Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Annual Taxsaver Tickets to be extended by Six Months

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

My card expired the end of May and I’ve been told by our company that I can only get an extension, despite having no need of it. A refund is not an option.

This is because travelsaver take payment over ten months and the last payment was the end of March, despite the ticket being valid for another two months. That is, their existing two months free condition is kicking in. I’ll follow up with taxsaver when I get a chance as they appear to be offering refunds under certain circumstances, and it only seems fair that two months where the bus could not be used should be refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭labrik

My taxsaver finished at the end of June. When I read my card on the leap card app or logged into leap account about two weeks ago, it still had that ticket (July 1st 2019 to June 30th 2020) listed as an expired ticket. Last week it isn't listed. I rang Taxsaver today and they said a new one should be available for collection according to an email they just got but I'm not sure. travelling to work tomorrow. Don't know whether to drive or chance it. I live in Portlaoise and there is no validator according to staff. I'd have to wait until I exit at Heuston. All seems a bit vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

My Dublin Bus taxsaver is Jan-Jan. Does this mean I'll get 6 months free added on from Jan 1st 2021 when it renews? I've been in and out of the office since March a day or two every week, so assume they'll see activity on my account and not grant me the 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Mine expires Monday, HR in my org put us under pressure to renew by August 11 as Irish Rail wanted the cash.
    I emailed to cancel as the present timetable doesn’t work but now I see this and also see the timetable has been slightly enhanced.
    I guess now I could try the existing ticket next week and see what happens.
    I know the Unions we’re putting pressure on the NTA for a resolution but the NTA were ignoring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Still no update to my card that expired 1 July,

Anyone else get updated yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭billyhead

Not yet.

Still no update on my card that expired July 1st. Drove to work today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

billyhead wrote: »
    Not yet.
    labrik wrote: »

If you're all waiting for Dublin Bus tickets have you gone to a PayZone outlet? Mine was showing as ready to collect last Friday - may have been before that as I didn't check - and I collected on Monday. Now showing on my Leap account with the six months extension although haven't needed to use it yet.

I have checked using the top up app?

My expired ticket shows up on it but no sign of anything else.

Collie D wrote: »
    If you're all waiting for Dublin Bus tickets have you gone to a PayZone outlet? Mine was showing as ready to collect last Friday - may have been before that as I didn't check - and I collected on Monday. Now showing on my Leap account with the six months extension although haven't needed to use it yet.

An annual Irish rail is my ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It's meant to be from 01/09 so even if updated today it wouldn't have been valid

Where did people here it's starting on September 1st for those whose ticket has expired? I haven't seen this anywhere e.g. taxsver website FAQs, NTA website. I was told on the phone by the tax saver Irish rail it should be available from Tuesday August 25th but it's not the case as others on here have experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rye Bread

L1011 wrote: »
    It's meant to be from 01/09 so even if updated today it wouldn't have been valid

Mine expired July 1st, but new extended ticket was added to my app. Have been using it all week. This is for Dublin Bus annual.

The ticket shows as active and running until Jan 1st.

It's only the Irish Rail tickets that haven't been extended.

billyhead wrote: »
    It's only the Irish Rail tickets that haven't been extended.

And I rang the taxsaver Irish rail information section and they said they should be ready for collection on Tuesday but they haven't. When I emailed them about this they said you need your admin at work to action it. My HR know nothing about this and are saying it should be automatic when you use the entry or exit. Very confusing.

And I rang the taxsaver Irish rail information section and they said they should be ready for collection on Tuesday but they haven't. When I emailed them about this they said you need your admin at work to action it. My HR know nothing about this and are saying it should be automatic when you use the entry or exit. Very confusing.

Tbh. It's a joke that nobody has a clue.

Still nada here with multi operator ticket that expired 1 July. DUBBUS/LUAS/DART/RAIL

I wrote to Conor Pope a few weeks back as well as the NTA and the Minister for transport, heard nothing.
    Going to email Conor Pope again, livelahn is a last resort.

Big headlines on announcement yet nothing done, what a shambles, but i guess it is all acceptable now...due to COVID...

I've just checked my leap card account and my ticket is waiting collection. I've scanned my leap card on the app on my phone and it is not on it but according to the leap account I have to collect it at DART / Commuter Rail - Any Validator / Gate / Ticket Machine by 01/01/2020.

Jumping jack in the box. Working from home until next wednesday. I'll see then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I see I also have a ticket awaiting collection "collect by 1/1/2021" despite having told our HR to cancel my ticket back in June (it expired end of June).

On the ticket awaiting collection it for ticket type it states: Annual TaxSaver Point to Point. It doesn't state the station of origin. Mine was Portlaoise to Dublin City Centre. So it was Irish rail to Heuston then i could take the 145 or 90 to city centre or Luas from Heuston to any station to Connolly. Wondering if this means the ticket is valid everywhere or will it state the station to station when I collect it?

I happened to get a dart yesterday and ticket was added.

So people who have a multi ticket, don't go by your app, head to an Irish Rail ticket machine and hopefully it is there.

And it is valid right away

The app has the extension on it, tried at an RVP yesterday and it still had the same expiry date but worked none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I sent in form to have mine cancelled and to get refund for the 6 months.
    Just have a Dublin bus ticket.
    Not likely to need again til next year so 6 month extension a bit pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭puma90

Cancelled my taxsaver leap card over a month ago. How do they pay you back the refund, through your wages is it? Will it be taxed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

I've just come across this thread. My annual taxsaver is for LUAS/Irish Rail/Dublin Bus and it expired on 1st May 2020. I've downloaded the LEAP Top Up App, but it says my card is expired and I see no option on the app to apply for this free 6 months. Can anyone advise on how I get these 6 months?

There's a train station 5 minute drive from where I live. Do I have to go there to get it? What do I need to do in advance of going there? Do I need to get it off a human or through a machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Chivito550 wrote: »
    I've just come across this thread. My annual taxsaver is for LUAS/Irish Rail/Dublin Bus and it expired on 1st May 2020. I've downloaded the LEAP Top Up App, but it says my card is expired and I see no option on the app to apply for this free 6 months. Can anyone advise on how I get these 6 months?

There's a train station 5 minute drive from where I live. Do I have to go there to get it? What do I need to do in advance of going there? Do I need to get it off a human or through a machine?

If there is a ticket for your card, you should be able to get it loaded on at any Luas or Irish Rail TVM, no action required on your part other than to drop the card into the holder on the machine and let it update.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Has anyone received a refund on their annual ticket from April yet?

I have a luas card, HR seem in the dark and just saying that travelhub are processing it...

Advertisement