Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Build Back Better

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Caraibh

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Yes world leaders have been trying to signal unity, since fcuk whits such as trump have been trying to do the opposite over the last couple of years, there's no conspiracy, just intelligent politics

And as part of the Great Reset, the World Economic Forum wants to build "entirely new foundations for our economic and social systems" and sees this tragedy as the best chance"to instigate stakeholder capitalism". Does it have a mandate to do that? Does it appear that the World Economic Forum cares about the deaths as a result of COVID-19 since it says that all of this is "the best chance"?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,404 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Caraibh wrote: »
    And as part of the Great Reset, the World Economic Forum wants to build "entirely new foundations for our economic and social systems" and sees this tragedy as the best chance"to instigate stakeholder capitalism". Does it have a mandate to do that? Does it appear that the World Economic Forum cares about the deaths as a result of COVID-19 since it says that all of this is "the best chance"?

What exactly are tour fears here? This is the conspiracy forum, whats the conspiracy?

You keep copy/pasting the same things yet can't seem to explain what the conspiracy is and why its so bad.

What exactly are tour fears here? This is the conspiracy forum, whats the conspiracy?

You keep copy/pasting the same things yet can't seem to explain what the conspiracy is and why its so bad.

That they want to replace the present world with their future new normal world. Hence the new for the "entirely new foundations" and Schwab's repeated insistence that the world cannot return to what he calls the "old normal". I'm just wondering what mandate he has to do that.

I don't really know why the Great Reset is in the conspiracy forum. Wouldn't it be a good thing to discuss the "entirely new foundations" and the instigation of "stakeholder capitalism" in the COVID-19 forum?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,989 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That they want to replace the present world with their future new normal world. Hence the new for the "entirely new foundations" and Schwab's repeated insistence that the world cannot return to what he calls the "old normal". I'm just wondering what mandate he has to do that.

I don't really know why the Great Reset is in the conspiracy forum. Wouldn't it be a good thing to discuss the "entirely new foundations" and the instigation of "stakeholder capitalism" in the COVID-19 forum?

Forget about any mandate

Ask yourself if he had the POWER to do that?

Anyone can postulate what life would be like under different financial or political systems.

He is simply an academic who heads up a discussion forum

But hebis right, the world will never return to the "old normal" and believe it or not this will be a good thing.

Why are you scared of that? Do you think there are nefarious reasons for him saying this? How do you see the world in say 10 years and how will it be different to how things are now and why would it be bad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Whether it will happen or not isn't the point. The head of WEF, which is behind the Great Reset, is calling for capitalism to be replaced. The poster claimed there was no evidence of a plan to abolish capitalism.

The head of Timberrrrrrrr is calling for a DB9 for Xmas. It doesn’t mean it is planned or will happen. It means nothing. Anyone can call for anything they wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

what? the wef isnt trying to intentionally fcuk you over, do they have wonky thinking, absolutely, but again, theres no world conspiracy here, you re confusing complex human behavior with conspiracy, again, there is none

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Are you 100% happy with the world at the moment, or as it was just before COVID?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I've read passages.
    Why haven't you read the book though?

You're kind of killing your credibility by refusing to do this.

If I thought that there was an evil plot to take over the world and on of the guys who was part of it wrote a book detailing the plan, it'd be the first thing I read.

Yet you and other conspiracy theorists who are also worried about this plot don't seem all that bothered to read the book.
    Why not?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Forget about any mandate

Ask yourself if he had the POWER to do that?

Anyone can postulate what life would be like under different financial or political systems.

He is simply an academic who heads up a discussion forum

He seems to believe he has the power to do it. And if he doesn't have the power, he definitely has the influence. And look at all the organisations WEF is partners with. Huge corporations and companies.

• Advertisement

But hebis right, the world will never return to the "old normal" and believe it or not this will be a good thing.

Why are you scared of that? Do you think there are nefarious reasons for him saying this? How do you see the world in say 10 years and how will it be different to how things are now and why would it be bad?

But Schwab said it wouldn't as far back as May/June. He knew that the world would never return to normal two months into a pandemic?

My fear, based on a video the World Economic Forum produced recently about the world of work in 2025 in which the characters were all wearing masks, is permanent restrictions on our lives, permanent mask wearing (no evidence anywhere to suggest that that won't be the case) and a permanent new normal.

He seems to believe he has the power to do it. And if he doesn't have the power, he definitely has the influence. And look at all the organisations WEF is partners with. Huge corporations and companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

My fear, based on a video the World Economic Forum produced recently about the world of work in 2025 in which the characters were all wearing masks, is permanent restrictions on our lives, permanent mask wearing (no evidence anywhere to suggest that that won't be the case) and a permanent new normal.

Masks are to curb the spread of the virus, why would everyone be wearing them when there is no virus risk?

You do realise that in places like Asia, before Covid, people chose to wear masks because of a) pollution and b) flu and c) a history of previous infectious diseases. Keyword: chose.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Masks are to curb the spread of the virus, why would everyone be wearing them when there is no virus risk?

You do realise that in places like Asia, before Covid, people chose to wear masks because of a) pollution and b) flu and c) a history of previous infectious diseases. Keyword: chose.

The World Economic Forum seems to envisage a world of permanent mask wearing based on that video about life in 2025.

As long as it's a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The World Economic Forum seems to envisage a world of permanent mask wearing based on that video about life in 2025.

As long as it's a choice.

no they dont, theres vaccines on the way, everyone knows this, including the folk at the wef

Also from the WEF website:

"This is our best chance to instigate stakeholder capitalism."

"We must build entirely new foundations for our economic and social systems."

So they do indeed seem to want to replace capitalism with stakeholder capitalism. Or did I make it up?

They clearly don't see the pandemic as a tragedy, but as an opportunity. Nice guys, aren't they?

It is an opportunity, and we should be using it to make the world a better place, somehow.

You can't (or don't want to) understand any of this and are distorting everything to fit some dystopia fantasy in your head.

https://www.weforum.org/videos/what-will-the-future-of-jobs-be-like

you talking about this video?

its an postulation as to where future jobs may lie. That sall.
    permanent mask wearing (no evidence anywhere to suggest that that won't be the case)
    no evidence of a negative does not mean evidence of a positive.... thats basic logic.
    a permanent new normal
    an oxymoron

nothing stays the same.... nothing !!
    its a 1000% guarantee that things will change after this pandemic.

thats not a conspiracy however.

whilst caraibh seems to have an issue reading the source material

here it is for anyone who is interested

http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_Future_of_Jobs_2020.pdf

You can get the Great Reset really easily for free as well. I got it a few days to have a look. No excuse whatsoever for not reading something you spend longer posting about.

https://www.weforum.org/videos/what-will-the-future-of-jobs-be-like

you talking about this video?

its an postulation as to where future jobs may lie. That sall.

no evidence of a negative does not mean evidence of a positive.... thats basic logic.

an oxymoron

nothing stays the same.... nothing !!
    its a 1000% guarantee that things will change after this pandemic.

thats not a conspiracy however.

Yes, that's the one. Thanks. Note they're all wearing masks in the video.

And now this from the UK: https://mobile.twitter.com/simondolan?prefetchtimestamp=1607087658589

What's the point in getting the vaccine if nothing changes?

• Advertisement

Yes, that's the one. Thanks. Note they're all wearing masks in the video.

they're not though

Screenshot-7.jpg

Screenshot-8.jpg

Screenshot-9.jpg

when they are in a group setting they are, which is what we all have to do now.... and it shows that going from a group setting to online we don't have to wear masks anymore... which is perfectly analogous to the point they are trying to make about promoting remote working.

i serious worry that there is something in your mindset that sees a cartoon of people wearing masks and immediately your mind goes to "we all have to wear masks all the time in the future"

they're not though

Screenshot-7.jpg

Screenshot-8.jpg

Screenshot-9.jpg

when they are in a group setting they are, which is what we all have to do now.... and it shows that going from a group setting to online we don't have to wear masks anymore... which is perfectly analogous to the point they are trying to make about promoting remote working.

i serious worry that there is something in your mindset that sees a cartoon of people wearing masks and immediately your mind goes to "we all have to wear masks all the time in the future"

But if they're wearing them in a group setting in the video about 2025 doesn't that mean that they envisage people wearing them in group settings in the real world in 2025? Do you expect people to wear them in group settings in 2025?

Do you expect people to wear them in group settings in 2025?

enforced ??

absolutely not

and never with a logical explanation as to why.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

and never with a logical explanation as to why.
    The only explanation so far offered is that it is part of the satanic ploy to "dehumanise" people.

But if they're wearing them in a group setting in the video about 2025 doesn't that mean that they envisage people wearing them in group settings in the real world in 2025? Do you expect people to wear them in group settings in 2025?

I remember as a child watching the jetsons, it too was a cartoon based on the future. I'm still waiting for my flying car, jep pack and holiday on the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

basically because people are wearing them because they are being recommended to wear them by their respective governments

5 months ago masks were not reqd, just 2m social distance and hand sanitizing
    now its masks, even outdoors in "crowded areas" but not needed when you are in a restaurant/cafe

How does that make sense?

I remember as a child watching the jetsons, it too was a cartoon based on the future. I'm still waiting for my flying car, jep pack and holiday on the moon.

I remember watching Contagion in 2011 thinking it was total science fiction and that nothing like that could ever happen

Its a reality now so nothings off the table

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    basically because people are wearing them because they are being recommended to wear them by their respective governments

5 months ago masks were not reqd, just 2m social distance and hand sanitizing
    now its masks, even outdoors in "crowded areas" but not needed when you are in a restaurant/cafe

How does that make sense?

Because it wasn't known how effective masks really were at the beginning of this pandemic. Now we have a much better idea.

We've had pandemics before, but one of this scale and this type of unprecedented in modern times, there isn't some magic playbook, it's a learning process. The more data we get, the more we know what works and what doesn't work.

Anyway, if there's some conspiracy here, what's the conspiracy explanation?

• Advertisement

how can masks be effective when there are no regulations on them and people put them on any way they want
    you can make one from any material as long as you cover your face

thats like saying you can use clingfilm or any material, put it on in the dark as a condom and it will help prevent the spread of STI's

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement