Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championship Qualifiers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

The wheels are starting to fall off with Heathcote.
    A few wayward shots creeping in
    Vital he wins the next frame if he's gonna win the match.

Sickener for Jimmy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,873 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Fergal 3-1 against Brecel. Looks like he's dictating the flow of the game. Half way there!

Fergal is 4-2 up now. It would be a really unlikely win. Is anyone watching it? What kind of game is it? Fergal just got a 79 break. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

No pics but fergal just stolen frame to go 5-2 ahead. Obviously playing well. I dont see it as all that unlikely. Fergal is a fighter and can up his game under pressure, Brecel is young and talented but a bit brittle. Thats why he's not top 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

The Heathcote Carter game was entertaining. I hadnt seen or heard of heathcote before but he showed some steel to finish off carter.

Couple of quick frames to Luca. 5-4. Hope fergal can get over the line.

• Advertisement

Jaysus 60 point lead and got mugged somehow. Gone to decider now.

Brecel needs a snooker. Hopefully no more drama.

And gets over the line. Nervy one in the end but no matter. Just Liang Wenbo between him and a return to the crucible. Another ok opponent I'd say, good to watch but flaky as hell. Eminently winnable.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭jams100

Have both Fergal and Ken secured their cards for next year now?

jams100 wrote: »
    Have both Fergal and Ken secured their cards for next year now?

Neither as of yet. Both outside top 64 cut off point as things stand. Top 32 finish probably suffice but it's really tight and impossible to call. Also a further chance on the one year list but that could go anyway. Just keep winning matches is only way to be sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Interested as to how Fergal won a frame 37-29. Must have been a quality one!

Ken 1-2 down, very scrappy match, threw second frame away with chance to go 2-0 up. Seemed to start well but standard quickly dropped. Hopefully can dig in and fight, king looks poor too.

Ken 3-1 down now. Decent 60 break for Ken there. Pity he didn't kill off the frame but great lead.

Edit. King snatched that frame. So its 4-1 to king now

Black off the spot missed at 60-0 and he loses it :(

Disaster. Bit unlucky with the safety shot, gotta hurt.

Thought there was a handy snooker for ken off that red there but he didnt appear to think so!

Looked like massive fluke for king to start that break though didnt see any acknowledgment. Hard to see a way back from here.

Ken potting some great single balls buy also making too many mistakes and King is doing a good job of punishing them.

Massive let off after missing another frame ball. 3-5. Still in it.

End of the road for Ken I'm afraid. No excuses on the day, just didnt play well enough. Not sure where he goes from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭jams100

End of the road for Ken I'm afraid. No excuses on the day, just didnt play well enough. Not sure where he goes from here.

World Championship :p

Just in a different capacity

• Advertisement

Joe Perry losing the rag on other live table. Not sure I've ever seen that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Joe Perry losing the rag on other live table. Not sure I've ever seen that before.

It was about Clarke "distracting" Perry with his towel ???

I didn't see much in it myself
    and Perry was under pressure throughout that match.

Gentleman Joe :pac:

Didn't see it either; was flicking through the channels.

Saw the end of the frame, and he was talking to Clarke. Comms said he was explaining himself or apologising - something like that. Repeat on Eurosport 1 now. 3-2 to Clarke and Joe well up with 2 reds left. Think it's this or the next frame it happens. Have it on record.

Former World Champ Graeme Dott cruises past David Grace 6 - 0.

ebbsy wrote: »
    It was about Clarke "distracting" Perry with his towel ???

I didn't see much in it myself
    and Perry was under pressure throughout that match.

Yeah, wasnt deliberate and got the feeling perry was in a huff as much because he just wasnt playing well. Clarke did well to hold his nerve and close match out in the circumstances.

Gentleman Joe :pac:

Didn't see it either; was flicking through the channels.

Saw the end of the frame, and he was talking to Clarke. Comms said he was explaining himself or apologising - something like that. Repeat on Eurosport 1 now. 3-2 to Clarke and Joe well up with 2 reds left. Think it's this or the next frame it happens. Have it on record.

Former World Champ Graeme Dott cruises past David Grace 6 - 0.

Joe is probably the closest thing to a shock in the qualification rounds so far.

Would love to see Dott get through. I always like him. He can still be excellent on his day. He seems to feel every bad shot more than most payers. I'd say his self-talk is abysmal.

Just seen it there - frame 7 it was.

I think Joe was right. He was going for maybe an 8/10 midrange pink into yellow pocket.

Clarke shouldn't have been moving around imo - pretty sure he was in Perry's line of vision.

Fergal on the live schedule tomorrow 1pm. Good news.

Huge let off for Fergal there, would have been a bodyflow losing that frame after Wenbo needing snookers.

He's staying well in the match. If he can get back to 3-3 then it's already a decent performance. He's done himself proud.

Ah damn it. It's 4-2.

• Advertisement

Should have been level but let that frame slip. Frustrating cos Liang has been missing loads but not being punished sufficiently.

Advertisement