Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Varifocal and polarisation

• 23-08-2020 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

I have 2 pairs of varifocals - one tinted and one clear. They are fantastic but I was wondering could I reduce having to carry around 2 pairs by getting just one polarised varifocal pair? I need to use computer screens, lcd displays, super amoled screens etc Has polarisation come on to allow this? I know that it filters out some lcd screens when you rotate them so it goes black.

For all I know, you mightn't be able to get polarised vaifocals in the first place :D

Am I hoping too much for a one pair catch all solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

If you want to have only one pair of glasses, it is reaction/photochromic lenses that you want (not polarised).
    I have reaction lenses and they go from clear indoors to dark outdoors.
    Can get them in grey (they go black in the sun) or brown, so you can match them to the colour of your frames.
    When I iived in Ireland, I used to get the reaction lenses in Vision Express (has been years, so not sure if the chain is still in business)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Cheers for that, were yours vari-focals? Three lenses in one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Mine are not varifocals.
    Although I know people who do wear varifocals with the reaction/photochromic add-on, so they can be done

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

otnomart wrote: »
    Mine are not varifocals.
    Although I know people who do wear varifocals with the reaction/photochromic add-on, so they can be done

I've polarised varifocal sunglasses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Stheno wrote: »
    I've polarised varifocal sunglasses

Do you wear them all the time? Indoor and outdoor?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Do you wear them all the time? Indoor and outdoor?

All the time outdoors

I've regular polarised varifocals for indoors

I dislike those tinted lenses that change

Advertisement