Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gastroenteritis experience

Options
  • 29-10-2020 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

I have Gastroenteritis And heliobacter pylori +++. Discovered after an gastroscopy.

+++ might be Polish terminology (I live in Poland) But it’s means quite bad Gastroenteritis. Had an ultrasound aswell and things are fine with my organs.

I’m on antibiotics- Pylera. Something called emanera as well which I think Helps the antibiotics. I’m taking 14 pills a day for most of the week and another week to go.

The reason for thIs post is that the gastroenteritis And this treatment were not particularly dehabilitating. I would have thought this would have been harder. I feel totally normal now On antibiotics. Before the antibiotics it’s was bad at certain days or times but overall not that bad.

So has anyone had treatment for gastroenteritis or pylori which was diagnosed as bad gastroenteritis and the treatment was fine?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mate of mine had an endoscopy recently, found h pylori too, he was complaining of massive acid reflux so perhaps not the same as you. However he also got a lot of antibiotics plus something to protect his stomach and bar feeling more tired than usual for a few days he too recovered very quickly with little to no side effects to report

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭raclle

Is this similar to Gastritis? I got this and ended up in hospital

Lot of vomiting and abdominal pain

Spent a day inside and needed morphine

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Gastritis is stomach inflammation only, sounds nothing like what my friend had (hospital stay, high end pain relief were not required for him)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭raclle

Tbh they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me (which is prob why they kept me in) but they guessed Gastritis in the end. Sent me home after the pain subsided

Advertisement