Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

That's feckin awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Grand shelf for the pint! Lovely car dar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

OSI wrote: »
    Only the 3rd 850 R I’ve seen in this country. Only wagon to, oddly. Childhood memories of whiplash and terror are all rushing back :pac:
    Ha ha did your father have one? This is an 850 T-5R, they were made only in 1995 and then the 850R came out in 96/97

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭hooch-85

That's cool Dar. By any chance did I buy a B8 A4 TFSi off you about 5 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

This is it wrote: »
    Might try borrow one and give it a go, cheers.

I have it about 10 months so I hope not :D I'm thinking of swapping it out after I renew the NCT though.

Thought it was this one. Remembered the towbar on it

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/08-mercedes-benz-c180/23722320

• Advertisement

hooch-85 wrote: »
    That's cool Dar. By any chance did I buy a B8 A4 TFSi off you about 5 years ago?

You did, I recognize your username alright.

dar_cool wrote: »
    You did, I recognize your username alright.

Haha that's gas. Whatever happened the mad Toyota you bought? I sold the A4 to a mate who had it for a few years after. It was a good car. Bought a new Fiesta ST after that, then a mk7 GTD and now in a Golf R. I think I'll be keeping this one!

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Haha that's gas. Whatever happened the mad Toyota you bought? I sold the A4 to a mate who had it for a few years after. It was a good car. Bought a new Fiesta ST after that, then a mk7 GTD and now in a Golf R. I think I'll be keeping this one!

I sold it about a year after. Was great in theory but couldn't leave it anywhere and was always paranoid about it. Ah that's good about the A4. Yeah I seen your posts about your Golf R. Looks like a beast. Best of luck with it.

Thanks, still getting my bearings with it but very impressed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That 850R looks very similar to the one Jame May drove on the Top Gear Africa special a good few years back:

850r-1.jpg

• Advertisement

That episode made me physically sick. In years to come when they are worth a bit that episode will be banned. Mine is a T-5R which has the 5 spoke wheels. 850R have different wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Always liked them....

Always loved getting to drive a Volvo as they were proper sleepers....

Not all of course but use to get to drive lot in the trade and loved the turbo and power

• Registered Users Posts: 17,391 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I learned to drive in a Volvo 340 back in the day... and when I say learned to drove...I mean I learned how to do 70mph in a field and pull the handbrake. Always had a soft spot for them and always wanted one for real but it’s so hard get a “performance” one. The one above is perfect but so expensive!!

I had a 1990 240GL had some great craic in it for a good few weeks of a summer on the farm....

Took over 2 fields, absolutely destroyed them but it just kept going, kept it going with old used oil, rear wheel drive was such a laugh too.

Pity a tree ended her life a little too early.... Don't know where it came out of but ramming a siera didn't help...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Thought it was this one. Remembered the towbar on it

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/08-mercedes-benz-c180/23722320

Ha, well spotted but mines the 2.1 twin turbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

So we've only gone and bought a Skoda! A "lengthy" 10-12 week wait for collection but can't wait, never owned new before.

advertsfox wrote: »
    So we've only gone and bought a Skoda! A "lengthy" 10-12 week wait for collection but can't wait, never owned new before.

What model and spec...

Can't beat new car smell....

What model and spec...

Can't beat new car smell....
    Was gonna wait until it arrived but sure feck it, the pics will be come eventually.

2020 Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG 150bhp. Went for the Style specification with additional 19" Crater wheels, Comfort Pack (Leather + heated front seats) and an electronic boot!

Tiguan being traded in against it, same garage that we got it (well next door) so they looking after us.

Was gonna wait until it arrived but sure feck it, the pics will be come eventually.

2020 Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG 150bhp. Went for the Style specification with additional 19" Crater wheels, Comfort Pack (Leather + heated front seats) and an electronic boot!

Tiguan being traded in against it, same garage that we got it (well next door) so they looking after us.

Nice

Nice
    Cheers man, said to myself if I ever went new... I'd make sure it was anti paddy spec and mandatory automatic.

All well and good for the missus and the (soon to be 2) kids, I'll be in my Corsa to work during the week so it's more like a weekend car for me.

• Advertisement

Cheers man, said to myself if I ever went new... I'd make sure it was anti paddy spec and mandatory automatic.

All well and good for the missus and the (soon to be 2) kids, I'll be in my Corsa to work during the week so it's more like a weekend car for me.

Oh no I couldn't get out of that and into a Corsa... No offense....

Oh no I couldn't get out of that and into a Corsa... No offense....
    Hahaha none taken mate but I'm just happy that the kids and the missus are in the big safe new motor. My drive to work is only 15 minutes so it barely even gets warm in the cab.

Hahaha none taken mate but I'm just happy that the kids and the missus are in the big safe new motor. My drive to work is only 15 minutes so it barely even gets warm in the cab.

Ok then that's bearable....

If it were a commute is be like hell no.... You take the Corsa to herself ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Can barley see them but I got a set of Heko window visors fitted yesterday, it will probably be the only exterior mod I'll ever do. Loving the 320d power but would love a bit more, the auto box puts it out lovely though. Jumping between mine and the aul fellas I think his must of had a minor re-map by a previous owner at some stage, feels more nippier like a small petrol in the low rev range.

20200105-230128.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Same engine/box as I have in the Ateca,
    You wont regret buying the petrol one.:cool:
    Look forward to the pics.

Took a spin into Limerick Cars and Coffee Sunday after giving the car a good scrub. Great turn out as always but a bigger one this month, I think a lot of people are embracing dry January! I was really surprised at the attention the car gets, maybe its not as understated as I thought.

A young lad with a fancy camera took this pic, managed to track me down and send it onto me couple of hours after the meet, kinda scary how easy he found me.
    499311.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

499363.jpeg

Only 80HP more then your Golf Hooch and a much bigger Tax bill! Paint was flat as fcuk on this when I bought it but I'm working on it all the time. Thought hard about exporting it but taxed it for another 3 months last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

If you're ever willing to sell hit me a pm ^ ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

CvbJWdP.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

9-CD8-C3-F1-0981-49-EB-A1-D3-38-F80-CED6-A59.jpg

Advertisement