 bus last week in Darndale by teenagers - https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dublin-bus-fight-footage-shows-19355615

It just seems part and parcel of Dublin/Ireland. There have been gangs like this for as long as I've been around anyway, they just get a bit more press these days because of social media.
    We as a country have more scumbags than other European countries, for all kinds of reasons.

You mustn't have ever left Ireland if you think that. These scumbags would get eaten alive in part of Naples or Paris. Nearly everywhere in Europe has this problem.

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Let's give violent criminals a free pass because of the bank crash.

That makes sense.

Darndale was a sithole for the last 30 years.

More free dole is whats needed, and more suspended sentences.

That'll learn em.

The Liberal Arts students so in tune with the most vulnerable shoulf drive daddy's BMW thru Darndale one evening, and feel the locals pain.

You sound like you have your finger on the pulse of the community, why not start an outreach group?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Britain has them for sure but do other European countries have this kind of grey tracksuit, no socks and black runners, stupid haircut kind of scumbag element? As in white, indigenous, sub species, like the lads in the young offenders / love hate and obviously the cast at your local welfare office... I know there's huge problems around immigrant crime in Europe and skinheads/neo nazi/mafia and organised crime but do they have scobies like the UK and Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

"Ffs. "

I think this would have existed regardless, no doubt the billions of euro of private debt spineless Politicians took on, on our behalf doesn't help.

Based on my experience with the Gardai, the only way to deal with these people is , avoid and then if not possible carry some kind of non lethal weapon around, and in the case of that person on the bus, just knock them out unfortunately, dont want to be getting into a wrestling match with people or start taking them down individually, not entirely realistic as they always travel in gangs and if you live in the area, you'd become known and targetted, but not impossible, but you will be on the receiving end of something. Was in a part of Drimnagh recently, probably similar, unpleasant looking, gangs hanging around, limitless state assistance isn't the solution. If they cant rehab themselves then the only way to deal with correctly is lock people up for this kind of thing, and force them to change, but thats not happening.

That does affect people, what the state has to fund or not in communities, but in a way that can put people in fear or concern of the future, but that affects everyone even if to lesser degrees. This, violence/terrorising people in their own community, means every place a person who resides in an area and their family can be can be a living torment if you get noticed on someones radar. They are scum.

• Advertisement

Quite likely the woman is a skanger too, a little b1tch feud I imagine.

Advertisement