Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Any word on taping plans? Like are we talking weekly shows like WWE, whether live or recorded or block recordings like RoH and Impact. Maybe live PPV like early TNA.

I'd say they'll announce it was at the rally along with omega, Daniels etc signing offical

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Am I naive to think people mooting Kenny to WWE are a zillion miles off.

AEW is a massive deal being started by his “friends”. Surely Omega is/was first name on the team sheet when it came to developing this new fed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ShagNastii wrote: »

AEW is a massive deal being started by his “friends”. Surely Omega is/was first name on the team sheet when it came to developing this new fed.

AEW has the potential to be a massive deal.

ShagNastii wrote: »

I agree. A few rumours he's off to WWE but I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up with his mates in AEW especially with it looking like they can offer a lot of money with their contracts.

I can definitely see Jericho signing as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing who shows up at the rally on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think Tony will for into wrestling just fine

https://twitter.com/TomRogers24/status/1081951057893355527?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

sky88 wrote: »
    I think Tony will for into wrestling just fine

https://twitter.com/TomRogers24/status/1081951057893355527?s=19

I bet he called him a Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I would imagine if jericho was to sign that would be his bridges burned with Vince and co.

I can imagine Conrad, Bischoff and Pritchard being involved somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 60,266 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ricero wrote: »

I can imagine Conrad, Bischoff and Pritchard being involved somehow

God I hope not.

We don’t need TNA mark 2.

The Khan family have confirmed their involvement in AEW

Shad Khan statement
    I am the lead investor, a supporter and a backer of All Elite Wrestling, and I anticipate great things today and into the future for AEW and everyone who has worked passionately on this week’s launch. I know AEW will be welcomed by wrestling fans here in the U.S. and throughout the world who are ready for something new and authentic. AEW will work hard to deliver on that promise.

As important, I am the father – the proud father – of Tony Khan, who will serve in a leadership role at AEW during the 2019 launch and in the years ahead. Tony will assemble a great team to take AEW over the top, for the benefit of everyone who loves the wrestling industry, while continuing to serve in his current capacities with the Jaguars and Fulham.

AEW will operate as an organization completely independently from my other interests. It will not deter attention or divert resources from any of my businesses, teams, projects or investments. At the same time, AEW will enjoy the same full commitment I’ve given to everything and everyone in my life – my family and friends, my business and, in recent years, to sports, hospitality and now entertainment.

Tony Khan statement
    Wrestling fans are a community unlike most others. I’ve been a part of this community since I was 7 years old, and I can tell you that wresting fans see the world every day through a special lens. We see wrestling in Hollywood films and tv shows, we see elements of wrestling in the presentation of sports and in the marketing of grandiose star athletes, and we certainly see wrestling in politics.

The wrestling community is a constant; its members are diverse, we are physically located on all corners of the planet, yet we are constantly connected. Recently, a new family has formed, bonded by love and respect for wresting but armed with a vision and resources that have never before been available to the wrestling community. Our objective is to connect our community closer than ever before through All Elite Wrestling, or AEW.

AEW does not mean any less of a continued commitment to existing obligations and duties that I have, or my family has, to our business and sports interests. That will never be the case. What’s important is that every individual decision we make as family, whether it’s ownership or investment in a team or property, is 100 percent beneficial to those specific interests. I will always welcome that accountability and responsibility, as nothing is more important than serving our supporters and friends.

AEW will launch with a roster of the top wrestlers in the world. While they’ll clash in what will be some of the most intense and fast-paced contests ever sanctioned in the squared circle, they’ll also share a common goal: to make this the true golden age, to make this the greatest time ever to be a wrestling fan. Likewise, as a business, by treating our wrestlers with respect and warmth, we also seek to make this the golden age for the performers themselves.

I urge everyone who believes in what we’re doing, or wants to believe in dreams coming true, to support AEW by spreading the word and passing the wrestling bug onto someone else. My message: Get in on the ground floor with AEW today and help lead our movement to grow the wrestling community and ensure that the voices of the wrestling fans, their creative minds and their remarkable ideas, will always be heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I just couldn't see Kenny O going the whole two years in NXT / graduate to mid card route. His reputation is golden with wrestling fans, if not the No. 1 wrestler in the world he's definitely in the top 5, I think if he has a chance at walking straight into WWE as a new major player after Mania (or even at Mania) he would have to consider that strongly, but how likely are the E to offer him that? Not very I would think.

