Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The BDO Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

That’s a disaster for the BDO, considering all the recent fanfare Sherrock was the biggest reason for most people to buy tickets and tune in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Eddie Hearn would have nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Sherrock got £25k for her PDC run, which is greater than 3 times what she would get if she won the women's BDO this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Inquitus wrote: »
    Sherrock got £25k for her PDC run, which is greater than 3 times what she would get if she won the women's BDO this year.

Just goes to show the difference between the BDO and the PDC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

its not like no one saw this coming.

I called out Des on a forum BEFORE he was chairman on his lies, and was warned by mods, and told "wait and see how he does"
    This was after Des was mocking people, issuing threats, etc.

I am delighted to see I was proven right.

Lets face it when Tommy Thompson is praising Des you know you are in trouble, remember he sat there while his treasurer at lancashire darts, an Irene mungins stole tens of thousands of pounds from under his nose to stick in a slot machine, this was the man endorsing des.

Only a fool could think the future was bright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

The decision to move from lakeside will be the final nail in the coffin sad really they've announced the prize money has been reduced due to ticket sales this is the last year of the BDO worlds I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

To be honest with the quality of player left in the bdo I dont think any of em deserve 100k or anywhere near it.

Screenshot-2019-12-31-2-Barry-Hearn-on-Fallon-Sherrock-s-impac.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Just goes to show the difference between the BDO and the PDC.
    There's a number of factors at play. The standard of womens darts is diabolical for the most part, watch the games at the Indigo to see. Last year at Lakeside one of them through a 54 average. I'd beat her in straight sets as a pub league player.

Couple that with the low number of participants in the game, British Open this yr had 200 women, the men's draw had over 2000 and it's only natural that their money is sh1te, you earn what you draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

There's a number of factors at play. The standard of womens darts is diabolical for the most part, watch the games at the Indigo to see. Last year at Lakeside one of them through a 54 average. I'd beat her in straight sets as a pub league player.

Couple that with the low number of participants in the game, British Open this yr had 200 women, the men's draw had over 2000 and it's only natural that their money is sh1te, you earn what you draw.

I agree completely when comparing the difference in money.

Fairplay to Fallon for being the first woman to win at the PDC worlds, I was genuinely delighted for her. What I wasn't so fond of was all the ridiculous, misinformed comments about the gender pay difference from the likes of Billie Jean King.

If Sherrock was good enough to win the PDC worlds then she wouldn't have been paid a penny less than MVG or Wright (whoever wins).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

Womans darts is very poor 99 percent of the time lets be fair , who the hell wants to watch maria o brien and selecta chuck 5s and 1s for a hour.
    Fallon has been well advised on her image and could clean up for a year or so if plays it cool.
    The bdo is a laughin stock and the real dirt hasnt even started yet

Anybody short on entertainment should look at the bdo fanatics page on facebook

Des and paula jacklins joint account is gold

sc86 wrote: »
    Anybody short on entertainment should look at the bdo fanatics page on facebook

Des and paula jacklins joint account is gold

I'm most definitely sad enough to creep on that good man

Tony martin has just started go fund me page for bdo ladies ! Every day theres more ha

Tony martin has just started go fund me page for bdo ladies ! Every day theres more ha

been better if he organised a walk out

The iq levels on that fanatics page is really a worry for the bdo in general, bang of brexit from it. You can see how des was voted in.
    I had to exit the page earlier as there was just so much stupid stuff being wrote every hour you could spend far to long online laughing at it , fine for over xmas when your at a lose end with a hangover!

book.jpg

Seemingly the first day is nearly a sell out now?? Rumours ticket prices reduced to 20 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Seemingly the first day is nearly a sell out now?? Rumours ticket prices reduced to 20 quid

So Des said. We will see. Strange that the first day nearly sold out but shag all sold for final ?

No its because they gave away free tickets again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

No its because they gave away free tickets again

Probably part of the reason they didn't sell. They have done this several times now and now perhaps finally the fans have copped on that if they wait they will get in for nothing.

The set up looks decent in fairness to them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Why is it so Dark?
    What's wrong with a bit of light ,, looks dull on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

What channel is it on folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Scoundrel wrote: »
    The set up looks decent in fairness to them

Darts in a disco? It's appalling. God damn them all to hell. They left the Lakeside. The only thing that the darts had left, going for it

Liamalone wrote: »
    What channel is it on folks?

Eurosport or Quest channel

Is the room deliberately dark, so you can't see the empty seats?

I've been watching the darts from the Lakeside for 40 years. This doesn't sit right at all. Bye bye BDO

abysmal stuff

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

And what's with the ONE80 dartboards? They seem crap to me compared to Winmau. Seem to be a Chinese company which might explain it.

No Lakeside, no Winmau, no lights, no people! :D

Advertisement