Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

34 Days of back to back snooker begins today !

• 16-11-2020 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

34 days of back to back Snooker starts today 😄

16-22 Nov Northern Ireland Open
    23 Nov - 6 Dec UK Championship
    7 -13 Dec Scottish Open
    14 -20 Dec World Grand Prix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I see Dave Gilbert already out, 1-4 to David Grace. By my count, that's his seventh first round defeat in the 10 ranking events he's played in 2020. Dunno how much of that is down to circumstances but that's a nightmare run for any top player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

anywhere to watch aaron hill lads? ill pay like :)

anywhere to watch aaron hill lads? ill pay like :)

Not on eurosport player i don't think, but all the big bookies sites should be streaming it. Not sure if you actually need to have an account or not though.

i was going to get matchroom but not sure if hes on

Made a bit hard work of the first than he needed but got it done in the end

• Advertisement

Difference between this and the Liang match so palpable. One or two loose shots but Page not able to capitalise, playing well enough anyway for 2-0.

you watching joe?

you watching joe?

Yeah, live stream on betfair website. Should get job done now, mixed performance but page is very poor. Nearly flawless from long porting i think which is good.

i see ,nice one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Shaun Murphy's poor form continues heading to 0-3 down to Ryan Day. Tough draw first round. I'm sure he'll love Milton Keynes at the end of this.

• Advertisement

Page pulls this back to a decider. Looking the stronger here has to be said.

seems like aaron isn't getting any luck at the moment is he?

Very frustrating to lose that. Had a few chances to win it and just became a total grind fest in the end for both. It's all a learning process for him, expectations can't be too high. Just notice on rte sport they mentioned 5 or 6 matches there but nothing about Aaron. Have to beat ronnie again before he gets another mention!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Fergal through to Round 2 after Ken yesterday.

I haven’t seen Aaron Hill play yet, is he seriously talented or is all this interest based on one random win against O’Sullivan?

Referees not wearing face-masks at this tf. Northern Ireland probably not indulging in that rubbish. Proper order too. Mark Allen 2 - 0 up against the sheriff; and he's playing plenty of safety here. Doesn't really need to as Anthony not playing well. Allen always anxious to do well here.

4 - 0 whitewash. Pretty emphatic from Allen. Not much resistance from Hamilton, and Mark ends on 2 centuries.

And the 51yr old amateur Patrick Wallace doing pretty well too; currently 3-1 up, as good as being over the line against Ajaib; looking at the scoreboard.

Nice to see a win for Patrick on his home patch. Not sure the opposition was up to much there, though!

Match was still live looking at scoreboard - 3 ahead Wallace (73 - 70), with black and pink left in frame 5.
    Just over now; Wallace was 30 odd ahead, and on a break - with 43 left. Was 73 - 70 in favour of Wallace. Was like that for about 4 mins. Must've been a lot of safety. Well done the NI man - hope he gets a TV spot.

Nice fluke there helps Ken get it back to 2-3 against Wilson. Playing well enough, still a chance here.

This is good stuff from Ken. Taken it to a decider.

• Advertisement

One loose shot and it's cost him frame and match. Shame but thought he played quite well, game is in decent enough shape at moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Fantastic by Trump. Gets a 147 in the third frame and goes 3-0 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

I haven’t seen Aaron Hill play yet, is he seriously talented or is all this interest based on one random win against O’Sullivan?

He's a talent but very raw.
    Scores well when he gets in among the balls but his safety is too loose for top level snooker.
    He will only improve as he gains more experience on the tour but losing 4-3 from 3-0 up like the other day can't be good for his confidence.
    Time will tell i suppose......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Gutted for Ken he played great there in large parts

Elliott Slessor wishes he could play ronnie every day of the week.

Talent not in doubt. He's been european u/18 champion past 2 years and u/21 champion this year, unquestionably the outstanding junior player this side of the globe past couple of years.

But the leap from junior to senior is huge and while ronnie win was great and a seriously impressive achievement, i worry the downside was increased expectation and pressure. Tour life is incredibly harsh, takes time to adapt. Neither Kyren Wilson nor Neil Robertson made it first time round, in fact Robbo needed three goes before he established himself as a pro iirc. So i just think he needs to be patient, keep learning and working and make sure he's there for the long haul.

Excellent frame of snooker. Slessor was so close to administering a huge sucker punch there. Good match so far.

Great from Ronnie. Good safety, patience and got the biz done when needed.

Ronnie was good but i feel "up there with the best victories of my career" is overegging it just a tad.

• Advertisement

Ronnie was good but i feel "up there with the best victories of my career" is overegging it just a tad.

Missed the interview did he say that?! Good hes taking it seriously I suppose!

Advertisement