On the other hand NJPW / ROH / AEW have a legit opportunity of building something lasting of the back of All In last year, particularly if they could get a hold of the NWA Heavyweight belt as a kind of Indie Superbelt (as it always was in the golden era). Defended at Supercards / champ tours around, etc. All pipe dream stuff more than likely as the chances of separate organisations cooperating so closely long term is unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He obviously wouldn't be in NXT if he joined.

He'd be like AJ, straight into a high profile feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

J. Marston wrote: »
    He obviously wouldn't be in NXT if he joined.

He'd be like AJ, straight into a high profile feud.

Styles first big WWE feud was with y2j and they were a tag team for a very brief period too

Omega will prob get a title shot at this first mania and go on to be a big attraction but does he want too do all the house shows and that. There's a chance he could Balor it (Really hope he or any other wrestler doesn't) and In Vinces eyes that's a big No for u

How much would it cost them to get get Cena to jump ship?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

How much would it cost them to get get Cena to jump ship?

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fatariage.com%2Fforums%2Fuploads%2Fmonthly_05_2013%2Fpost-29022-0-79014200-1368993730.jpg&f=1

Highly unlikely Cena will jump ship though.

The rally is on tonight at 10pm our time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Zack Ryder
    I got gear made for the 2016 Royal Rumble...but I wasn’t in it. I’ve yet to be in a Royal Rumble to wear it. This may be my year! I hope it still fits!#StillHere #AlwayzReady

Bully Ray
    If not, save it for AEW.

Too soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Pentecost

PAC/Neville has apparently signed with them.

These are the places showing it.

YouTube: Being The Elite
    Twitter: @AEWrestling
    Facebook: @TheYoungBucks
    Instagram: @TheBrandiRhodes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭brianregan09

What time ?

10pm Irish time.

I wonder could they get Nakamura.

He gets to stay in the States and from reading some of the posters here on Boards that is something he wants.

These guys might actually be able to motivate him a motivated Nakamura would be a big asset.

• Advertisement

10pm Irish time.

I wonder could they get Nakamura.

He gets to stay in the States and from reading some of the posters here on Boards that is something he wants.

These guys might actually be able to motivate him a motivated Nakamura would be a big asset.
    Wouldn't that depend on his contract situation with WWE ? From what I've seen of him in WWE in general, he looks not motivated/bored and it's a shame.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Wouldn't that depend on his contract situation with WWE ? From what I've seen of him in WWE in general, he looks not motivated/bored and it's a shame.

Well that's it really does anyone really know how long all the talent they could poach from the WWE have left on their contracts.

Tye Dillinger hinted at something on Instagram with this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsYQXiLleNE/

Well that's it really does anyone really know how long all the talent they could poach from the WWE have left on their contracts.

Well would Meltzer know ? I know from reading books from wrestlers, that in the 1990's at least, there was a period towards the end of a wrestlers contract where they could talk to another company. I don't know if that's even the case today.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,776 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd like to know what WWE are doing with all the talent they've been signing. Some of them could ask for their releases.
    And will they have a women's division from the start?

And then I suppose one of the big things is will they have a wellness policy similar to WWE?

But one thing I think they need to avoid is constantly calling out WWE

That's a big hint from Tye.

If anyone asks for their release the WWE would probably do what they did to PAC and put them on gardening leave.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well would Meltzer know ? I know from reading books from wrestlers, that in the 1990's at least, there was a period towards the end of a wrestlers contract where they could talk to another company. I don't know if that's even the case today.

Those wanting out might let him know for the publicity it will bring and since he is supposed to be pretty close to the AEW guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bryan Alvarez saying there is one guy who they are bringing out last that is top secret and no-one knows who it is.

Punk?

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Bryan Alvarez saying there is one guy who they are bringing out last that is top secret and no-one knows who it is.

Punk?

No way it's Punk.

Advertisement