Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aer Lingus voucher

Options
  • 21-07-2020 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Is anyone still waiting for their aer Lingus voucher for a flight. I applied on March 25th and still nothing. Some friends who applied after me got theirs in 5 weeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

There doesn’t seem to be any particular chronological order to the queue.

I applied for mine around the same date as you, as did a friend. He got his in April, I got mine at the end of June. Another friend applied at end of April and got his a couple of weeks before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I'm still waiting since March 23rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Still waiting since late March.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Glad I'm not the only one! Hope we get sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

I applied end of March, flights were supposed to be going in May. Got the voucher last week.

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed I'll get mine soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

You need to keep ringing them

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Applied 20th March, flight was supposed to be 3 days later. No sign still. Have called them alright, but would calling repeatedly really make a difference?

I was told it was being "expedited" over 6 weeks ago after holding for 40 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,080 ✭✭✭mada999

Still havent got mine... didnt even get a notification saying that i applied for a voucher...did anyone else ?

I still haven't received my voucher but I did get an email to say they had received my application for voucher. Might be worth checking it out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Lovenova

mada999 wrote: »
    Still havent got mine... didnt even get a notification saying that i applied for a voucher...did anyone else ?

I'd contact them. After I made first application for vouchers I rang them maybe 4 weeks later and they said that they hadn't got my original application - made second application and got an almost instant email confirming receipt of application. Still no vouchers received

I appreciate the pressure they are under but even their web information is far less than helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭glwaymiko

Does anyone know, if I can exchange my voucher received in June for a refund..

Have you received the voucher yet? I'm still waiting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭glwaymiko

Yes I have received voucher ,

Sorry I meant to post that question to another person. I doubt if they'll let you exchange for a refund though!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 OnDeBanks

Still waiting too for a flight in late March. I raised it with them in May:
    "I am sorry to learn that you have not received any further correspondence, since you submitted your voucher request form. I would like to apologise for the disappointment caused as a result.
    We are currently in receipt of an extremely high volume of voucher requests, which we are endeavouring to work through as quickly as possible.
    You will receive further correspondence in relation to your voucher request in due course.
    We thank you for your continued patience at this time.
    I hope you are keeping well."

Emailed them again early July with my case number, no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Finally got word from them last week, was expecting it to be the voucher. NOPE.

(voucher applied for 20th March, flight was to be on 22nd March)

"We’re sorry for the delay in getting back to you – this is due to the unprecedented number of voucher requests we’ve received in recent months.

Unfortunately, our systems can’t process a voucher in the currency of payment. However, we can send you a voucher in euro. If you’re happy to receive a voucher in euro, please forward this email to us at: GuestQueries@aerlingus.com."

Seriously. 21 weeks later, that's how far the voucher request has gotten?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Eldrew

Hi All - I was due to travel at beginning of June but applied for voucher on May 7th and got confirmation email straight back saying my booking was now cancelled and my voucher would be with me shortly. Have heard nothing since - should I be concerned? No rush as I'm not going anywhere any time soon but want voucher confirmed.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Still waiting for mine as well - applied in March. Does anyone know what the best way to contact them about it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Owenzy31

Yep received them by email this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

I’ve just been advised that my October flight to Faro has been changed by around 10 hours and that I can apply for either a voucher or a refund. Given current uncertainty about travel, my inclination is to cancel the flight and re-book closer to the date if things ease up to the point where travel there is deemed safe.

I was planning to take a voucher because I don’t want to add to the financial pressure that Aer Lingus must be feeling right now. But reading this thread makes me feel that it would make a lot more sense to ask for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rainagain

I use Twitter to DM them. I had applied for a voucher in May for a flight due to depart 1 Aug. On 31 July I got an email in relation to the flight, got on to Aer Lingus and they said they hadn't received the voucher request.

I got the auto-reply email when I applied for the voucher. Aer Lingus said if I had entered any info incorrectly on the voucher request then it wouldn't have gone through. I pointed out I have no way to prove that I did or didn't put in correct info, as their auto-reply contains no info about my request. Crappy system, as until 31 July I had no reason to believe my request hadn't been received by them.

Still waiting on the voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

abff wrote: »
    I’ve just been advised that my October flight to Faro has been changed by around 10 hours and that I can apply for either a voucher or a refund. Given current uncertainty about travel, my inclination is to cancel the flight and re-book closer to the date if things ease up to the point where travel there is deemed safe.

I was planning to take a voucher because I don’t want to add to the financial pressure that Aer Lingus must be feeling right now. But reading this thread makes me feel that it would make a lot more sense to ask for a refund.
    Go with the refund, at least they are doing those properly.
    I had a flight booked for Sept, they cancelled it 1/8, got refund 11/8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Got mine today after 5/6 weeks' wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I was due to fly in mid May, requested voucher in the beginning of May, still waiting. I asked for an update twice, but just got standard responses that I'll get it in the next few weeks. It seems really random, some people get theirs within 2 months and others are still waiting since March.

abff wrote: »

Just wondering if there's any point in following up with Aer Lingus in relation to my refund request. Any idea how long it's likely to take for them to issue the refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 OnDeBanks

This is on their website now:
    Refund & Voucher Processing
    We have received an unprecedented volume of refund and voucher requests since the Covid pandemic caused the cancellation of flights. In excess of 90% of the requests received have been processed.

Our team continue to work hard to clear the remaining requests. We expect to have all requests received up to the end of July cleared by end September.

Requests received in August will be processed following that. We appreciate your patience during these challenging times.

Thanks OnDeBanks

Looks like I'll be waiting at least a couple of months before my refund is processed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Still waiting since 25th March. Luckily I have the patience of Job.

• Advertisement

Still waiting since 25th March. Luckily I have the patience of Job.

That sounds as if it might have gone astray. Definitely worth a follow up, in my opinion.

Advertisement