Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Estuary Malahide

• 13-09-2009 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭no scope

Just wondering if this is a good spot to fish

What fish can i catch out here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Jolene Hundreds Eyetooth

yes its good to fish mostly trouth brown and sea,alot of mullet but there flighty fish weve been fishing there for 11 years now, a salmon in weight of 16lb was caught there two to three mths ago the fisheries board was also down there saying that theres evidence of salmon there before this man had caught it. we say the photo also of it aswell for evidance.

it is the estuary at the black bridges.:)

good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

I've looked at the estuary a few times and to be honest I don't think there's a lot to get excited about. There's few mullet with about zero chance of catching one. Biggest problem is water level at the moment. Since the rail bridge collapsed, the bolders placed near it at the weir are acting like a dam, and consequently the water levels are very low indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

Never mind the low water or the flighty mullet - the sour old farts that are on that bridge every night are enough to put you off fishing there. All they do is give out ****e about everything under the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Never mind the low water or the flighty mullet - the sour old farts that are on that bridge every night are enough to put you off fishing there. All they do is give out ****e about everything under the sun.
    ....and that's probably because they catch nothing !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Jolene Hundreds Eyetooth

gl

• Advertisement
Advertisement