Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Style SM Draft GW (Finish Hi, Draft Lo)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Wilberto wrote: »
    Actually, five gold managers, and also five teams in each qualifying group.

Why don't we just all pick teams from the same group?

Obviously we can avoid the groups which include the big hitters, but the last few groups look even enough.

Does it not make more sence to try and all qualify got the WC? raather than 1/2 getting to the big time?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Does it not make more sence to try and all qualify got the WC? raather than 1/2 getting to the big time?

Yeah, but if we're only taking mediocre teams it could mean that only a few of us will actually qualify anyway, and for the few that do qualify, there's only a minute chance that they'll actually meet each other and the World Cup.

It was just an idea anyway that I thought I might just throw out there. :)

Lads, can we stick to buy players on tbe newky added players page only?

If that is to akward to maintain we'll just change it to outside the draft only players below 80 rating can be bought...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

what's awkward? the rule is you can only buy players who have been newly added. how can this not be clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

baza Rakus wrote: »
    what's awkward? the rule is you can only buy players who have been newly added. how can this not be clear?

Yeh seems very clear to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I can't believe that your all talking about me. I found the guy on the newly added list.

Where else would I see him and why would I just bid on a random Real kid if he wasn't on the newly added list?

I had absolutely no idea any transfers had taken place so certainly wasn't referring to you. Was just commenting that the rule was very clear and unsure how it could be any clearer

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The new players list is much bigger in the old layout compared to the new. I suspect thats where the confusion is arising.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Thats grand lads. Its the old layout vs the mobile option vs the new layout.

I can't believe that your all talking about me. I found the guy on the newly added list.

Where else would I see him and why would I just bid on a random Real kid if he wasn't on the newly added list?

I didn't know we were talking about you when I posted that!

• Advertisement

Lads.

It was my intention to do the draft in 3 rounds where the team finishing last gets the first pick on every round.

It seems some thought that it would be more of a serpent style draft.

Ie .

Last in the league gets 1st pick in round 1...
    \/
    First in league gets last pick in round 1 ...
    First in the league gets first pick in round 2 ...
    \/
    Last in the league gets last pick in round 2 ...
    Last in the league gets first pick in round 3 ...
    \/
    First in the league gets last pick in round 3 ...

Im ok with this aslong as the majority on here ar ok with it too

Im also looking to give the season2 cup winner an extra pick after the 3 rounds have completed.
    And an extra pick for the shield winners after the cup winners pick...

Let me know what ya think

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Lads.

It was my intention to do the draft in 3 rounds where the team finishing last gets the first pick on every round.

Ie .

\/
    \/
    \/

Im also looking to give the season2 cup winner an extra pick after the 3 rounds have completed.

I don't mind either way. I'm going on the assumption that everyone will try to win the league regardless of the draft pic, but maybe I'm a bit naive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I don't mind either way. I'm going on the assumption that everyone will try to win the league regardless of the draft pic, but maybe I'm a bit naive!!

Look up Galatasaray - Last Fixture

Mind = Blown

So just to clarify (and I'm not typing on the phone so its a bit easier to do this):

Proposed format ( slightly different from what was laid out day1):

Start of season2:
    Draft Order | Round1|Round2|Round3
    1st Pick| 12th in D1| 1st in D1| 12th in D1
    2nd Pick| 11th in D1|2nd in D1|11th in D1
    3rd Pick| 10th in D1| 3rd in D1|10th in D1
    4th Pick| 9th in D1| 4th in D1|9th in D1
    5th Pick| 8th in D1| 5th in D1|8th in D1
    6th Pick| 7th in D1| 6th in D1|7th in D1
    7th Pick| 6th in D1| 7th in D1|6th in D1
    8th Pick| 5th in D1| 8th in D1|5th in D1
    9th Pick| 4th in D1| 9th in D1|4th in D1
    10th Pick| 3rd in D1| 10th in D1|3rd in D1
    11th Pick| 2nd in D1| 11th in D1|2nd in D1
    12th Pick| 1st in D1| 12th in D1|1st in D1

