Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 Champion of Champions - 2nd-8th November on ITV4

Options

Comments

weemcd wrote: »
    Sublime from Ronnie today. Does he play Allen tonight?

Must be coming up shortly I'd imagine - and the group final tonight..

Not entirely sure - that's been the way all week I think.

weemcd wrote: »
    Sublime from Ronnie today. Does he play Allen tonight?
    Must be coming up shortly I'd imagine - and the group final tonight..

Not entirely sure - that's been the way all week I think.

Misread sorry - Allen has to beat Donaldson first :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Went to make a quick bit of lunch at 1-1 and came back to ads after the match..

Call a rerack Ms Woolaston please!

Stalemate ends - white in baulk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭weemcd

Donaldson had the chance to nick that last frame, Allen on now I'd expect him to go through.

Allen's on for a Max!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Good maxi chance for Allen. But not quite at 104

Good maxi chance for Allen

Unlucky 13 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Ah Mark! Finished too low on the 13th black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Funny thing was after missing it he threw the balls in anger around the table and actuslly potted a red!

Got caught up in that potential Maxi excitement - wonder did Mark Allen 'technically' concede the frame at the end, by hitting the balls with the cue.

Good stuff here tonight. Putting it up to Ronnie

Mark Allen playing some good stuff here, looking very solid. Best I’ve seen him play in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Ronnie seems to be trying to do a Selby here. Very unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

arguing now

What's this all about

This argument is creeping up a lot lately.

Head gone for Ronnie tonight

O'Sullivan is probably out here after his arguing.

• Advertisement

NEEDLE!!

Madness from O’Sullivan to instigate that argument prior to his own shot, always going to affect your concentration.

Great play by Allen. Seems like Ronnie only made 3 or 4 mistakes all night.

Disappointing result but Allen played very well but Ronnie's head must have been gone to miss that last red. Allen cleared up very nicely. Two big semi finals to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭fran38

Ronnie obviously pissed off to be losing so he lashes out. Fair play to Allen to stay calm. It'll be interesting to hear the opinions of both players.

I can't stand Allen myself. But Ronnie was playing poorly after the first few frames. I wonder how valid his complaint was? And how much of it was just Ronnie being Ronnie.

Mark Allen saying he wasn't going to be bullied by Ronnie and the referee told him 'i know you've done nothing Mark but just leave it.' Pretty much slated Ronnie there. Sounds like Ronnie was out of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

If, as ronnie said, this had been happening for a few frames, then why wait so long to raise it and at such a critical point of the match? And the fact he started taking longer on shots instead of dealing with it was pretty immature imo. Happened with John Higgins recently and Higgins dealt with it quickly and in grown up manner. Did think allen was being bit fidgety with logo on his shirt for some reason but can't conceive he was deliberately trying it on. But Ronnie shouldn't have let it fester if it was genuinely bothering him, bottom line for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Mark Allen saying he wasn't going to be bullied by Ronnie and the referee told him 'i know you've done nothing Mark but just leave it.' Pretty much slated Ronnie there. Sounds like Ronnie was out of order.

I saw it there when they replayed it in the studio.. Plus showed post match interviews. Ronnie complained Allen was doing numerous little things constantly to put him off. Taking off his badge etc. So Ronnie started playing shots slow (min per shot) until he felt Mark was quiet.

As you said - Ref was on Allen's side. And Allen's take on it was the Ref said he did nothing wrong. Plus Allen thinks, Ronnie will apologise to him in future.

Allen said it fired him up and made him more determined to win.

Was a great game. Hendry was way off in his pre match prediction said Ronnie would win comfortably.
    I didn't think Allen would win either. I always underestimate him. I think it is because his lack of consistency and odd cue action. But he played great and was on for a 147. Broke down at over 100.

I say fair play to Allen, can't wait until he plays Ronnie again.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

If, as ronnie said, this had been happening for a few frames, then why wait so long to raise it and at such a critical point of the match? And the fact he started taking longer on shots instead of dealing with it was pretty immature imo. Happened with John Higgins recently and Higgins dealt with it quickly and in grown up manner. Did think allen was being bit fidgety with logo on his shirt for some reason but can't conceive he was deliberately trying it on. But Ronnie shouldn't have let it fester if it was genuinely bothering him, bottom line for me.

Looking at the replay of the incident. I think Ronnie has a point. Allen taking off his badge was a bit 'this match is over, I'm going home soon' for me. If he'd done similar earlier in the game Ronnie would be annoyed, but you just never know with O'Sullivan...

Advertisement