Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Volbeat/Baroness and Danko Jones- Fri 4th Oct Olympia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Craazysteve

Jofspring wrote: »
    Sadly I can't make the concert this Friday. Absolutely raging, I'm just hoping this gig and the one last year doesn't mean a long wait for another Irish concert with two so close.

I have two standing tickets available if anyone is interested. I know they are still on sale so willing to let the two go for €80. They cost €103 all in.

If you only manage to sell one, I might be interested in buying the other one. I've no interest in Volbeat to be honest, I want to see Baroness, but paying full price to see a support length set, presumably with "support band sound" doesn't appeal really. PM me if you want to do a deal, but you're probably better off selling the two together I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Gigs should be good at his stage

Once the bands and all the gear are on the isle

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Gigs should be good at his stage

Once the bands and all the gear are on the isle

Band and gear arrived over 10 hours ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Baroness visited the Giants causeway earlier today anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭yknaa

Sadly I can't make the concert this Friday. Absolutely raging, I'm just hoping this gig and the one last year doesn't mean a long wait for another Irish concert with two so close.

I have two standing tickets available if anyone is interested. I know they are still on sale so willing to let the two go for €80. They cost €103 all in.

Maybe pop them up on toutless.com?

Bit early for stage times yet I'm guessing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

yknaa wrote: »

Maybe pop them up on toutless.com?

Bit early for stage times yet I'm guessing?

Have them up there, nice one.

Can't wait for tomorrow in the Olympia

Doors 6pm
    Danko Jones 6.30-7pm
    Baroness 7.30-8.30
    Volbeat 9pm

1 ticket sold so if anyone is stuck for one then give me a shout.

Enjoy the gig everyone.

All over Twitter they walked off stage

Just saw that. Saying due to technical issues. A venue problem maybe because I saw on Instagram they did all their sound checks earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,098 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

There's a video of it. Was it his voice?

Just reading through twitter. Not good from Volbeat. People saying issues within the band as Baroness and Danko played no problem.

**** they will prob cancel Dublin now

Hotel room is non refundable so will have to find something else to do now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

As long as Baroness play in some shape or form then all good, they're the sole reason I'm going.

As long as Baroness play in some shape or form then all good, they're the sole reason I'm going.

Nah Volbeat are the only reason I'm going to this

Heartbreaking esp to hear its cancelled at such sort notice (if it's to be the case). Doesn't sound too good looking at the comments on this post

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3LDtLVhm3E/?igshid=6ou3lzw64ljj

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

If it's going to be cancelled hope it'll be before 2pm when I'll be heading up from the wesht for it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Although it is a sh1tty thing to happen,it is a valid reason,i know from personal experience that a bad in-ear mix can lead you to blowing your voice very easily....i just dont understand how it couldnt be fixed with the high end gear they have for it,they have a back up for everything they need!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,098 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dozyart wrote: »
    Although it is a sh1tty thing to happen,it is a valid reason,i know from personal experience that a bad in-ear mix can lead you to blowing your voice very easily....i just dont understand how it couldnt be fixed with the high end gear they have for it,they have a back up for everything they need!

Seems strange with the support bands not having issues. Seeing the setlist was a few songs shorter than previous gigs is lousy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,780 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote:
    Nah Volbeat are the only reason I'm going to this

Danko Jones are worth seeing, enjoy the gig folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I only bought a ticket last week as I wasn't even aware they were playing :o

Anybody any info on if its going ahead or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭yknaa

What a pain - managed to miss the last Olympia gig due to a family illness and the ticket went to waste! Fingers crossed for tonight. Gah!!!

yknaa wrote: »
    What a pain - managed to miss the last Olympia gig due to a family illness and the ticket went to waste! Fingers crossed for tonight. Gah!!!

Olympia doesn't open til 10.30am

Heading up to dublin at 11am but to late to cancel everything now

Anything else worthwhile on up there tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Craazysteve

Olympia Theatre official twitter confirmed they're loading in now and gig is going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Olympia doesn't open til 10.30am

Heading up to dublin at 11am but to late to cancel everything now

Anything else worthwhile on up there tonight?

3ccrz8.jpg

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

Olympia Theatre official twitter confirmed they're loading in now and gig is going ahead.

Good news but wont relax til the first song is played fully

Hopefully the in ear issues will be sorted, they should be familiar with the sound in the Olympia as they only played there last year

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ts_editor

Here you go, the entire Belfast gig:

No soundcheck pics or vids up today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭aj89

MCD just released more production tickets, so assume all things go!

Advertisement