Start of season 3 and any subsequest season:
    Draft Order | Round1|Round2|Round3
    1st Pick| 12th in D1| 1st in D1| 12th in D1
    2nd Pick| 11th in D1|2nd in D1|11th in D1
    3rd Pick| 10th in D1| 3rd in D1|10th in D1
    4th Pick| 9th in D1| 4th in D1|9th in D1
    5th Pick| 8th in D1| 5th in D1|8th in D1
    6th Pick| 7th in D1| 6th in D1|7th in D1
    7th Pick| 6th in D1| 7th in D1|6th in D1
    8th Pick| 5th in D1| 8th in D1|5th in D1
    9th Pick| 4th in D1| 9th in D1|4th in D1
    10th Pick| 3rd in D1| 10th in D1|3rd in D1
    11th Pick| 2nd in D1| 11th in D1|2nd in D1
    12th Pick| 1st in D1| 12th in D1|1st in D1

Followed by an extra pick for the cup winners
    Followed by an extra pick for the shield winners

It means that in the 3 draft rounds,

rather than 1st in D1 getting pick number 12, 24, 36 of 36- they will now get pick 12, 13 and 36 of 36

rather than 12th in D1 getting pick number 1,13,25 of 36 - they will now get pick 1,24 and 25 of 36

people ok with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I will allow it

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Sounds good

Yeh I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Fine with me. Less incentive for anyone trying to tank the league to get first pick each round, looking at you Galatasaray!!

What I tink is "well that's me fcuked" given the fact I have deliberately been trying to finish last so I get first pick for the first three rounds last season. I even asked you the other day, and you confirmed this.

Maybe if I whine and complain about it you'll change it back? Seems to work. :)
    Lads.

Ie .

\/
    \/
    \/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

What I tink is "well that's me fcuked" given the fact I have deliberately been trying to finish last so I get first pick for the first three rounds last season. I even asked you the other day, and you confirmed this.

Maybe if I whine and complain about it you'll change it back? Seems to work. :)

It's ok baz, I only have 2 wins and have been playing my full team all season....

• Advertisement

It's a bit pathetic to intentionally try finish last

Colemania wrote: »
    It's ok baz, I only have 2 wins and have been playing my full team all season....

I only have one win, and that was against Baz! :pac:

Also, I had no problem with doing it the other way. I mean, if people want to tactically forfeit any chance of winning the league in attempt to get a better place in the draft order then that's exactly what it is, a tactical decision. That same tactical decision was open to everyone at the start of the season.

It doesn't bother me either way really but I can understand why Baz would be a little pee'd off when rules changed against his favour effectively because someone decided to have a little whine.

Who is having a whine?

Some of us wrongly presumed it would run like a regular draft and when realised it wasn't stated so.

How about we just give baz 3 picks and then the rest of us do a draft

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Who is having a whine?

Some of us wrongly presumed it would run like a regular draft and when realised it wasn't stated so.

How about we just give baz 3 picks and then the rest of us do a draft

Cheers Redzer, but I would feel bad if that was the case. Look - all I'm saying is that you say the rules go one way, then change them when some folk moan about it - but - hey - its not my league, I'll go along with whatever everyone else wants (apart from Swifty, never agree with him MY ARCH NEMEIS):mad:

Cheers Redzer, but I would feel bad if that was the case. Look - all I'm saying is that you say the rules go one way, then change them when some folk moan about it - but - hey - its not my league, I'll go along with whatever everyone else wants (apart from Swifty, never agree with him MY ARCH NEMEIS):mad:

I'm now going to do my best to finish below you! ;) :pac:

I'm now going to do my best to finish below you! ;) :pac:

Oh it's on. ITS ON!!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

lol, Galatasaray isn't even pretending to contest the league

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

GLaDOS wrote:
    lol, Galatasaray isn't even pretending to contest the league

I was trying to challenge him for bottom spot, but somehow my very low rated side claimed a point yesterday. No chance of beating him now. :pac:

Ah well!

• Advertisement

Anyone else actually making money in this league. It's a weird and bizarre feeling. I've almost 310m! :pac:

Advertisement