Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Build Back Better

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

greenspurs wrote: »
    Do you change your mask numerous times a day after touching it ?

Why is there no regulation over/about face coverings/masks ?
    Why can Susan down the street make a few up for her friends , and they can "curb the spread " when worn ?

We know masks mitigate the spread of the virus. Not sure what your point is here, do you believe they don't work?

Lex Luthor wrote: »

If you don’t think big pharma and people in high power control the system then you’re entitled to your opinion

Which "people in high power" and what system? We've had hundreds of pages of claims like this but so far no one has provided any details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

You are mixing up economics with pandemics, money with health.

Why would governments all around the world suspend economic activities, support people out of work with payments, lose out on tax revenue, and all that goes with it if it was a grand conspiracy?

If I was organising a conspiracy to control the world, I would have as many people out working as possible to generate as much money as possible, keep them busy so that didn't have time to see my nefarious plans, I wouldn't conjure up a pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I’ve already answered your questions

If you don’t think big pharma and people in high power control the system then you’re entitled to your opinion

I choose to believe otherwise
    No you haven't answered those questions.
    No conspiracy theorist has.

This is because in my opinion the conspiracy theories are false and folks like yourself know they are false.
    Hence the dodging and vagueness and the running away from points.

What baffles me is why you guys keep claiming this stuff when you know it's not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    We know masks mitigate the spread of the virus. Not sure what your point is here, do you believe they don't work?

I asked do you change your mask after touching it?

Maybe they do work, but not the flimsy lycra ones that most people buy in their local supermarket.

Do you believe they work ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »
    No you haven't answered those questions.
    No conspiracy theorist has.

This is because in my opinion the conspiracy theories are false and folks like yourself know they are false.
    Hence the dodging and vagueness and the running away from points.

What baffles me is why you guys keep claiming this stuff when you know it's not true.

And what do you believe?

You believe everything is true?

I asked do you change your mask after touching it?

Maybe they do work, but not the flimsy lycra ones that most people buy in their local supermarket.

Do you believe they work ?

To answer your questions: No. Yes, we know they work.

And where do you get your beliefs and figures off the internet ? :confused:
    I get my facts from respectable news organisations and experts who produce evidence.
    I form my beliefs based in these verifible facts backed up by actual sources.
    And the second sentence, the irony !!! :D:D:D :rolleyes:
    How is it ironic?

Lex there is accusing everyone who doesn't buy what he's parroting off the conspiracy websites he read of being gullible.
    I'm pointing out that's a bit hypocritical of him.

Please explain the irony?

And what do you believe?

You believe everything is true?
    Lol no, I don't believe everything is true.
    That's a very wide and vague question. I don't understand what you're trying to get at.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 The3rdTruth

Yes, it is much more likely. Unless you believe in linguistic miracles where all politicians globally decide to start speaking publicly using the exact same terminology and phrases. The probability that they are all reading of a script is vastly higher than your linguistic miracle theory which stretches the bounds of credulity beyond belief. Its much more likely than your ridiculing of the idea that politicians meeting up and organising a plot, which is not exactly true. They are front men for the money masters who own the nations of the worlds national debt, middle managers in a globalist system, nothing more. These people meet globally multiple times a year through organisations like the Trilateral Commission, Bilderberg Group and the World Economic Forum. He who pays the piper calls the tune. Nothing illogical about that, unless you are determined to stay in ignorance and suffer from severe cognitive dissonance.

• Advertisement

To answer your questions: No. Yes, we know they work.

No ?

Well then, your mask doesnt work effectively.

So, no they dont work.....

No ?

Well then, your mask doesnt work effectively.

So, no they dont work.....

Masks mitigate the spread of the virus. It doesn't mean that everyone who puts on a mask is magically immune. Likewise, washing hands, it doesn't stop the virus, it reduces the chances of getting it.

Masks mitigate the spread of the virus. It doesn't mean that everyone who puts on a mask is magically immune. Likewise, washing hands, it doesn't stop the virus, it reduces the chances of getting it.

"People still die in car crashes even though there's seatbelts in every car.
    Therefore seatbelts don't work and are useless.
    Therefore seatbelts are actually a global conspiracy invovling all police, car manufacturers and probably Soros."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

blackbox wrote: »
    If I was conspiring to control the people, I'd make it illegal to wear masks.

That way, my facial recognition cameras would be better able to keep track of them.

no point in having the masks removed now as the facial recognition system is not up & running...5G isnt rolled out, the backbone isnt ready
    But when it is, then masks will no longer be needed

Maybe I'll wear one then so I dont get facially recognized but it will probably be a crime to wear one then

Have you ever thought of running for election so that you can infiltrate the circle of power, and produce the evidence that is lacking that the vast majority of people need to believe conspiracies like this, as it is nor forthcoming in these threads?

waste of time, if they can manoevre it so Trump doesnt get back in, then I wouldnt stand a chance, even with Superman as my running mate

the point on masks is when there are no regulations on what or who can make them, people constantly touching them

We are now wearing them in the streets (well I'm not), dunno how far they can take this

I get my facts from respectable news organisations and experts who produce evidence.

