Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone make sense of this dream

• 04-04-2020 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

I had a dream last night that hasn't sat well with me all day. I think it was a nightmare.

I walked into my sitting room. My husband was sitting on the couch with a girl.

She was dressed all in black. Jeans t-shirt open zipped hoodie and converse runners.

I asked my husband who she was and he said oh she is fine, she is nice.

She never introduced herself to me but stared at me. Next thing she had her arm looped in his and my husband began to sob crying saying help me please.

At this point I said get her out of the house, she is the angel of death. She smirked at me. My husband continued sobbing and asking for help. I woke up in a sweat.

It has literally being freaking me out all day. I told my husband and he even said he was freaked by it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭JoChervil

cruais wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that hasn't sat well with me all day. I think it was a nightmare.

I walked into my sitting room. My husband was sitting on the couch with a girl.

She was dressed all in black. Jeans t-shirt open zipped hoodie and converse runners.

I asked my husband who she was and he said oh she is fine, she is nice.

She never introduced herself to me but stared at me. Next thing she had her arm looped in his and my husband began to sob crying saying help me please.

At this point I said get her out of the house, she is the angel of death. She smirked at me. My husband continued sobbing and asking for help. I woke up in a sweat.

It has literally being freaking me out all day. I told my husband and he even said he was freaked by it.

I think he needs your love and support. He connects with his emotions and feelings and is petrified with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

JoChervil wrote: »
    I think he needs your love and support. He connects with his emotions and feelings and is petrified with it.

Thanks for that! It was such a powerful dream. Still isn't sitting well with me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭JoChervil

cruais wrote: »
    Thanks for that! It was such a powerful dream. Still isn't sitting well with me

When we decide (or are forced) to connect with our feelings and emotions, the first which are coming out are those we suppressed, so the worst ones. We cover them with a polished "nice" ones, hence the girl was "nice" first. And your husband tried to convince you about it. But when we can't keep this lead any longer bad emotions will start surfacing. Therefore it is scary. And can be difficult. For both of you. But getting through it is worth doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

i think it was just a dream

Advertisement