Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FPL Wildcard Thread 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My FPL season summed up in two gameweeks:

giphy.gif

That's why this week...is wildcard time. 👍

Think I'll be keeping TAA and Digne. I thought the latter had a good game and was threatening. I'm encouraged he had his fair share of set-pieces and even got to take a free with Jamrod on the field. On a different day, he'd have a haul.

Saiss is a definite for me unless he picks up an injury. Might bring in Martinez in goal too instead of McCarthy.

Not sure about Werner. I've a feeling if he blanks against Liverpool there will be a big exodus of his owners despite the fact he has West Brom next week.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

macraignil wrote: »
    Wildcard active! Aubameyang out plus a few other changes. Was all set to get Fernandes in but if Man. Utd. are not on form then there seems to be lots of other options looking good from today's games. First draft of many this week:

Martinez
    Robertson, Saiss, Taylor
    Zaha, Rodriguez, De Bruyne, Salah, Klich
    Jesus, Mitrovic

Ryan, Wilson, Lewis, Mitchell

.5mill still in bank and Mitchell most likely to change unless there is some indication he will keep his place, but he could go up in price tonight. Thinking the way the season is starting there may be little point in investing big in defense this year. Any advice appreciated.

Similar enough to my thinking at the moment.
    Wildcard activated, maybe it’s being a bit reactionary, but not happy with my team’s start and there’s bandwagons to chase and penalty takers to get in.

It means most likely selling one of Taa or Vvd, but even though it’s early days, from the way the season has started, there may be more value to be had in midfield than in defenders, especially with the way some penalties have been awarded so far.

First draft:

Martinez Ryan
    Taa James Saiss Taylor Mitchell
    Salah Kdb Rodriguez Zaha Klich
    Jiménez Dcl Bamford

Could switch James, Zaha and Jiménez to Vvd, Bissouma and Werner?

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome

I thought I was getting somewhere with this last night and now I'm trying to work out how to get Son in. 😂

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 32,823 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Much thinking to be done today, as to whether to push that button today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Pushed the button last night as 3 players looking to drop in price... looking at emi to replace McCarthy in goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

McCarthy Steer

TAA Robbo Shaw Vinagre Mitchell

James KDB Havertz ASM Soucek

Martial Werner Mitro

This is my team at the moment, would you wildcard, feels very very early, but feel structure is wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

So there's absolutely no point spending any of your budget on defenders, right??

McCarthy Steer

TAA Robbo Shaw Vinagre Mitchell

James KDB Havertz ASM Soucek

Martial Werner Mitro

This is my team at the moment, would you wildcard, feels very very early, but feel structure is wrong

The Chelsea/Liverpool game should give you a good indication of how your team is shaping up.

Don't do it unless you feel you have to. I'm very happy to do it this week as my team needs it.

The Chelsea/Liverpool game should give you a good indication of how your team is shaping up.

Don't do it unless you feel you have to. I'm very happy to do it this week as my team needs it.

True, the main reason is I don't want two premium strikers (and that's also the reason I last minute moved out Son/Salah!) or two Liverpool backline

Actually the main reason is I want it to be fun again......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,219 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Has anyone made up a maximum number of pen taker and attacking WB eleven yet?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,823 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rega wrote: »
    So there's absolutely no point spending any of your budget on defenders, right??

I suspect Wolves will continue to provide value together with the attacking ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Looking to reshuffle the cards

Not happy with
    McCarthy (Walton)
    O'Shea (Johnson)
    Adams (Davis)
    And will probably ditch Auba and Egan while I'm at it.

Looking to go to
    Guaita (Button) - had Guaita in drafts all summer and ditched him at the last second for .5m. West Brom look most likely to switch keepers (even faint hope).
    TAA Robertson James (Lamptey Mitchell) - keeping double Pool, Lamptey looks a star, as does James if he gets a run. Mitchell upgrade of fodder.
    Salah KDB Son Klich Podence - Panic sold Son last week, Podence will come in for Soucek
    DCL Wilson (fodder) - Everton on fire. Will hopefully find a 4.5 during the week.

Still has 1.3 in the bank. Could also leave Soucek and get Mitrovic up top instead of fodder

Changes to my starting XI would be
    McCarthy - Egan - Aubumyang - Soucek - Adams
    Guaita - James - Son - Podence - DCL
    ...together with getting 2 playing subs

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Looking to reshuffle the cards

Not happy with
    McCarthy (Walton)
    O'Shea (Johnson)
    Adams (Davis)
    And will probably ditch Auba and Egan while I'm at it.

Looking to go to
    Guaita (Button) - had Guaita in drafts all summer and ditched him at the last second for .5m. West Brom look most likely to switch keepers (even faint hope).
    TAA Robertson James (Lamptey Mitchell) - keeping double Pool, Lamptey looks a star, as does James if he gets a run. Mitchell upgrade of fodder.
    Salah KDB Son Klich Podence - Panic sold Son last week, Podence will come in for Soucek
    DCL Wilson (fodder) - Everton on fire. Will hopefully find a 4.5 during the week.