Can you name all these respectable news organisations?
    Please list them all

no point in having the masks removed now as the facial recognition system is not up & running...5G isnt rolled out, the backbone isnt ready
    But when it is, then masks will no longer be needed

The backbone for what?
    waste of time, if they can manoevre it so Trump doesnt get back in, then I wouldnt stand a chance, even with Superman as my running mate

Whose "they"?
    We are now wearing them in the streets (well I'm not), dunno how far they can take this

Wearing a mask reduces the risk of getting the virus, you seem to be suggesting something else is behind it, what is that?

So. many. questions.

"People still die in car crashes even though there's seatbelts in every car.
    Therefore seatbelts don't work and are useless.
    Therefore seatbelts are actually a global conspiracy invovling all police, car manufacturers and probably Soros."

the thing is I will wear a seatbelt because I know it severely increases my chance of survival if I'm in an accident

Same cant be said of wearing a mask
    if masks work, then why the 6ft?
    if the 6ft works, then why the mask?
    if both work why the lockdown?
    if all 3 work why the vaccine?
    if the vaccine is safe, then why the "no liability" clause?

The backbone for what?

Whose "they"?

Wearing a mask reduces the risk of getting the virus, you seem to be suggesting something else is behind it, what is that?

So. many. questions.

Do you own research, I'm certainly not going to give you all the links and references for the questions you asked

In terms of they? well its been mentioned already. Its a well known fact and he has publicly stated it many times, Klaus Schwab did not want Trump in office and had a campaign going to get Trump out of office
    Trump pulled US funding from the WHO as he saw through it

I'm pretty sure if Clinton got in 4yrs ago we'd be already a few years into these shenanigans

Go digging, you'll come across it, Schwab doesnt seem to hide his feelings

• Advertisement

the thing is I will wear a seatbelt because I know it severely increases my chance of survival if I'm in an accident

Lol

"If seatbelts work, why do cars also have safety features?
    If the safety features work, why are their traffic lights and road rules.
    If the rules and lights work, why do they need traffic police?
    If the traffic police work, why do cars need brakes?"

Can you name all these respectable news organisations?
    Please list them all
    Do you own research, I'm certainly not going to give you all the links and references for the questions you asked
    Go digging, you'll come across it, Schwab doesnt seem to hide his feelings
    Read his book?

Do you own research

These are your claims. If you can't back them up, then there's nothing to discuss.
    In terms of they? well its been mentioned already. Its a well known fact and he has publicly stated it many times, Klaus Schwab did not want Trump in office and had a campaign going to get Trump out of office
    Trump pulled US funding from the WHO as he saw through it

Klaus Schwab is head of an economic forum, not the WHO.

How did Klaus Schwab make Trump lose the election according to you?

Masks, handwashing, social distancing are all measures to reduce the spread of the virus. Keyword: reduce. One on it's own doesn't just "stop" the virus, they work together, and even then the virus still spreads, just at a decreased rate. Lockdown is just an additional set of measures to further reduce the spread of the virus.

When the vaccination becomes available, we'll still have the above measures because vaccinating the population will take time, probably many months before a significant number of people have it. As the virus cases decrease, the measures can decrease.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Who are ‘they’?
    What do ‘they’ have to do with Irish elections, and how do they do it?
    What has Trump losing an election, as acknowledged by those in his party, and the courts, and every logical person have to do with you standing for election in Ireland, where you can explain your views to the population you think is being duped?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Ok.
    That's a bit silly.
    What evidence is there for this "script"?

Is it really? 5-10 years ago you and others would have thought it was silly to think we would spend nearly a whole year and a good chunk of the next year in lockdown over a virus that turned out to have a survival rate of 99.96%. Yet here we are.

Its not by coincidence that Trudeau and other are constantly mentioning a "Great reset" and "Build Back Better". There is a reason for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Do you own research

I love this. Make a few vague unsubstantiated claims and then when asked to explain them just reply with that.

Utter nonsense.

Masks, handwashing, social distancing are all measures to reduce the spread of the virus. Keyword: reduce. One on it's own doesn't just "stop" the virus, they work together, and even then the virus still spreads, just at a decreased rate. Lockdown is just an additional set of measures to further reduce the spread of the virus.

When the vaccination becomes available, we'll still have the above measures because vaccinating the population will take time, probably many months before a significant number of people have it. As the virus cases decrease, the measures can decrease.

so do you think when the vaccine is rolled out and the majority take it, everything will return back to normal?

Can anyone answer this ?

Anyone ?

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Lol

"If seatbelts work, why do cars also have safety features?
    If the safety features work, why are their traffic lights and road rules.
    If the rules and lights work, why do they need traffic police?
    If the traffic police work, why do cars need brakes?"

Lol

thats answered all my questions

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement