Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 10 - Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I realise I'm late to the party but think I'll bring in Chilwell this week, seems to be in the opposition box quite a lot. I have a dud 5th defender at the moment with the cash to upgrade. With Covid around, it's no harm having an extra sub. He can cover Lamptey's suspension too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Barkley to Jota I think

Yeah I was planning on loading up on City with my next few transfers but have to make a plan to get Jota in - hard to see him on the bench the way he is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Defence is in a bit of a mess.... Lamptey, Taylor and Mitchell all problematic (also have Chilwell and Robertson)

Contemplating a hit maybe to bring in Dias/Cancelo and Jota for Anguissa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭eggy81

Plan prior to this weekend was to downgrade robbo to Justin and bring in Kdb for hamez and zyiech for zaha. After that performance might not do it. Might just upgrade Ryan in goals and swap hamez for zyiech and leave kdb. Wasn’t expecting such a complete performance from Liverpool this weekend. Think hamez has to go for certain anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Rodriguez has blanked too many games in a row now and looked too slow in the game against Fulham for my liking so just swapped him out for Jota who is due to rise in price. Looks like Rodriques will drop in value this week as well so may as well make the move early. Read talk of people holding Rodrigues for their next couple of games but Leeds and Burnley might not be as easy as their fixture difficulty rating would suggest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Jota in for Foden
    One free left.
    No City... atm
    Good news on Antonio might get me to hit Kane.
    Ill keep Son.

Had planned on getting KDB in but not sure City are great at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

eggy81 wrote: »
    Plan prior to this weekend was to downgrade robbo to Justin and bring in Kdb for hamez and zyiech for zaha. After that performance might not do it. Might just upgrade Ryan in goals and swap hamez for zyiech and leave kdb. Wasn’t expecting such a complete performance from Liverpool this weekend. Think hamez has to go for certain anyway.

Roll.
    When the lad.... hold.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Wildcarded last week, seriously considering a hit to remove some combination of players to get Salah and maybe Jota in. Could do Bruno and grealish / zaha to Salah, jota. Thoughts? Liverpool in that form cannot be overlooked

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Tough call this week with the presumption that Salah is back for Brighton.

Feels weird to be considering transferring out a player who everyone else is bringing in, but Bruno vs WBA was meant to be a placeholder for a City premium mid (which changed as a placeholder for Salah after the Covid news).

I know it's another 11 point haul for Bruno, but United really struggled to create against a team that has comfortable the highest XG-against in the league. It was a penalty based on the new rules, but it felt a bit of a flukey stroke of luck all the same.

What I'm saying is that it easily could've been a blank for Bruno and an easy decision.

Another option is KDB out for Salah. Or bank, and leave the Salah return for another weekand resturcture funds to have all 3 of the big hitters in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

United have been much better in away games and with two coming up, I'm reluctant to sell Bruno before them. May even captain him against Southampton. Means no Salah until the Fulham game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Salah in for Rashford

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Morzadec wrote: »

Another option is KDB out for Salah. Or bank, and leave the Salah return for another weekand resturcture funds to have all 3 of the big hitters in.

Kdb has one goal in 8 games, yes city have decent fixtures coming up but at what stage do you say that city just aren't firing and the ROMO isn't that big given his low ownership.

In form Salah away to Brighton or out of form KdB at home to Burnely?

We joked at someone having Auba this week - but even he has scored more than KdB and that is saying something.

I've decided to hold. Then I will do Grealish, Vardy to Salah, Bamford. Bamford looked pretty good against arsenal again. Would have Bruno and salah then. Bruno looks the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Kdb has one goal in 8 games, yes city have decent fixtures coming up but at what stage do you say that city just aren't firing and the ROMO isn't that big given his low ownership.

We joked at someone having Auba this week - but even he has scored more than KdB and that is saying something.

It's really tough, I fully expected City to have come good by now, but as you say how long a period before you say it's not form and more so a reflection of where the team is?

Looking at some of the XG/XA numbers there, and Bruno certainly could've hauled higher had his teammates had their shooting boots on. The Rashford miss stands out (I only saw the 2nd half though).

KDB also had good numbers. Aguero might be coming back, and the fixtures are just very very tasty. Maybe I'm being stubborn, but I think a combination of what we've seen these City players do in the past, the fixtures, and the underlying stats persuade me that some familiar City thrashings are close around the corner - I prepped my WC accordingly and I'm not sure if a Mourinho masterclass is enough me to ditch that plan.

I may chance it one week without Salah. Brighton are no mugs and have the 3rd best XG against record at home (small sample size I know but it's something to cling to). I'd be hopeful of at least not a punishing haul.

This would give me an extra week of info and the possible ability to move on downgrade in attack or defence and bring Salah in for Ziyech if Bruno and KDB looked like players I wanted to keep.

We'll see - a lot of midweek football and news to come anyway

Undecided currently but I know it’ll be another -8.

-12 if I also give Maupay the boot he deserves.

Furious that I’m 0.1m off the transfers I’d like to do.

The international break and even the last couple of days must have cost me 0.6-0.8m.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ace2007 wrote: »

I'm a big fan of De Bruyne but he's not on form at the moment. If I didn't have him I don't think I'd bother getting him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

It's the problem most years isn't it, people end up far too loyal to last years players for too long. Starting this season my "rule" for the season was to never sell KDB or TAA. Currently own neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

KDB missed a penalty 2 games ago and had a goal-bound shot stopped by Jesus on Saturday. Yeah City are in a bit of a jock at the moment, but KDB could easily have 20-25 points in the last 2. Seller beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Markx wrote: »
    KDB missed a penalty 2 games ago and had a goal-bound shot stopped by Jesus on Saturday. Yeah City are in a bit of a jock at the moment, but KDB could easily have 20-25 points in the last 2. Seller beware.

Yeah, I thought he looked great vs Spurs, just not getting support from the players around him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Gonna take a gamble and give KDB the armband next week.

Want to get a Leicester midfielder in, cannot afford Vardy without messing up my team so im torn

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Gonna take a gamble and give KDB the armband next week.

Want to get a Leicester midfielder in, cannot afford Vardy without messing up my team so im torn

Gonna do the same, was even tinkering with thought of trip captain, he's overdue a haul and been playing well, just not producing the end products

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

cizolin wrote: »
    Gonna do the same, was even tinkering with thought of trip captain, he's overdue a haul and been playing well, just not producing the end products

Fingers crossed, i wasted my triple captain on Son already, the bollix blanked against West Brom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Markx wrote: »

I thought he was good in the first half vs Liverpool and awful in the 2nd half. I've had him all season too so hoping our patience pays off, I'm just not expecting a big haul mainly due to the rest of the team underperforming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

What is everyone basing the fact the KdB is not in form on?

I think now is prime time to be going after City assets. They are being questioned, their character, ability & even whether they are challengers this season!

I fully expect a response from them coming, might even be an emphatic one.

I’m leaning towards Bruno to Sterling instead of Werner to Vardy.

Werner in the last 4-5 GW’s has been so close to hauling massively! I think the Spurs game could be the one.

Werner has similar numbers to Kane over the last few GW’s too & everyne saying Kane is essential. I don’t know, Werner looks well settled & will start hitting numbers so on that basis Bruno to Sterling for me (waiting til after CL games)

What will be interesting is the team line ups City & Liverpool play this week in CL.

I think both will play weakened teams to give lads a rest cause both are 9 out of 9

Zaha out.

-8 (could become a -12)

Semedo, Podence and Jimenez out

Wildcard has been a complete disaster!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Lamptey to Cancelo post mid weeks

Very skinny bench though

Advertisement