Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The iconics are hysterical together and great characters but there not great in the ring to be put it kindly them and even regressed since NXT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

I honestly don't think WWE want any of their stars becoming too big.
    The company is making more money than it ever has and virtually none of their current full time wrestlers are known outside the wrestling bubble. WWE itself is the star now. That's why we'll see anyone who gets too big have the legs cut out from under them.
    Either that, or there are genuinely stupid people running the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

J. Marston wrote: »

They must be exhausting to interview.

i've heard that Billie is supposed to be going out with Big E. If true, that is one fun relationship. neither playing the straight role.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

ERG89 wrote: »
    Because I have watched WWE TV for long enough to know that after these title wins they often have no clue what to do next. Longevity is a big weakness after they do their "WrestleMania moments".

This kinda highlights the lack of care and long term booking

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/125606/wwe-is-looking-for-help-with-storyline-continuity-.html?p=1

So you’re criticising them for what you anticipate them doing and don’t see how crazy that is before you type?

Imagine your boss in work called you into the office and disciplined you for something they ‘knew’ you were going to do. Would you think that was a sane position to have? :pac:

They also hadn’t had women main event Mania or a fully African-American hold their main men’s title. Both happened this week. Maybe hold off and criticise them for stuff they actually do rather than having an argument with what you imagine will happen. You’re literally fighting with yourself then.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I preferred Becky a few months back when she wasn’t constantly placating the fans and playing up to them.. time will tell how it goes with her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Did Whatculture's Simon Miller stick around after his AMA a while back?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Lithium93_ wrote: »

I like Miller but some of those whatculture lads are almost unlistenable. And what happened with them and bullet club??

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lithium93_ wrote: »

He had to stop AMA it was the time he got injured in the ring.

They closed it said they would try to get him back at a later date if memory serves.

He is the only likeable lad really on WhatCulture and the other break off one.

Joe is the only real heel champion in the WWE right now and the only person not to lose a title this last weekend.

Babyfaces everywhere.

Some will say the The IIconics are heels however I'm not sure what they are meant to be there stick is just flat no reaction either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

In just under 10 years since Sheamus made is debut on the main roster (June '09) Irish wrestlers have has some decade in the WWE.

The groundbreaking Sheamus,

1 X King of Ring.

1 X Royal Rumble winner.

1 X Money in the Bank winner.

2 X US Champion.

5 X Tag champion 1 X RAW & 4 X Smackdown.

1 X World Heavyweight Champion.

3 X WWE Champion

Sheamus is without a doubt the most successful Irish wrestler of all time.
    Finn has done a bit. Can't say he hasn't but in another example if you were to compare sheamus and Finn's bank balance there would be significant difference I reckon.

• Advertisement

Sheamus is without a doubt the most successful Irish wrestler of all time.
    Finn has done a bit. Can't say he hasn't but in another example if you were to compare sheamus and Finn's bank balance there would be significant difference I reckon.

im not so sure there finn was on good money in Japan and hes merch sales would be way higher than Sheamus ever was

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Pentecost

So Seth and Becky are definitely a couple now. Good for them.

The lucky bar steward.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pentecost wrote: »
    So Seth and Becky are definitely a couple now. Good for them.

The lucky bar steward.

Has there been something definite in the last week ? I know there have been rumours and them sitting together at the HOF didn't help the rumours. But that's all they were.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Has there been something definite in the last week ? I know there have been rumours and them sitting together at the HOF didn't help the rumours. But that's all they were.

There’s some pictures on Twitter of them cuddling up to each other in public on their time off. Sorry to break it to you like this..

Pentecost wrote: »
    There’s some pictures on Twitter of them cuddling up to each other in public on their time off. Sorry to break it to you like this..

Ah right hadn't seen any pics. Break it to me ? Sure I'm not arsed what wrestler do in their personal lives.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

upinsmoke wrote: »
    If anyone has Becky's number let me know, I want to ask her out on a date

Someone better break it to this guy on the Mania thread gently though.... :pac:

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ah right hadn't seen any pics. Break it to me ? Sure I'm not arsed what wrestler do in their personal lives.

It’s just a joke. I know you’re a big Becky fan, as am I.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Itssoeasy doth protest too much!

WWE got a power couple storyline staring them in the face now.

Becky/seth vs andrade/charlotte would be a hell of a match between new couples

sky88 wrote: »
    Becky/seth vs andrade/charlotte would be a hell of a match between new couples

Not a bad shout. Hell in a cell. Charlotte and Becky wouldn’t be afraid to take some weapon shots.

• Advertisement

WWE got a power couple storyline staring them in the face now.

Hopefully they do a better job of a man dating the man angle better than in the billy/chuck days. It’s 2019 after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'm a huge stage/titantron freak and I have to say the WM35 stage was a massive disappointment to me.

Just a big screen and ugly looking lighting rig over the ring. Nothing creative or unique about it.

Take a look at WM29 at the Metlife and compare and contrast.

WWE will have to think about if not having an off season(this week is the best thing to it), then they will have to think about giving people time off on a rolling basis.

Nia Jax. Big E and AJ Styles are injured to some degree after mania. Nia appears to have tears in both ACLs and said herself she’ll be gone for a while as did Big E. Now both Nia and Big E are big people in terms of body type and together with the schedule the WWE keep Im shocked there aren’t more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Big E has been busting out the splits though. Man of his size , the last thing you'd expect is the splits!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

One month off (even two weeks if a month scares them too much) after Mania would be the way to go. Gives everyone an extended period to wind down.

They could come back with the shake-up and have it be a big deal like a new season. Advertise contract signings, NXT transfer rumours etc during the off-season to keep things ticking over.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

One month off (even two weeks if a month scares them too much) after Mania would be the way to go. Gives everyone an extended period to wind down.

They could come back with the shake-up and have it be a big deal like a new season. Advertise contract signings, NXT transfer rumours etc during the off-season to keep things ticking over.

They could even make the return a huge deal by mimicking the NFL Draft. Contracts on RAW expiring making XXXX a huge free agent, can Smackdown poach them etc etc.

It'll never happen sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I bet the fans don't lose interest in Becky anytime soon but then again as Basel Fawlty might say.

DON'T MENTION THE BETTING. :p

Becky will hold onto at least one title until Summerslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I love the idea of Mania as the end of the season, with a 6-8 week break after being good for everyone

It's good for Mania, since it's a season finale and feuds will more often that not end at Mania. Which is the way it should be

It would mean less filler time which we usually get for a ppv or two until Summerslam time

But it'll also never happen, too much money being made as is and the fact it's a 52 live shows a year matters for the tv contracts

I do feel it's a thing of short term vs long term gain, they'd see a drop for 2-3 years until the fans get used to the new product and it picks up, but the refreshed wrestlers and fans would eventually lead to a more stable long term product, but they ain't going to chance jack with billion dollar contracts and shareholders to account for who won't give a damn about the talent only the red and black

The WWE roster is so bloated now half the roster could have a month/6 weeks off after Wrestlemania and the other half could have their break after SummerSlam.

The brand is the draw these day not the talent.

• Advertisement

Well going on Charlottes instagram posts over the last 24 hours, Andrade will look as white as a sheet and walking like John Wayne after this week.

Advertisement