Still has 1.3 in the bank. Could also leave Soucek and get Mitrovic up top instead of fodder

Changes to my starting XI would be
    McCarthy - Egan - Aubumyang - Soucek - Adams
    Guaita - James - Son - Podence - DCL
    ...together with getting 2 playing subs

Are you set on Wilson? I like the player but he has difficult fixtures ahead and this game against Brighton hasn't shown Newcastle in a great light. Downgrade a player or two and with your funds you might get to an Ings or Jimenez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Just played WC and changed it up completely to get KDB in and get Wilson and ASM out.

Previously was

Martinez
    TAA Roberton Ayling
    Salah ASM Auba Son
    Wilson Mitro Ings

Button KWP Mitchel Bissouma

Now looks like:

Ryan
    TAA Saiss Lamptey KWP
    Salah Jamrod KDB Son
    Jimi Ings

Walton Mitchell Anguissa Davis

Opinions?

Shanee. wrote: »
    Just played WC and changed it up completely to get KDB in and get Wilson and ASM out.

Previously was

Martinez
    TAA Roberton Ayling
    Salah ASM Auba Son
    Wilson Mitro Ings

Button KWP Mitchel Bissouma

Now looks like:

Ryan
    TAA Saiss Lamptey KWP
    Salah Jamrod KDB Son
    Jimi Ings

Walton Mitchell Anguissa Davis

Opinions?

Similar to myself and similar problem that our bench is rubbish, Mitchell likely to be done soon, no gametime for Davis.

Similar to myself and similar problem that our bench is rubbish, Mitchell likely to be done soon, no gametime for Davis.

Yeah im now thinking get rid of Ings to free up some money and maybe get back in Mitro...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Surely Brewster is worth sticking in if you're on a WC and hope he gets a move .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Surely Brewster is worth sticking in if you're on a WC and hope he gets a move .

But if he doesn't or he goes to the championship - you'll be a 14 man team, with no out unless you take a -4. They are so many cheapish players that there is not real need to have a 4.5m player

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Desperation has me looking at this

Guaita nyland
    Saisssl castagne Taylor kwp lamptey
    Salah son jayrod Zaha Costa
    Vardy dcl jimenez

Thoughts?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    But if he doesn't or he goes to the championship - you'll be a 14 man team, with no out unless you take a -4. They are so many cheapish players that there is not real need to have a 4.5m player

Well we should have a good indication of where he is going by Saturday morning. I'd say he'll end up at SheffU, they desperately need a striker.

• Advertisement

Well we should have a good indication of where he is going by Saturday morning. I'd say he'll end up at SheffU, they desperately need a striker.

Yeah i would definately put him in if he moved to Sheffield as he would start every week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Shanee. wrote: »
    Yeah i would definately put him in if he moved to Sheffield as he would start every week

Think he's moving there tomorrow according to twitter

I currently have 3 Liverpool so can't get Brewster until he moves

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Desperation has me looking at this

Guaita nyland
    Saisssl castagne Taylor kwp lamptey
    Salah son jayrod Zaha Costa
    Vardy dcl jimenez

Thoughts?

I would be wary of going without a Liverpool defender. Before long TAA will bang in a free-kick, keep a CS and get 3 bonus and then you'll probably want to tear apart your team to get him back in.

I currently have 3 Liverpool so can't get Brewster until he moves

Davis as a placeholder and get in Brewster if he moves, any time until Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Similar enough to my thinking at the moment.
    Wildcard activated, maybe it’s being a bit reactionary, but not happy with my team’s start and there’s bandwagons to chase and penalty takers to get in.

It means most likely selling one of Taa or Vvd, but even though it’s early days, from the way the season has started, there may be more value to be had in midfield than in defenders, especially with the way some penalties have been awarded so far.

First draft:

Martinez Ryan
    Taa James Saiss Taylor Mitchell
    Salah Kdb Rodriguez Zaha Klich
    Jiménez Dcl Bamford

Could switch James, Zaha and Jiménez to Vvd, Bissouma and Werner?

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome

I currently have the exact same front 8.in fact the only difference is I have gabriel and lamptey where you got Taylor and james. But I did it hoping to catch a double rise. I wonder how much of a run jimmy Dunne will get in that burnley team at 4.0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Rikand wrote: »
    I currently have the exact same front 8.in fact the only difference is I have gabriel and lamptey where you got Taylor and james. But I did it hoping to catch a double rise. I wonder how much of a run jimmy Dunne will get in that burnley team at 4.0

I might make changes to front 8 yet, will see how kdb and Jimenez go tonight. Would like to fit one of Son or Kane in after yesterday’s performance, and with the fixtures they have for the next few weeks.

Kepa is putting me off chancing James, so that position is up for grabs. Dunne might come into thinking as well, depending on how long Tarkowski and others are out injured

Don’t forget to have a plan and know what you’re doing over the next 3-6 GW’s.

I used WC last week and currently set up for a -16 this week.

So don’t be willy or nilly.

Know what you’re doing. Plan plan plan.

Edit - so I’ve basically wanted a different 11 for the first 3 GW’s

Don’t forget to have a plan and know what you’re doing over the next 3-6 GW’s.

I used WC last week and currently set up for a -16 this week.

So don’t be willy or nilly.

Know what you’re doing. Plan plan plan.

Edit - so I’ve basically wanted a different 11 for the first 3 GW’s

Whats gone wrong?

Even without knowing your team I would hold - is set up to be a made seasons with big peaks and troughs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I have Brewster on bench since start in hope this would happen. Would be class if he moved to PL team.

Advertisement